PDA

View Full Version : Great Game???

SidSmythe
01-10-2010, 11:41 PM
the Talking Heads/Experts are talking about what a great game this was tonight (AZ vs. GB)

Are you kidding me??? It was a joke ... a glorified flag football game.

Points that come that easily just aren't valuable. You can take all those points and couldn't buy a gallon of milk in my opinion.

Do I want every game to be 9 - 6??? No, but come on . . . I don't mind a good 42 - 41 game as long as at least a few defensive players show up

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2010, 11:43 PM
i agree

its amazing arena fottball didn't make it big with the way some of these guys think

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2010, 12:43 AM
It was a great game! (For the owners).

It's like everything else in this country now - flash over substance, for the lowest common denominator.

Look at basketball - monster dunks get much more Sportcenter time than passing the ball 5 times to find the open man to make a shot. Or some dude holding a Superstar in check all game with awesome defense. (I follow the Spurs, they are like the Steelers of basketball - hard work, no chest thumping, teamwork/selflessness, a lot of rings ... and no press respect).

I'd like to see the Jets go far into the playoffs - they remind me a lot of us (great D, good running, don't need to pass 500 yards to win a game.

Starlifter
01-11-2010, 12:45 AM
There is nothing great about 1000 yards of offense and TD's every 3 minutes. The NFL should be embarrassed they have allowed the rules to favor such an imbalance...

skyhawk
01-11-2010, 01:07 AM
There is nothing great about 1000 yards of offense and TD's every 3 minutes. The NFL should be embarrassed they have allowed the rules to favor such an imbalance...

:Agree

NJ-STEELER
01-11-2010, 02:04 AM

It's like everything else in this country now - flash over substance, for the lowest common denominator.

Look at basketball - monster dunks get much more Sportcenter time than passing the ball 5 times to find the open man to make a shot. Or some dude holding a Superstar in check all game with awesome defense. (I follow the Spurs, they are like the Steelers of basketball - hard work, no chest thumping, teamwork/selflessness, a lot of rings ... and no press respect).

I'd like to see the Jets go far into the playoffs - they remind me a lot of us (great D, good running, don't need to pass 500 yards to win a game.

i like their make up , but living in the area would make it absolutely miserable to see the jets win.

no to the jets, unless they wind up facing dallas

msp26505
01-11-2010, 07:28 AM

I assume you mean the OLD us... :(

SteelAbility
01-11-2010, 08:12 AM
It seemed like ESPN's post-game on that ran for 4 to 5 times as long as a normal game. It was as if this was the perfect opportunity to market cheap merchandise to an ignorant audience.

Great game my :moon

papillon
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
the Talking Heads/Experts are talking about what a great game this was tonight (AZ vs. GB)

Points that come that easily just aren't valuable. You can take all those points and couldn't buy a gallon of milk in my opinion.

Do I want every game to be 9 - 6??? No, but come on . . . I don't mind a good 42 - 41 game as long as at least a few defensive players show up

Hated it, didn't watch intently until the last 5 minutes, it reminded of a basketball game, there is absolutely no reason to watch the first 43 minutes of a basketball game, this football game was the same, why watch the first 55 minutes? Whoever had the ball scored. The last 5 minutes was all that mattered.

I like games in the 21-17 or 24-21 or 28-24 scoring range. It tells me the defense has a say in the outcome and that the offenses can move the ball, but not at will.

Pappy

SidSmythe
01-11-2010, 03:56 PM

so true ... that's why I don't watch all the pregame & post game stuff all too much. They talk about nonsense and promote offense. This garbage keeps up, i'm going to switch to NHL and just follow High School and Div III College football.

Hated it, didn't watch intently until the last 5 minutes, it reminded of a basketball game, there is absolutely no reason to watch the first 43 minutes of a basketball game, this football game was the same, why watch the first 55 minutes? Whoever had the ball scored. The last 5 minutes was all that mattered.

I like games in the 21-17 or 24-21 or 28-24 scoring range. It tells me the defense has a say in the outcome and that the offenses can move the ball, but not at will.

Pappy

Great point. I've seen 13-10 games that were much better than this one.
That's why I love the Steelers/Ravens rivalry!!