View Full Version : Jeopardy: Dan Kreider sealing the edge for a 42 yard run

brothervad
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
What is "Things you won't hear in an Arians run offense?" Alex

:)

brothervad

DukieBoy
01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Watching former Steelers Dan Kreider (Cards) and John Kuhn (Pack) make lead blocks resulting in big running plays in this game. And they both play on "pass-happy" teams.

DukieBoy
01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
They both play FULLBACK on pass-heavy teams.

Herewegosteelers!
01-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Please bring back a REAL fullback next year Steelers! Lester, Whitman, Krieder.....someone like that!

DukieBoy
01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
And now John Kuhn pounds it in for the tieing TD.

Herewegosteelers!
01-10-2010, 08:20 PM
And OUR fullback Kuhn just scored a TD for the Pack. :evil:

DukieBoy
01-10-2010, 08:20 PM
That would be FULLBACK John Kuhn, former Steeler.

Steel Life
01-10-2010, 10:33 PM
That would be FULLBACK John Kuhn, former Steeler.
Blame that one on Cowher, who let Kuhn go.

pfelix73
01-10-2010, 10:56 PM
110% agree. We need a FB. We'll find out if Tomlin has the balls to require this on the next version of Arians offense in 2010. I would have.

:tt1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Completely ignorant question here, thanks in advance for any help:

Why do some running teams do great without a FB? Or, is that not true - are we the only team without a FB?

Thanks -

SidSmythe
01-10-2010, 11:31 PM
This pass happy garbage won't stick around forever.

It was kind of cool watching the Ravens and Jets run to victory this weekend and win w/ defense the old fashioned way.

No way do I ever wanna see a flag football game like the Az/GB game today

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 11:53 PM

It was kind of cool watching the Ravens and Jets run to victory this weekend and win w/ defense the old fashioned way.

It will stick in the regular season... this is why Peyton will have 6 MVP's and one SB trophy. All the slobbering over the pass happy teams and 3 of them were bounced rather easily.

I don't even know if the AZ game was pass happy.. just bad D all around until the last play.

stlrz d
01-11-2010, 12:23 AM

The only thing cool to watch with the Ravens is watching them lose.

:nono

skyhawk
01-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Please bring back a REAL fullback next year Steelers! Lester, Whitman, Krieder.....someone like that!

:Agree

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 01:21 AM

Next week... I hate the Pats more than all 3 AFC North teams combined. I'm so happy they got an AFCN beatdown too. No more ESPN Brady love this year. By the looks of it... NE is done without the cheat sheet.

I actually prefer Peyton lose too... Then the Rats lose another AFCCG... those things hurt.

proudpittsburgher
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM

Next week... I hate the Pats more than all 3 AFC North teams combined. I'm so happy they got an AFCN beatdown too. No more ESPN Brady love this year. By the looks of it... NE is done without the cheat sheet.

I actually prefer Peyton lose too... Then the Rats lose another AFCCG... those things hurt.

Quoted for biblical truth. Get horseface outta there. But even though this Colts team has more one and dones in the playoffs than any other powerhouse in league history, the crap never sticks to them,a nd they are always slobbered on by the national media. This really isn't hard to call a spade a spade on.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Bettis ran better with a FB and Parker ran better with a FB. But Mendenhall, coming from a spread offense at Illinois, seems to run better from a single back, 3 WR set (which is great, because our best personnel package is when we have Hines, Holmes, Wallace, Heath out there with Mendenhall). That holds true between the 20's, but in the red zone where we have been struggling (and on 3rd or 4th and short), that is where a quality blocking fullback is a benefit for any RB.

papillon
01-11-2010, 11:32 AM

It will stick in the regular season... this is why Peyton will have 6 MVP's and one SB trophy. All the slobbering over the pass happy teams and 3 of them were bounced rather easily.

I don't even know if the AZ game was pass happy.. just bad D all around until the last play.

I'm with ya about the pass happy teams being successful throughout the year but get exposed in the playoffs to a degree. This year for instance, there are so many pass happy teams in the playoffs that one of them is bound to be the champion. Vikings, Saints, Colts, Cardinals and Chargers aren't all going to lose, they could, but I doubt it happens. The Jets, Ravens and Cowboys all have good defense and stout running games, we'll see.

All of the regular season success will always get these teams as the 1 and 2 seeds and first round byes for the exact reason you stated above, over a 16 game schedule, passing a lot will win enough games to put a team in this position.

This coming weekend is going to be very interesting due to the difference in style of the matchups, except for the Cards and Saints matchup that one may exceed 100 points total.

Dallas (running and defense) vs Minnesota (leaning on Favre)
Jets (running and defense) vs Chargers (Rleaning on Rivers)
Ravens (running and defense) vs Colts (leaning on Manning)
Cardinals (pass, pass, pass) vs Saints (pass, pass, pass)

Pappy