how can you not think there's a possibility of an onside kick there

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
LOL

now that its only a 7 point game

he has his hands team out there for the kickoff

SteelAbility
01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Just pulled another knucklehead move at the end. They call timeout with 14 seconds (their last timeout) and the ball down inside the GB 20. But the ball is positioned to the right of the goal markers.

How 'bout this? Spike the ball, leaving about 11 seconds. Then take a snap, and move it to the middle of the field where your kicker has the best chance of making it, not being burdened with a diagonal kick. Let it run down to 3 seconds and call TO.

Instead Rackers pulls it and misses. Genius coaching there. :roll:

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
The field wasn't wide enough for that shank

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Just pulled another knucklehead move at the end. They call timeout with 14 seconds (their last timeout) and the ball down inside the GB 20. But the ball is positioned to the right of the goal markers.

How 'bout this? Spike the ball, leaving about 11 seconds. Then take a snap, and move it to the middle of the field where your kicker has the best chance of making it, not being burdened with a diagonal kick. Let it run down to 3 seconds and call TO.

we should have hired whiz

just look at that running game they have :D

BURGH86STEEL
01-10-2010, 09:15 PM

we should have hired whiz

just look at that running game they have :D

Whiz will have to rely on that run game next season if Warner retires. Cards will probably take a step back if that happens.

steelfin
01-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Not sure what the fascination is with the Whiz bashing threads....The reality is that his team is in the playoffs, won their first round game and will play NO next week.

What are our Steelers doing this weekend?

I am a Tomlin supporter now that he is the HC, but would have no issues with Whiz as coach. Whiz would have probably kept Ben in check more than the current staff.

Not to mention the FB would still be a prominent part of our running attack....

Arizona has struggled for a long time...went to the SB last year and they are still alive in the playoffs this year all under coach Whiz....he must really suck....

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 09:30 PM
People make fun of Whiz because his followers were talking dirty on Tomlin... And he did take the AZ job before we made a decision on HC...

I think most like and respect him but understand the Rooneys do not hire from within. It's cheaper to go with an unknown and also safer. I bet Whiz would move on much earlier then an outside guy like Tomlin would.

It does look like Whiz got caught with our weak DB syndrome.

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 09:30 PM
People make fun of Whiz because his followers were talking dirty on Tomlin... And he did take the AZ job before we made a decision on HC...

I think most like and respect him but understand the Rooneys do not hire from within. It's cheaper to go with an unknown and also safer. I bet Whiz would move on much earlier then an outside guy like Tomlin would.

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 09:31 PM

Steel Life
01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Not sure what the fascination is with the Whiz bashing threads....The reality is that his team is in the playoffs, won their first round game and will play NO next week.

I am a Tomlin supporter now that he is the HC, but would have no issues with Whiz as coach. Whiz would have probably kept Ben in check more than the current staff.

Arizona has struggled for a long time...went to the SB last year and they are still alive in the playoffs this year all under coach Whiz....he must really suck....
Agree with you on all points Fin, but remember that the Cards play in the NFC West, quite possibly the easiest division in football. Also, that despite all their firepower, they still only finished one game ahead of us & their D continues to under-perform. He's no dunce, but he ain't genius who got away either.

steelblood
01-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Whiz should have been the coach here. I think the Rooneys hire a good coach, but probably let the better coach (with a better resume) go.

Oviedo
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM

I didn't want Whiz, but I'm no hater. For the Whiz lovers though his "legend" will diminish significantly if Warner reitres at the end of the season as rumored. Warner carries that team. I love him with how he gets rid of the ball so quickly and lets receivers get yards after the catch.

stlrz d
01-11-2010, 09:45 AM

I didn't want Whiz, but I'm no hater. For the Whiz lovers though his "legend" will diminish significantly if Warner reitres at the end of the season as rumored. Warner carries that team. I love him with how he gets rid of the ball so quickly and lets receivers get yards after the catch.

That about sums it up for me. Didn't hate him, but didn't want him as HC here either. Loved him as OC though.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM

If Warner retires, then that division belongs to the Niners next season. Write it down. My stone cold lock of the year. :wink:

papillon
01-11-2010, 01:17 PM

If Warner retires, then that division belongs to the Niners next season. Write it down. My stone cold lock of the year. :wink:

It may be theirs regardless, but I can't make that a stone cold lead pipe lock. :P

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM

It may be theirs regardless, but I can't make that a stone cold lead pipe lock. :P

Pappy

Whoa...I only said stone cold lock, not stone cold lead pipe lock. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

My stone cold lead pipe lock, as always, is that Brett Favre will retire after the season and will un-retire in August after training camp is over. That's obvious. :D

aggiebones
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I think not only the Whiz snub, but many wanted Grimm too. I think that we all know now that that may have been a wrong move. No one else has knocked on his door either and that included the Skins who have hired like 10 Head Coaches in 6 years.

We know the Rooney's don't hire from within, so I never got the fascination with bringing Whiz up when Tomlin errs. It was never gonna happen which is why Whiz jumped ship to Zona immediately. Good move, but I too think his genius wanes a bit when Warner leaves. They run pretty well but have 2 good backs there. I'd like to see it when the threat of Warner is gone.

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I think not only the Whiz snub, but many wanted Grimm too. I think that we all know now that that may have been a wrong move. No one else has knocked on his door either and that included the Skins who have hired like 10 Head Coaches in 6 years.

We know the Rooney's don't hire from within, so I never got the fascination with bringing Whiz up when Tomlin errs. It was never gonna happen which is why Whiz jumped ship to Zona immediately. Good move, but I too think his genius wanes a bit when Warner leaves. They run pretty well but have 2 good backs there. I'd like to see it when the threat of Warner is gone.

They will run because Leinart sucks.. I think Whiz was a genius for going to AZ..
Take the AFC North mentality out west... look at the division too.. yeesh