PDA

View Full Version : A lesson from the Ravens

Shawn
01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
I love the McClain/Rice duo. We need a FB that can lay wood and run. A FB that can catch would be a plus. I'm tired of 3 TE sets...I'm tired of TE's and Tackles playing the role of FB. We need a guy that can run and block in that position. Can you imagine a running game with two good running backs that can both catch? Being able to run and pass equally well out of a strong I? It would add something special to our offense.

Can Anthony Dixon block?

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Ravens do all that because they have to. I bet most Raven fans are saying.. "If our QB was like Ben" we would still be playing.

Shawn
01-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Ravens do all that because they have to. I bet most Raven fans are saying.. "If our QB was like Ben" we would still be playing.

Yes they do and they do it well. Why not add it to our game? Just because we have a franchise QB doesn't mean we can't have a superior running game. And that is what I'm suggesting here.

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 08:28 PM
I think we will have a good running game next year. Mend is good and had nice production in 11 or 12 games. I'm just not sold on the Ravens running attack I guess...

costanza2k1
01-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I agree that they have to BUT they also can when they WANT and NEED to unlike us at the moment. Most of our runs are the surprise type runs not when our team is leading and everyone knows we are going to run. I love where our passing game is and would love to have a 'finishing' running game to compliment it. How cool is it to run all over people when they know you're going to run...that stuff pumps me up.

I also agree that the Ravens probably wish they had our passing game. The fact that we don't have a dangerous running game is probably why we sucked behind in the red zone as we limited ourselves with passing plays.

Shawn
01-17-2010, 09:54 PM
I agree that they have to BUT they also can when they WANT and NEED to unlike us at the moment. Most of our runs are the surprise type runs not when our team is leading and everyone knows we are going to run. I love where our passing game is and would love to have a 'finishing' running game to compliment it. How cool is it to run all over people when they know you're going to run...that stuff pumps me up.

I also agree that the Ravens probably wish they had our passing game. The fact that we don't have a dangerous running game is probably why we sucked behind in the red zone as we limited ourselves with passing plays.

Agreed...I'm not suggesting we abandon our terrific passing attack. But, wouldn't it be nice to be able to finish a game by eating the clock and imposing our will with our running game?

grotonsteel
01-17-2010, 11:16 PM

Agreed...I'm not suggesting we abandon our terrific passing attack. But, wouldn't it be nice to be able to finish a game by eating the clock and imposing our will with our running game?

Improve O-line and see the efficiency in running game.

Shawn
01-17-2010, 11:38 PM

Improve O-line and see the efficiency in running game.

I seen quite a few running lanes this season. Our OL is more than adequate at run blocking IMO. Pass blocking? Improved but they still need alot of work.