PDA

View Full Version : BMAC sucks too

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Just BADLY played a 4th and 5 - receiver went in for a TD.

Gay sucks, and BMac may be better, but I've never thought it was THAT huge a stepdown. I think BMac has been getting torched all year long.

BURGH86STEEL
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone posted this. He's had his struggles this game. Not sure about the whole season.

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2010, 08:16 PM
i really cant recall him letting up those kind of plays when he was here. or even the plays that gay gave up this year

does anyone have any examples

BURGH86STEEL
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
i really cant recall him letting up those kind of plays when he was here. or even the plays that gay gave up this year

He had his bad moments with the Steelers. The last one that I remember was in the SB.

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Troy was the difference. BMac was nothing special... I think our DB's are zone or torched. This looks just like our game. Rodgers doesn't quit. AZ has been pretty officiant but the ST's turnover hurt

Shoe
01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Jeez, we have about eight William Gay's on this field today (honestly, this Michael Adams on Arizona is Gay's twin brother the guy he is getting abused).

Shoe
01-10-2010, 08:44 PM
FORTY FIVE to FORTY FIVE

:shock: WoW

RussBII
01-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Jeez, we have about eight William Gay's on this field today (honestly, this Michael Adams on Arizona is Gay's twin brother the guy he is getting abused).

Nahh, Michael Adams is getting too many penalties to be William Gay. To get one of them penalties you have to be NEAR the receiver.

He's more like Chad Scott.

Shawn
01-10-2010, 10:00 PM

Gay sucks, and BMac may be better, but I've never thought it was THAT huge a stepdown. I think BMac has been getting torched all year long.

Bmac played well all year. Gay was a HUGE step down. You are mistaken.

Shawn
01-10-2010, 10:01 PM

Every DB has bad games...and plays. Gay is horrific. Bmac was almost as good as Ike. Honestly, it was very close.

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 10:12 PM

Every DB has bad games...and plays. Gay is horrific. Bmac was almost as good as Ike. Honestly, it was very close.

What? Bmac was maybe "step on your toes" higher than Gay..

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 10:13 PM
FORTY FIVE to FORTY FIVE

:shock: WoW

This is what happens when your Red Zone is efficient but your DB play stinks.

Steel Life
01-10-2010, 10:13 PM

I believe that there was an thread about a month ago that centered on an article showing that BMac was one of the worst CBs in the league. I've watched a lot of the Cards this year on Sunday Ticket & he gets picked on regularly - he wasn't a big loss.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-10-2010, 10:23 PM

I believe that there was an thread about a month ago that centered on an article showing that BMac was one of the worst CBs in the league. I've watched a lot of the Cards this year on Sunday Ticket & he gets picked on regularly - he wasn't a big loss.

What Steel Life said ... :Agree

Herewegosteelers!
01-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Troy was the difference. BMac was nothing special... I think our DB's are zone or torched. This looks just like our game. Rodgers doesn't quit. AZ has been pretty officiant but the ST's turnover hurt

That's just it. Troy has a way of making all DB's look better by him just playing.

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
oh, he looks much worse this year with the cards.

but again, i'm failing to remeber how bad he was with us.

i'd take him over gay in a second

Shawn
01-11-2010, 12:18 AM

I also remember a thread written by Dutch a couple years back with statistcal correlation to him being one of the better DBs that season. Just because an article stats it...doesn't make it fact. When he was with the Steelers our secondary was sick. Anyone with eyes could see the guy could play. Troy being out this year hurt...no doubt. But, Troy has had many injuries and games where he did not play. Bmac wasn't exposed like Gay without his catch net.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2010, 12:38 AM

I also remember a thread written by Dutch a couple years back with statistcal correlation to him being one of the better DBs that season. Just because an article stats it...doesn't make it fact. When he was with the Steelers our secondary was sick. Anyone with eyes could see the guy could play. Troy being out this year hurt...no doubt. But, Troy has had many injuries and games where he did not play. Bmac wasn't exposed like Gay without his catch net.

Just because "a thread by Dutch a couple years back with statistical correlation" states it ... doesn't make it fact. :lol:

Shawn
01-11-2010, 01:31 AM

Just because "a thread by Dutch a couple years back with statistical correlation" states it ... doesn't make it fact. :lol:

My exact point. Some of you guys claim he is a moron. He writes for the Herald. Two opposite opinions. Just because some guy wrote it doesn't make it fact.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2010, 02:07 AM

My exact point. Some of you guys claim he is a moron. He writes for the Herald. Two opposite opinions. Just because some guy wrote it doesn't make it fact.

All I know is that he didn't seem to do to great a job defending passes in today's game :lol: .

ESPN stats here http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8476 say: " McFadden finished the 2009 regular season -- his first as a full-time starter -- with 69 tackles (64 solo) and zero interceptions.
Spin: He was solid in the tackling department, but the lack of interceptions was a significant drawback. He had seven picks in his previous 51 NFL games (SASF comment here - I believe they mean with the Steelers).

So no pics all year long, one every 7 or 8 games prior to this, and was on the field today when Rodgers put up what, 45 points? I'm sticking with my opinion that we didn't really take too much of a step backwards by not paying him what he wanted.

I can't quite see in any of this why you say, "Bmac played well all year", but to each their own.

NJ-STEELER
01-11-2010, 02:10 AM
does this show how much of a better coach tomlin is then whiz?

:stirpot

skyhawk
01-11-2010, 03:40 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone posted this. He's had his struggles this game. Not sure about the whole season.

All DB's on BOTH teams struggled in this game.

Scarletfire1970
01-11-2010, 07:02 AM
I'll always be grateful to Bryant McFadden for help saving our arses in the playoff game against Indy in 2005. He broke up a pass in the end zone intended for Reggie Wayne. That would have put the Colts ahead. Instead they had to go for the field goal and missed.

Oviedo
01-11-2010, 09:08 AM

Shawn--don't know how many Cardinal games you have actually watched but I watched all or parts of 4 or 5 and Bmac was mediocre at best. Lots of catches against him and quite a few missed tackles.

stlrz d
01-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Bmac was good in OUR scheme.

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Gay looked good in our scheme too when BMac went down... but I think Troy is our scheme.

Oviedo
01-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Gay looked good in our scheme too when BMac went down... but I think Troy is our scheme.

That is the concern I have been voicing for awhile now. Our scheme seems to be dependent on one player who has a history of injuries.

So we have an overly complex scheme that takes a couple of years to learn preventing young players from contributing but the one player who is essential to it gets hurt and we can't replace him because said young players can't learn the scheme. Not a recipe for success.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2010, 10:37 AM

That is the concern I have been voicing for awhile now. Our scheme seems to be dependent on one player who has a history of injuries.

So we have an overly complex scheme that takes a couple of years to learn preventing young players from contributing but the one player who is essential to it gets hurt and we can't replace him because said young players can't learn the scheme. Not a recipe for success.

A lot to be said for this. I hope we're not in a position of having very poor odds of having a good defense for an entire season any more. Thank goodness we got two more rings out of it, that's a trade off a lot of teams would be willing to make ...

Oviedo
01-11-2010, 10:43 AM

A lot to be said for this. I hope we're not in a position of having very poor odds of having a good defense for an entire season any more. Thank goodness we got two more rings out of it, that's a trade off a lot of teams would be willing to make ...

I think moving forward as the long as the scheme can't take advantage of the talents of young players we will continue to have issues on defense.

You can't ride the same horses forever and expect long term success. Look how quickly Farrior declined in one season. When will we see that drop in Aaron Smith? Troy? Ike Taylor? James Harrison?

I'm just not sure how long we have the luxury of "redshirting" young players for a couple of years to learn a scheme.

williar
01-11-2010, 07:14 PM

I think moving forward as the long as the scheme can't take advantage of the talents of young players we will continue to have issues on defense.

You can't ride the same horses forever and expect long term success. Look how quickly Farrior declined in one season. When will we see that drop in Aaron Smith? Troy? Ike Taylor? James Harrison?

I'm just not sure how long we have the luxury of "redshirting" young players for a couple of years to learn a scheme.

I totally agree with this...It is time for Lebeau, Tomlin, or whoever is running the defensive show to get a clue. All of this continued, overcomplication of the defensive scheme is taking its toll. Yeah, it maybe comlpicated, but it is also idiotic to have a scheme so complicated that a would be talented rookie can't come in and contribute for learning the scheme. I see this going on with the Steelers then any other team. If I am not mistaking, the colts have (had) a couple of free agent rookies starting in their defensive backfield. I've heard nothing but rave reviews. What I want to know, if our complicated schemes are so effective, how come whenever Troy and Aaron go down, our defense quickly becomes the keystone cops?

Steel Life
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Here's the article guys (in abbreviated form) -

No Respect: Most-Targeted Defenders
This story originally published on ScoutNFLNetwork.com

By Ed Thompson
Scout.com Senior NFL Analyst
Posted Dec 5, 2009

Scout.com's Ed Thompson takes a look at the three cornerbacks, safeties and linebackers that NFL quarterbacks have gone after with no mercy this season. And he points out which players at each position are struggling the most when called upon to defend the pass.

Cornerbacks

Ike Taylor, Pittsburgh Steelers: Quarterbacks have gone after the seventh-year corner a 90 times this season, more than any other defender in the NFL. Taylor has allowed a league-high 54 catches (60 percent) for 679 yards and two touchdowns. He's broken-up 11 attempts.

Bryant McFadden, Arizona Cardinals: 87 passes have been thrown McFadden's way, and he's allowed 45 completions (51.7 percent) for 648 yards and a score. He's knocked away 13 throws.

Derek Cox, Jacksonville Jaguars: The rookie out of William & Mary has been forced to defend 80 passes and has allowed 47 of them to be caught (58.8 percent) for 644 yards and five touchdowns. Cox has broken-up seven catchable passes.

Worst Burned Rate: The Carolina Panthers' Chris Gamble has allowed 74.0 percent of the passes attempted against him to be completed. That's the worst mark among all corners who have defended at least 33 passes this year (an average of three per game). The Titans' Nick Harper is second (72.5 percent) followed by the Seahawks' Josh Wilson (69 percent), the Colts' Tim Jennings (67.3 percent) and Dolphins rookie Vontae Davis and Texans veteran Dunta Robinson at 64.7 percent each.

Shawn
01-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Bmac was good in OUR scheme.

$$$...people can say what they may but BMac was a very good DB for the Steelers.

Shawn
01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
So according to that article he based his opinion on pure stats and thinks Ike is a dog too. Yep...the dude knows what he is talking about. :roll:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2010, 11:30 PM
So according to that article he based his opinion on pure stats and thinks Ike is a dog too. Yep...the dude knows what he is talking about. :roll:

Ok, the dreaded eye roll icon aside and sarcastic comments aside, it's a little hard to know what your thoughts are here. Are you saying you think BMac did a good job this year for the Cards?

Shawn
01-11-2010, 11:48 PM

Ok, the dreaded eye roll icon aside and sarcastic comments aside, it's a little hard to know what your thoughts are here. Are you saying you think BMac did a good job this year for the Cards?

Despite your sarcastic tone I will address you one more post before you go on ignore...like I had you on before. Overall, I believe BMac has generally played well...yes for the Cards. When compared to Gay he is elite. I believe BMac was a VERY good DB for the Steelers...and Gay is horrid. Clear enough for you?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2010, 12:08 AM

Despite your sarcastic tone I will address you one more post before you go on ignore...like I had you on before. Overall, I believe BMac has generally played well...yes for the Cards. When compared to Gay he is elite. I believe BMac was a VERY good DB for the Steelers...and Gay is horrid. Clear enough for you?

OMG - are you the same guy as "ShawnMedGuy" the guy who was banned from this board for abusing the moderator position (deleting posts of people you "didn't like")? Is that you?

So you come back, do eye rolls and sarcastic tones (like right above in this post), then someone asks you a question and you cry sarcasm, and talk about putting people on ignore? Incredible. I gotta tell you, I haven't even thought about the ignore button since you left.

"Hope that helps!!" :lol:

steelernation77
01-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Amari Spievey just declared. This guy is the real deal. If he's available in the 2nd I'd love if the Steelers nabbed him. He's a CB by the way.

Shawn
01-12-2010, 12:36 AM

OMG - are you the same guy as "ShawnMedGuy" the guy who was banned from this board for abusing the moderator position (deleting posts of people you "didn't like")? Is that you?

So you come back, do eye rolls and sarcastic tones (like right above in this post), then someone asks you a question and you cry sarcasm, and talk about putting people on ignore? Incredible. I gotta tell you, I haven't even thought about the ignore button since you left.

You must be a bit slow. I believe you were the last one to figure that out. If John wanted me banned I wouldn't be here. True ignorance is speaking when you have little to no clue what you are talking about.

And yes...we both had each other on ignore. I think it works better than way...eh?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2010, 12:47 AM

You must be a bit slow. I believe you were the last one to figure that out. If John wanted me banned I wouldn't be here. True ignorance is speaking when you have little to no clue what you are talking about.

And yes...we both had each other on ignore. I think it works better than way...eh?

Well, maybe I was the last, but you sure didn't prove a leopard can change his spots, did you? Recognizable from a mile away. Well, if the mods want to give you a 2nd chance that's no business of mine. A little less divisive and aggressive this time around would be nice. And maybe a little less of the eye roll and sarcasm, and personal insults ("you must be a little slow"), they don't really fit nicely on this board, you've probably gotten used to the other boards. Eh?

Were you a moderator there too?

Shawn
01-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Again, you have no clue about what you are talking about. Used at other boards?...only football board I have been active on is my own...I'm a moderator at another non football board with over 2000 members. They seem to have no problem with my style. If you don't like me or my style put me on ignore. But, I won't rehash details that you only heard rumors of with you. I won't be drawn into your drama. Good day.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Again, you have no clue about what you are talking about. Used at other boards?...only football board I have been active on is my own...I'm a moderator at another non football board with over 2000 members. They seem to have no problem with my style. If you don't like me or my style put me on ignore. But, I won't rehash details that you only heard rumors of with you. I won't be drawn into your drama. Good day.

Not banned? Just posting under a different user name because, what the heck, it seems like a fun thing to do?

The only drama involved is a moderator abusing members of this board by deleting posts of multiple posters they "didn't like". I'd think the decent thing to have done before coming back and posting would be to apologize to the board. It's not too late.

Just my opinion.

I remember another thing about you now, you seemed constitutionally incapable of letting someone else have the last opinion on a topic you disagreed with them on. It was almost cartoon-like funny to watch.

Shawn
01-12-2010, 01:42 AM

Not banned? Just posting under a different user name because, what the heck, it seems like a fun thing to do?

The only drama involved is a moderator abusing members of this board by deleting posts of multiple posters they "didn't like". I'd think the decent thing to have done before coming back and posting would be to apologize to the board. It's not too late.

Just my opinion.

I remember another thing about you now, you seemed constitutionally incapable of letting someone else have the last opinion on a topic you disagreed with them on. It was almost cartoon-like funny to watch.

I'm not sure I'll sleep well tonight knowing you don't like me or my moderating style. I won't get into the reasons why certain people were banned under my "reign of terror" nor will I apologize for running the board the way I believed it should be run. Shoot, if I banned people for merely not liking them you would have been gone long ago. :lol: Actually, you would have been at least second or third on that very short list. If you are not ok with that...I think I will be aight. ;)

In all seriousness...I have no issues with anyone on this board...not even you. You merely annoy me. I don't know you. I doubt you have even taken a chance to branch out to meet anyone from this board. I have met several of the guys from this board. I know them...they know me. Theirs are the only opinions that really matter to me.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2010, 02:15 AM

Just my opinion.

I'm not sure I'll sleep well tonight knowing you don't like me or my moderating style. I won't get into the reasons why certain people were banned under my "reign of terror" nor will I apologize for running the board the way I believed it should be run. Shoot, if I banned people for merely not liking them you would have been gone long ago. :lol: Actually, you would have been at least second or third on that very short list. If you are not ok with that...I think I will be aight. ;)

In all seriousness...I have no issues with anyone on this board...not even you. You merely annoy me. I don't know you. I doubt you have even taken a chance to branch out to meet anyone from this board. I have met several of the guys from this board. I know them...they know me. Theirs are the only opinions that really matter to me.

What in the world did you come back for?

I think most of the people posting on this board care about each other's opinion, that's why they post here. Since you've said all you care about is the opinions of a few people you've met here, you might consider email or PM'ng them instead of taking up board bandwidth. In your few posts since you've been let back I haven't seen any change in your personally insulting and sarcastic style, so I'm guessing it will be a more harmonious board if you were to do that.

BTW, I've spoken to one or two people that you've "met" that left this board specifically and only because of you. I wonder if you include them in the group of people you've met and whose opinions you care about.

Shawn
01-12-2010, 02:37 AM

Just my opinion.

What in the world did you come back for?

I think most of the people posting on this board care about each other's opinion, that's why they post here. Since you've said all you care about is the opinions of a few people you've met here, you might consider email or PM'ng them instead of taking up board bandwidth. In your few posts since you've been let back I haven't seen any change in your personally insulting and sarcastic style, so I'm guessing it will be a more harmonious board if you were to do that.

BTW, I've spoken to one or two people that you've "met" that left this board specifically and only because of you. I wonder if you include them in the group of people you've met and whose opinions you care about.

I think you either are trying to be devisive and insulting (which makes you a hyprocrite) or you misunderstood my post. I wouldn't be here if I didn't care about peoples opinions on football. I just don't care if certain people that have never met me don't like me. That was my only point.

I would also ask you not to lie. I have met 4 people from this board and all still post here. I met one for just a few minutes and got to know the three others very well. Of those three I went to two games in two seperate years with two of those guys...all three of us drove or flew in from out of state. Sounds like they hated me eh? You need them to verify my statement?

The only regrets I have about my time here is my interactions with John and Dave. John and I disagreed about how the board needed to be run and I should have shown him more respect in our final interactions. I lost a good friend in Dave...I wish we hadn't said some of the things we said. That's the closest thing that you will get to an apology and it's not to the board it's to those guys.

I'm not a perfect man nor do I claim to be. I'm opinionated and stubborn. I'm used to running things and don't always work well with authority. These are not things that I'm proud of...but that's me. If you don't like me, my style of moderating, my style of posting take it up with the owner of the site. But, I ask you to keep the drama to yourself.

steelernation77
01-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Message board drama. For real guys, give it a rest.

Should anything with this on it
:Boobs

be taken seriously?

Shawn
01-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Message board drama. For real guys, give it a rest.

Should anything with this on it
:Boobs

be taken seriously?

Agreed. And the answer is no.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Just keep an eye on this guy, his posts will speak for themselves over time.

SeanMedGuy, by your own words, you've had intense run-ins with the owner of this board, and with another member. I know at least two people left this board almost entirely because of YOU. One of them was a really nice guy. I'm guessing others also left because of you. Since you were banned, the vibe on this board has been great.

I'll back out of this now for the sake of others. If you have more to say, you can PM me. I assume ShawnMedGuy that if you have me on ignore you won't be posting in threads I've started. Really, I have not even thought of the ignore button in the slightest bit until you came back and brought it up, it just hasn't been that kind of board. What a gift you bring.

Shawn
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM

SeanMedGuy, by your own words, you've had intense run-ins with the owner of this board, and with another member. I know at least two people left this board almost entirely because of YOU. One of them was a really nice guy. I'm guessing others also left because of you. Since you were banned, the vibe on this board has been great.

I'll back out of this now for the sake of others. If you have more to say, you can PM me. I assume ShawnMedGuy that if you have me on ignore you won't be posting in threads I've started. Really, I have not even thought of the ignore button in the slightest bit until you came back and brought it up, it just hasn't been that kind of board. What a gift you bring.

I know of those that don't like your style as well. Who really cares. You shouldn't and I sure don't. I'm sure you have never had a negative interaction with a person in your life. It's hard to live up to your standard of perfection. BTW: I'm back because I was asked by a member I respect to come back.

As for "what I bring"...you seem to be the only one verbalizing a problem with me being here. You are the only one bringing drama. So settle down...have a nice cigar, play with your kids (if you have any), and realize it's just a message board. Why allow me to disturb your peace? If I'm an issue...take it up with jhansle or place me on ignore. It's really that simple. If the community wants me to leave I will do so. Guys just say the word and I will leave. Life is too short to stay where you are not wanted. If it's just you I can live with that. Have a good day.

steelernation77
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM

I know of those that don't like your style as well. Who really cares. You shouldn't and I sure don't. I'm sure you have never had a negative interaction with a person in your life. It's hard to live up to your standard of perfection. BTW: I'm back because I was asked by a member I respect to come back.

As for "what I bring"...you seem to be the only one verbalizing a problem with me being here. You are the only one bringing drama. So settle down...have a nice cigar, play with your kids (if you have any), and realize it's just a message board. Why allow me to disturb your peace? If I'm an issue...take it up with jhansle or place me on ignore. It's really that simple. If the community wants me to leave I will do so. Guys just say the word and I will leave. Life is too short to stay where you are not wanted. If it's just you I can live with that. Have a good day.

I've posted on here for a long time and I was on the Trib board for several years before that. I'm familiar with pretty much every poster here and as long as no one starts making threads titled crap like "SFL/DVSONE's yada yada yada" I don't really have a problem with anyone.

stlrz d
01-12-2010, 10:10 PM

We've had our beefs in the past...but it's just a message board. I don't care if you're here. As long as you don't go all LVG or rick on us.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/SMGmunchkinmayor.jpg

Shawn
01-12-2010, 10:35 PM
That pic always makes me laugh out loud. :lol:

stlrz d
01-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Me too. :D

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I was always partial to this one:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/rpmpit/stooges.jpg

Shawn
01-13-2010, 05:02 PM

That did take some skill. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2010, 05:26 PM

That did take some skill. :lol:

The one I did of you took considerably less skill. :wink:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SMGshining.jpg

Shawn
01-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah RB...I will have to give you a C- for that effort. :wink:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-16-2010, 10:42 PM
BMAC really looked hot tonight against New Orleans. No Pro-Bowl for him this year? He wuz robbed!

:lol: :moon :lol:

To be fair, the whole Cardinals D sucked as much today as last week.

feltdizz
01-16-2010, 10:52 PM
BMAC really looked hot tonight against New Orleans. No Pro-Bowl for him this year? He wuz robbed!

:lol: :moon :lol:

To be fair, the whole Cardinals D sucked as much today as last week.
They were actually better this week. I wouldn't put money on the Saints just yet.

hawaiiansteel
01-16-2010, 11:43 PM
[quote="Shawn"][quote="SanAntonioSteelerFan"]Just keep an eye on this guy, his posts will speak for themselves over time.

I used to post over on the Trib board also and have known Shawn for awhile now. I find him to be quite knowledgeable and informed. Do I always agree with him? No, I don't but isn't that what makes for an interesting discussion board?

birtikidis
01-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Not to try to get the thread back on track or anything, but I have watched a few Cards games this year and haven't really been all that impressed with bmac either. teams threw away from cromartie and even with an elite safety bmac hasn't been very good.
to those that think changing the scheme is a good idea... WTF are you smoking? we have one bad year (which wasn't even bad) and you guys think you know more about defense then one of the best coaches in the NFL? a guy who is going to the HOF because of the fact he's such a good coach? are you serious? injuries happen. any team who loses two of their best players on defense will have a subpar unit. regardless of scheme.

Did you think we should have changed the defensive scheme at this time last year?
didn't think so.

Oviedo
01-17-2010, 09:38 AM

I used to post over on the Trib board also and have known Shawn for awhile now. I find him to be quite knowledgeable and informed. Do I always agree with him? No, I don't but isn't that what makes for an interesting discussion board?

:Agree

No poster on this board is perfect or always right...except for me

I've learned to be very comfortable with the rest of you being wrong a lot of the time. In spite of that this is still the best board out there as long as people don't attack other posters or take their criticism if coaches or players to the personnel level there is plenty of opportunites for everyone not as smart as me. :wink:

Oviedo
01-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Not to try to get the thread back on track or anything, but I have watched a few Cards games this year and haven't really been all that impressed with bmac either. teams threw away from cromartie and even with an elite safety bmac hasn't been very good.
to those that think changing the scheme is a good idea... WTF are you smoking? we have one bad year (which wasn't even bad) and you guys think you know more about defense then one of the best coaches in the NFL? a guy who is going to the HOF because of the fact he's such a good coach? are you serious? injuries happen. any team who loses two of their best players on defense will have a subpar unit. regardless of scheme.

Did you think we should have changed the defensive scheme at this time last year?
didn't think so.

Bmac had a chance to stay here for what he signed for the Cards for. We insisted in a longer contract that his agent didn't want because he wanted to get him back into free agency as quick as possible gambling that the next CBA may be more favorable or uncapped all together. He thought he would prove he was worth more money because he got very little interest and for no way near the money he wanted. How is that plan working now? Embarassed two weeks in a row.

The Bmac love is just the normal pumping up of any player who leaves in free agency and the complaining of players we have. Some posters center their entire thesis about the Steelers on this fact because anyone who gets money via free agency is good in their mind. Well as Bmac should have proven the Cards overpaid for average.

NorthCoast
01-17-2010, 10:15 AM

didn't think so.

Bmac had a chance to stay here for what he signed for the Cards for. We insisted in a longer contract that his agent wanted because he wanted to get him back into free agency as quick as possible gambling that the next CBA may be more favorable or uncapped all together. He thought he would prove he was worth more money because he got very little interest and for no way near the money he wanted. How is that plan working now? Embarassed two weeks in a row.

The Bmac love is just the normal pumping up of any player who leaves in free agency and the complaining of players we have. Some posters center their entire thesis about the Steelers on this fact because anyone who gets money via free agency is good in their mind. Well as Bmac should have proven the Cards overpaid for average.

Simply not true. There are plenty of examples where we let players walk and no one ranted. Randle El, Joey Porter, etc... The Steelers are very good at recognizing 'core' players and retaining them. The second tier guys are the ones that have a tougher time getting the big payday from them.

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
People went nuts over Peezy leaving... He is still playing at a high level IMO. Randle El and Nate Washington were overpaid.

NJ-STEELER
01-17-2010, 02:45 PM

didn't think so.

Bmac had a chance to stay here for what he signed for the Cards for. We insisted in a longer contract that his agent didn't want because he wanted to get him back into free agency as quick as possible gambling that the next CBA may be more favorable or uncapped all together. He thought he would prove he was worth more money because he got very little interest and for no way near the money he wanted. How is that plan working now? Embarassed two weeks in a row.

whats the average salary for a starting corner.