PDA

View Full Version : this ain't your fathers NFL--hell it ain't my NFL anymore

brothervad
01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Zona vs GB 45-38 late in the 4th...

Tecmo football anyone...thing is...Chicks dig the pass...

the NFL has to cater to the Least Common Denominator...that need to be entertained all the time or their ADD gets the best of them.

:(

brothervad

(don't get me wrong it's entertaining, but I would prefer bonecrushing D not the pinball machine)

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM

the NFL has to cater to the Least Common Denominator...that need to be entertained all the time or their ADD gets the best of them.

brothervad

(don't get me wrong it's entertaining, but I would prefer bonecrushing D not the pinball machine)
One punt... Entertaining to me... but if I'm a fan of either team I'm mad. It's arena football
but I will admit some of the catches have been amazing with good coverage. No hits to separate the guy from the ball.

Shoe
01-10-2010, 08:48 PM

brothervad

It's so true (ADD comment). This is a crazy game here boy. This hurts the argument of Charles Woodson as DMVP in my opinion. Cuz I do not see this happening, if a team has a true dominant Corner. Woodson has been amazingly opportunistic this year I grant you. But Revis is just lock-down sharp.

MaxAMillion
01-10-2010, 08:49 PM
It is a QB driven league. The Cards were last in the league in rush attempts per game. Yet here they are two minutes from moving on to the divisional round. I still believe that this year's Super Bowl winner will be a passing team.

NC Steeler Fan
01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
OT here we go!

Let's go green bay!!!!!! :Boobs

(Damn, somebody get that high pitched screaming chick away from the
microphone...sounds like the '06 denver playoff game all over again...cripes...)

NC Steeler Fan
01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Too late...Rogers fumbles...az runs it in for six...damn... :(

DukieBoy
01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
NBA Football

HardlinerKC
01-11-2010, 05:50 AM
This was an AFL throwback game! :D

SteelAbility
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Personally I don't find it very entertaining watching defenders chase the offense around the field in a mere act of formality before they finally walk into the EZ.

MEANINGFUL scoring is where the real excitement is, not this "I can knock you out because the rules handcuff you" crap.

Iron Shiek
01-11-2010, 11:36 AM
It was one game. There is always one or two of these games in the first round of the playoffs. I seriously don't think its the norm. Granted passing is up, but its not like every NFL game ends with this crazy final score.

papillon
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
It seems that the majority of folks hate Madden style football and yet, the NFL believes that this is what the fans want to see. Is it that Steeler fans (like us) enjoy defense because it's been something associated with the Steelers forever? Or, are we purists who believe that running the football should be at least 50% of the game? Or, are we just neanderthals when it comes to football and out of touch with fans from around the country?

I always hear that people want scoring, then I come here or any other Steeler forum and I hear everyone wishing for more balance.

Pappy

Sugar
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
It seems that the majority of folks hate Madden style football and yet, the NFL believes that this is what the fans want to see. Is it that Steeler fans (like us) enjoy defense because it's been something associated with the Steelers forever? Or, are we purists who believe that running the football should be at least 50% of the game? Or, are we just neanderthals when it comes to football and out of touch with fans from around the country?

I always hear that people want scoring, then I come here or any other Steeler forum and I hear everyone wishing for more balance.

Pappy

It seems to me that the Ravens, Cowboys, Jets and Bengals all had plenty of running this weekend. Many fans would submit that you have to have at least two feature level backs to be competitive in this league.

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 12:16 PM

Pappy

the new NFL fans want scoring and shootouts... I will admit I found it entertaining. The other 3 games were pretty much decided in the first quarter.

The WR's were making some amazing catches in the GB AZ game but I would have loved to see a few players get separated from passes with bone crushing hits.
I think most fans of NFC teams are used to shootouts. I always thought the AFC was hard nosed football and the NFC was more finesse.

Iron Shiek
01-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I agree felt. I find this notion that the NFL is going down the tubes or the thought of a game like that packers/cards game being offensive to "true" NFL fans to be odd.

If every game was like that, then I'd be pi$$ed. But it was entertaining despite the fact that it seemed defense was not part of either gameplan.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
It was one game. There is always one or two of these games in the first round of the playoffs. I seriously don't think its the norm. Granted passing is up, but its not like every NFL game ends with this crazy final score.

:Agree

The Ravens, Cowboys, and Jets all won with strong defensive performances this weekend...yet NFL football as we know it is crumbling and turning into a Tecmo league because one of the 4 games had over 90 combined points. :?

papillon
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM

:Agree

The Ravens, Cowboys, and Jets all won with strong defensive performances this weekend...yet NFL football as we know it is crumbling and turning into a Tecmo league because one of the 4 games had over 90 combined points. :?

They won with defense because they had to. Flacco, Romo and Sanchez aren't exactly murderers row of quarterbacks. If they had quarterbacks that could carry the team they would throw just like every other team that has an elite quarterback, Steelers included.

Pappy

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Romo was one correct challenge away fron a momentum changing early INT...