PDA

View Full Version : And the Jets score their first TD

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Using that counter pitch that I like so bad and miss so much.

:cry:

SteelTorch
01-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Using that counter pitch that I like so bad and miss so much.

:cry:
But Bruce Arians is a genius! Surely he must know something we don't. :stirpot

AkronSteel
01-09-2010, 06:45 PM
uh....oh!!! Trouble brewing in Cincy!!! They look terrible and are losing the turnover battle!! Looks like it could be one and done for the Bungals!!!

Wolfhound45
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Up 14-7 and playing BRUTAL defense.

They are my sentimental favorite. Hope they win it all.

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 07:16 PM
don't want to steal reduntantman's thunder but some thoughts from the first half.

the jets are playing cool and tough. the bungles look tense.

carson is not in any kind of groove. he may yet turn it around but he's one pick 6 from going in the tank completely

penalties, penalties, penalties. gotta play smart in the playoffs marvin

rex ryan looks like he's in control and has a plan. marvin looks like he's just trying to hang on and hope there are no more mistakes

joe theismann makes a game almost unwatchable. there may be no announcer I hate more.

already thin on receivers, the bungles may have just lost another at the end of the half on a junk play just trying to run out the clock.

ochonotcatchinadamnthing........

cincy could turn this around. sanchez is still a rookie and he WILL make a mistake sooner or later - but this game will be decided by the jets defense.

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Aside from Benson, the Bengals are not looking good.

A questionable PI call gives them great FP and they totally blow it.

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 07:36 PM
forgot to add, marvin blows his wad early and is out of challenges. also, have I been hearing some booos in bungleland?

steelernation77
01-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I love Shonn Greene. I like this Jets line. I'd love to be able to run the ball like this team.

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I love Shonn Greene. I like this Jets line. I'd love to be able to run the ball like this team.

4 first rounders on that O line...they should be good.

steelernation77
01-09-2010, 07:42 PM

Well you can invest high picks on the line and have one like the Jets, or you can draft linemen late and have a line like us.

Part of it is that the Jets were so bad for a while that they drafted high enough to grab solid o-linemen.

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 07:43 PM

Well you can invest high picks on the line and have one like the Jets, or you can draft linemen late and have a line like us.

Part of it is that the Jets were so bad for a while that they drafted high enough to grab solid o-linemen.

True...and part of it is one of those first rounders got his start here. :P

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
The Bengals are done...nice run blocking there and good finish by Jones.

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Jets are showing the value of a superior Offensive Line and effective running game (even with a rookie QB and a simple passing game), and a strong Defense.

And they are doing it without record-setting WR's, without a record-setting QB, but with a good stable of RB's.

Seems I have heard of this style of football somewhere before.

steelernation77
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
[quote=steelernation77]I love Shonn Greene. I like this Jets line. I'd love to be able to run the ball like this team.

True...and part of it is one of those first rounders got his start here. :P[/quote:33fliw3h]

I hope Arians is taking notes on this team. Gosh it makes me so jealous. They are playing Steeler football better than we have in years.

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Jets are showing the value of a superior Offensive Line and effective running game (even with a rookie QB and a simple passing game), and a strong Defense.

And they are doing it without record-setting WR's, without a record-setting QB, but with a good stable of RB's.

Very true...but it is the Bengals.

They'll have a much tougher go in the next round...if they finish this off as they should.

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 07:48 PM

It always starts with the O-line. they protect your QB, allow you to control the flow of the game, control the clock and impose your will. We have drafted quite a few skill players over the last several years. I think those were good picks. Clearly though, we need some help up front.

14 point lead for the jets. let's see how cincy responds. they have about a 9.8 on the pucker scale right now....

JAR
01-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Palmer is one huge choke job. More proof they still wouldn't have beat us in 05 had he not blown a knee.

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 07:50 PM
[quote=steelernation77]I love Shonn Greene. I like this Jets line. I'd love to be able to run the ball like this team.

True...and part of it is one of those first rounders got his start here. :P[/quote:33u78fgz]

They work on it and are committed to a good strong running game. They have the Clydesdales, and also they play well together.

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 07:55 PM

Very true...but it is the Bengals.

They'll have a much tougher go in the next round...if they finish this off as they should.

I think the Jets can run effectively on the Colts and the Pats***, if they play. Not sure about the Chargers. We'll see. This one is looking real good for them now.

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't disagree Dukie...but I think a team has to be able to throw the ball too.

It's all about balance, imo. And I think we have a balanced offense...if only the OC would call the games that way.

Wolfhound45
01-09-2010, 07:57 PM
ochonotcatchinadamnthing........

:P

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't disagree Dukie...but I think a team has to be able to throw the ball too.

It's all about balance, imo. And I think we have a balanced offense...if only the OC would call the games that way.

Agreed that not enough balance could get them out.

When does Ochostinko become Johnson again? Didn't he make some promises about that based on his performance against Revis (who looks like he's channeling Mel Blount).

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM

When does Ochostinko become Johnson again? Didn't he make some promises about that based on his performance against Revis (who looks like he's channeling Mel Blount).

He said the last game didn't count.

I saw this exchange on the ESPN AFCN blog:

Poster 1: Where is Ocho?

Poster 2: Downloading the "Escape From Revis Island" app for his iPhone.

:D

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
[quote="stlrz d":249ne90y]I don't disagree Dukie...but I think a team has to be able to throw the ball too.

He said the last game didn't count.

I saw this exchange on the ESPN AFCN blog:

Poster 1: Where is Ocho?

Poster 2: Downloading the "Escape From Revis Island" app for his iPhone.

:D[/quote:249ne90y]

grotonsteel
01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
No prevent D by Jets....Maybe Steelers D can learn a few things from Rex Ryan....

They are blitzing the hell out of Palmer...No wonder Jets will hold on to the 10 pt lead...

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
No prevent D by Jets....Maybe Steelers D can learn a few things from Rex Ryan....

They are blitzing the hell out of Palmer...No wonder Jets will hold on to the 10 pt lead...

:Agree

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 08:23 PM
jets need to keep their composure here.....

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 08:25 PM

I don't know how that defender is supposed to stop there. If he lets up the WR keeps going up the sideline.

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM
OMG...my kicker misses two very make-able FGs....

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM
HE MISSED IT!!!!!!! LMAO.......

hope we don't cut skippy now. Bungles would sign him tomorrow.....

SteelTorch
01-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I hate to sound like a whiny Bengals fan, but Cincy is getting some pretty questionable calls. An iffy pass interference call followed by a very questionable unnecessary roughness call put the Bengals in great field position. Thank God Shayne Graham is sucking tonight, otherwise this game could be very different.

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:28 PM

I don't know how that defender is supposed to stop there. If he lets up the WR keeps going up the sideline.

I'd like to see that rule adjusted; one step OB is not enough.

Reminds me of Jack Lambert clothelining Brian Sipe about 3 yds OB and cooling him, one of the memorable plays in Steelers history.

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Reminds me of Jack Lambert clothelining Brian Sipe about 3 yds OB and cooling him, one of the memorable plays in Steelers history.

i rewound that play 3 times. the DB clearly had position and the receiver ran into him, pushed off and finished the route. It was a terrible call.

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Ocho will get some yards against the prevent and proclaim his greatness.

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM

i rewound that play 3 times. the DB clearly had position and the receiver ran into him, pushed off and finished the route. It was a terrible call.

We were talking about the personal foul on the sideline...which is what I thought you were talking about in your OP about composure.

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Ocho will get some yards against the prevent and proclaim his greatness.

he'll find some reason not to change his name. count on it.....

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
[quote=Starlifter]jets need to keep their composure here.....

We were talking about the personal foul on the sideline...which is what I thought you were talking about in your OP about composure.[/quote:3snnt8ti]

I was, but i thought the penalty on 3rd and ten was a terrible call. there's a lot here to comment on!!!

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Bengals miss Whosyourmama.

SteelTorch
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, stick a fork in 'em, the Bungles are done. :)

By the way, the commentating on this game was just terrible. No feeling at all.

Steelgal
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
How in the hell did this Bengals team beat us twice...............

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I was, but i thought the penalty on 3rd and ten was a terrible call. there's a lot here to comment on!!!

See, I actually thought that one was a good call. :D

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I have enjoyed watching this game immensely. I'm too spun up during steeler games to comment play by play, this was fun. does anyone have that stat on how many days since the bungles last won a playoff game? I have some serious smack talking to begin shortly to folks in cincy whom i work with.....

grotonsteel
01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
One and Done....Bungles will be Bungles....

Starlifter
01-09-2010, 08:38 PM
enjoy those AFC north t-shirts boys........

Steelgal
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I have enjoyed watching this game immensely. I'm too spun up during steeler games to comment play by play, this was fun. does anyone have that stat on how many days since the bungles last won a playoff game? I have some serious smack talking to begin shortly to folks in cincy whom i work with.....

I don't have the number of days, but they commented that the Bengals hold the record for the longest drought between playoff wins. I think they said they're last win was in 1991 or 1994???

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
"They are who we thought they are"

Then again, we were not who we thought we were.

Wolfhound45
01-09-2010, 08:41 PM

Two words.

De - fense.

Ours did not come to play.

Wolfhound45
01-09-2010, 08:47 PM

Don't forget those sweet hats as well...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RH3TEiWwL._SS500_.jpg

:wink:

grotonsteel
01-09-2010, 08:48 PM

Don't forget those sweet hats as well...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RH3TEiWwL._SS500_.jpg

:wink:

:lol:

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:49 PM
"HARD KNOCKS"

Wolfhound45
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Seriously, Jom is a class act, a very good Bengals fan. That is the only reason I feel bad about the Bengals being bounced in the FIRST ROUND again.

DukieBoy
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Seriously, Jom is a class act, a very good Bengals fan. That is the only reason I feel bad about the Bengals being bounced in the FIRST ROUND again.
:Agree

Wolfhound45
01-09-2010, 08:55 PM
"HARD KNOCKS"

[youtube:1w8qs5xq]CBEQYnpFrcU[/youtube:1w8qs5xq]

Steelgal
01-09-2010, 09:07 PM

I also agree.. But to me it's how they lost that makes it worse. It's one thing to go out, play a great game and just get outmatched. To lose is bad enough, but to lose when you played as poorly as they did makes it ache that much harder.

papillon
01-09-2010, 11:49 PM

The Steelers were an average team this year. Too many mind numbing mistakes and too few big plays when needed. It doesn't take much to lose a game in the NFL.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 11:57 PM

The Steelers were an average team this year. Too many mind numbing mistakes and too few big plays when needed. It doesn't take much to lose a game in the NFL.

Pappy

Sure it does - remember how hard we tried, unsuccessfully, in the 2nd Ravens game? :wink:

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 01:56 AM

Pappy

Sure it does - remember how hard we tried, unsuccessfully, in the 2nd Ravens game? :wink:
:Clap