PDA

View Full Version : Final 2009 stats if you're interested

papillon
01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
2009 Season Final Stats (http://new.steelers.com/mediacontent/2010/01/12/04/Steelers_Final_Stats_116719_116900.pdf)

Enjoy or cry whichever seems to be the appropriate response. Before anyone whines, embedding the stats would make them unintelligible. :moon

Pappy

Iron Shiek
01-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Alot of info there thanks.

Did alot of fans just bail on the season by the time we hit the Green Bay game? That loss to the Stains sent fans reeling I guess.

JTP53609
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
after that loss to the raiders..i felt we would not make the playoffs and frankly did not deserve to make the playoffs....than i always looked and though of scenerios on how we could get in, and i said all we need to do is win out and hope for yadayadayada....

well when it was fourth and 7 in the browns game, for some reason my heart was not beating at the normal Steeler gameday rate, I was not on the edge of my seat, and my hands were dry....I knew based on our performance that night, that we would not win the game and I was watching a team that was not hungry, It was the first time I ever watched a Steeler game where I was not screaming....for some reason I was really into the packer, rat and dolphins game though, but that brown game was just ehhh for me.....

Oviedo
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Impressive that Mendenhall averaged 4.6 yards per rush attempt. Can't remember that happening in the good ole days of being a "FB led power rushing team."

Probably just me though because little about this offense has value. :stirpot

phillyesq
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Impressive that Mendenhall averaged 4.6 yards per rush attempt. Can't remember that happening in the good ole days of being a "FB led power rushing team."

Parker put up 1200+ yards, averaging 4.7 ypc, in 2005.

You must have a short memory. :wink:

feltdizz
01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
after that loss to the raiders..i felt we would not make the playoffs and frankly did not deserve to make the playoffs....than i always looked and though of scenerios on how we could get in, and i said all we need to do is win out and hope for yadayadayada....

well when it was fourth and 7 in the browns game, for some reason my heart was not beating at the normal Steeler gameday rate, I was not on the edge of my seat, and my hands were dry....I knew based on our performance that night, that we would not win the game and I was watching a team that was not hungry, It was the first time I ever watched a Steeler game where I was not screaming....for some reason I was really into the packer, rat and dolphins game though, but that brown game was just ehhh for me.....

During the Raiders game, after we traded TD's in the 4th, I knew we were screwed. I can understand a road let down but at home? HOME??? That was it for me.. I was mad at the Cleveland game but I wasn't surprised... I left the bar at halftime..

feltdizz
01-12-2010, 05:56 PM

Did alot of fans just bail on the season by the time we hit the Green Bay game? That loss to the Stains sent fans reeling I guess.

The Raiders game...

the Stain game was just the twisting of the knife after the other 3 or 4 stabs in the back.

NorthCoast
01-12-2010, 10:11 PM

Parker put up 1200+ yards, averaging 4.7 ypc, in 2005.

You must have a short memory. :wink:

And Bettis averaged 4.8 per in 2001, and Barry Foster avg'd 5.1 in '91, and Franco avg'd 5.6 in '72 with Bleier leading the way......need more??

Shoe
01-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Interesting note: Limas Sweed had 5 more yards than I had in '09.

SteelAbility
01-13-2010, 08:38 AM

This O has immense value between the 20s. :stirpot :P

SteelBucks
01-13-2010, 10:57 AM
So Polamalu plays in only five games and finishes the season tied for the team lead in interceptions (3). That speaks volumes of how bad our secondary was.

Iron Shiek
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM

The Raiders game...

the Stain game was just the twisting of the knife after the other 3 or 4 stabs in the back.

Right. I guess I should have elaborated better. The home attendance figures took a nose dive right after the Stains game (I had the attendance reference originally but deleted it for some reason).

And yeah, leave it to me to see a page full of player stats and my eyes wander to the attendance figures. :?

feltdizz
01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
So Polamalu plays in only five games and finishes the season tied for the team lead in interceptions (3). That speaks volumes of how bad our secondary was.

I would like to add....

the last 2 INT's happened in the final 5 minutes of the last game of the season...

:oops: