PDA

View Full Version : thoughts about the saints

Starlifter
01-16-2010, 07:09 PM
THAT is what a high-powered offense looks like. Is there any doubt they think they can run whenever they want, throw whenever they want, score whenever they need and actually design a game plan that is innovative, fast and effective?

does our offense with it's 4000 yards passing, 1000 yards rushing etc appear to be in the same league?

I know the grass is always greener but wow - the saints look pretty darn good.

btw, bryant mcfadden is getting beat like a 2 dollar whore....a cheap crappy william gay is a much better investment than an expensive crappy mcfadden.

SteelBucks
01-16-2010, 07:54 PM
btw, bryant mcfadden is getting beat like a 2 dollar whore.....

http://www.toaster.org/cards/toast.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
BMac was only good when he was with us, and like Scarlett said, we will always owe him for getting us to XL for his defended passes in the endzone that forced the Colts to kick (and miss) that field goal.

But he seems to have been TOAST!! (^^ nice pic!) over at Steelers west. Can't understand how anyone can think otherwise. Maybe there are some stats?

I'm watching the Ravens. I don't like Manning, but I hate the Ravens, so it's an easy choice.

BTW - the Cards fired their defensive coordinator after we beat them last year. They gonna do it again?

Wolfhound45
01-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I think the Saints proved they can handle anyone in the NFC right now. Having said that, I am looking forward to the possibility of a Saints/Brees vs Chargers/Rivers matchup. Would definitely make for a lot of smack talking the week before the game.

feltdizz
01-16-2010, 10:20 PM
The Saints proved what GB proved last week. AZ has a terrible D. I think it's too early to crown the Saints. Aaron Rodgers was one completion on first down in OT from winning.

feltdizz
01-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I think the Saints proved they can handle anyone in the NFC right now. Having said that, I am looking forward to the possibility of a Saints/Brees vs Chargers/Rivers matchup. Would definitely make for a lot of smack talking the week before the game.
Dallas handled the Saints a few weeks ago. I think they will meet again too...

redundantman
01-17-2010, 08:10 AM
The Saints proved what GB proved last week. AZ has a terrible D. I think it's too early to crown the Saints. Aaron Rodgers was one completion on first down in OT from winning.

This.

But you can see the media loe-fest coming right? They are going to be talking up the Saints all week because of this game. The Dallas game will be ignored. For his team's own good Sean Payton (Peyton) needs to publicly berate them for not hanging 70 on the Cards.

Iron Shiek
01-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow...my eyes deceived me. Thought it was a browns thread. I was confused. Anyway...Saints looked good again finally. I thought if Dallas met them again it would be a repeat. But if Saints play like that...I cant see anyone handling them. Which Saints will show up?

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 12:55 PM
They don't play AZ every week. While it was impressive... I had to keep reminding myself how bad AZ's D is. It was a great game to start a playoff run though...

It's like watching QB's play against us in the 4th qtr... They all looked like HOFers... I'm not going to jump on just yet.

Wolfhound45
01-17-2010, 06:19 PM

Nope.

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Nope.
Not even close...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Romo =

http://rfpoftheday.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/ozzie-guillen-choke.jpg

SteelAbility
01-17-2010, 09:28 PM
The Saints win was primarily the result of a fully rested team versus a team coming off a hard-faught, physically and emotionally draining victory on a short week. GB didn't just wear down the cards physically, they also provided the game tape to expose a blaring weakness that simply could not be corrected in one week. I'm not on the bandwagon yet.