PDA

View Full Version : I think I would blame the refs....

feltdizz
01-16-2010, 10:39 PM
If I was a ravens fan... That call in the endzone was disgusting...

If you wanna crown'em then crown'em

phillyesq
01-16-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd blame the refs for the clock issue. I'm not quite sure how the Colts ran a play that took only 2 seconds off the clock. On third down, there should have been 4 or 5 seconds left, not 7. It doesn't sound like much, but I think it could have easily been enough that the Colts would have to kick the FG on third, rather than run another play.

feltdizz
01-16-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd blame the refs for the clock issue. I'm not quite sure how the Colts ran a play that took only 2 seconds off the clock. On third down, there should have been 4 or 5 seconds left, not 7. It doesn't sound like much, but I think it could have easily been enough that the Colts would have to kick the FG on third, rather than run another play.
That last possession had NFL agenda all over it. There has to come a time when fans/media/analyst stand up and say something. As another flag rules out an INT.... You can't beat Indy tonight Ratbirds...

stlrz d
01-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, and Ben purposely takes sacks to get us into throwing situations.

Everything's a conspiracy theory with this joker.

feltdizz
01-16-2010, 11:43 PM

Ironic huh? Or is it a coincidence?

stlrz d
01-16-2010, 11:47 PM

Neither. In your case it's stupidity. Always.

feltdizz
01-16-2010, 11:50 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2sae1khx]Yeah, and Ben purposely takes sacks to get us into throwing situations.

Neither. In your case it's stupidity. Always.[/quote:2sae1khx]
Thanks Cliff... You are so right.

Iron Shiek
01-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Refs hzve been right all night. Rules are set up that way. dont blame refs...blame the league office.

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Refs hzve been right all night. Rules are set up that way. dont blame refs...blame the league office.
Football move... I'm not saying the Colts weren't the better team but I always believe bad calls will one day haunt my team. I'm not one of those fans who make excuses when a terrible call benefits a team I want to win. I think bad calls or blatantly bad calls taint the game regardless of who they are called on. Plenty of times I have said.. "terrible call, but I'll take it"

I just find it odd when fans cosign a call that if made against their team would cause harm to items and bystanders...

stlrz d
01-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Once more for the obviously dense...there is no "football move" in the NFL rule book.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It was a legitimate call.

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Once more for the obviously dense...there is no "football move" in the NFL rule book.

It was a call when we played the COLTS in Indy. They robbed Troy and robbed us... I hate the Colts amd the NFL Manning lovefest...

I hate the Colts... :wft

devilsdancefloor
01-17-2010, 01:56 AM
The ratbirds beat themselves as they did in the last game against us. you can not have so many stupid penalties and turnovers and expect to win. the refs had NOTHING to do with the ratbirds turning the ball over. If you blame the refs for things it makes you sound like a seahags fan.

stlrz d
01-17-2010, 02:57 AM

It was a call when we played the COLTS in Indy. They robbed Troy and robbed us... I hate the Colts amd the NFL Manning lovefest...

I hate the Colts... :wft

Key words. It's not anymore.

Starlifter
01-17-2010, 09:33 AM
ray ray went helmet to helmet. that was a good call. the 2 seconds for one play was ridiculous, that was critical to the game. the clock started at 9 and there's no way there should have been more and 5 seconds left in the game. I don't think it would have changed the outcome but the colts should have only kicked a FG there.

the PI on Ed Reeds interception was legit as well. Bottom line, the Rat as they've done all year put themselves in a position to lose with stupid penalties and untimely turnovers. combine that with a QB that definitely slumped in the latter half and bingo - see you next september.

Slapstick
01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
If you want to blame somebody, blame Pierre Garcon from D3 Mount Union College for running the "best safety of the decade" down from behind and forcing that fumble...

God, I loved it when MUC took care of "the U"...

Mister Pittsburgh
01-17-2010, 11:27 AM
i rewound and rewatched the time thing at the end of the first half after I saw Harbaugh complaining. The colts called timeout and initially it showed 9 seconds on the clock. Before the play though there was 11 seconds on the clock. They added 2 seconds back to the clock as that must have been when the timeout was called. So the play in question took 4 seconds to run and it was a quick slant across the middle that Manning unloaded in about 2 seconds and it wasn't caught. So that left 7 seconds on the clock.

stlrz d
01-17-2010, 12:22 PM
i rewound and rewatched the time thing at the end of the first half after I saw Harbaugh complaining. The colts called timeout and initially it showed 9 seconds on the clock. Before the play though there was 11 seconds on the clock. They added 2 seconds back to the clock as that must have been when the timeout was called. So the play in question took 4 seconds to run and it was a quick slant across the middle that Manning unloaded in about 2 seconds and it wasn't caught. So that left 7 seconds on the clock.

That is exactly what happened.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":hv92fr6g]i rewound and rewatched the time thing at the end of the first half after I saw Harbaugh complaining. The colts called timeout and initially it showed 9 seconds on the clock. Before the play though there was 11 seconds on the clock. They added 2 seconds back to the clock as that must have been when the timeout was called. So the play in question took 4 seconds to run and it was a quick slant across the middle that Manning unloaded in about 2 seconds and it wasn't caught. So that left 7 seconds on the clock.

That is exactly what happened.[/quote:hv92fr6g]

Yep. But string up the refs by their toe-nails! :lol: