PDA

View Full Version : Jets picked to win SB

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-08-2010, 10:04 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3222 ... redictions (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/322260-2010-nfl-playoff-predictions)

Senior Analyst Written on January 08, 2010
Rackmultipart

For our playoff preview, we have simulated the 2010 NFL playoffs 10,001 times. The odds for each team winning each round are presented below.

All of our NFL content, including our most recent power rankings and previous weeks' picks and fantasy projections, is located here .

The inputs to the 10,001 simulations of each upcoming game are based on a rigorous analysis of each team that considers strength-of-schedule-adjusted team and player ratings and then makes modifications for injuries and depth at each position.

2010 NFL Playoffs (Winning Percentages from 10,001 simulations)
Team WC Win % DIV Win % CC Win % SB Win %
New York Jets 68.0% 43.8% 29.0% 15.9%
New Orleans Saints - 59.5% 27.6% 14.6%
Minnesota Vikings - 50.3% 27.1% 14.0%
Dallas Cowboys 63.0% 36.3% 24.4% 13.7%
Baltimore Ravens 59.1% 36.3% 18.1% 9.7%
San Diego Chargers - 43.5% 19.0% 7.0%
Indianapolis Colts - 39.0% 17.0% 6.6%
Philadelphia Eagles 37.0% 19.1% 9.4% 6.2%
Green Bay Packers 65.2% 26.6% 10.0% 4.2%
New England Patriots 40.9% 20.9% 8.7% 3.8%
Cincinnati Bengals 32.0% 16.7% 8.3% 3.7%
Arizona Cardinals 34.8% 8.2% 1.6% 0.6%

Does Rex Ryan use WhatIfSports.com?

On Wednesday, the New York Jets coach said his team should be favorites to win the Super Bowl.

After running the playoffs 10,001 times, the computers at WhatIfSports.com have obliged.

Many NFL fans believe the Jets backed their way into the playoffs, only getting in thanks to late-season victories over backup players from the Indianapolis Colts and Cincinnati Bengals, who had already sealed their playoff fates.

But now that New York is in, their vaunted defense and impressive numbers on both sides of the ball make them favorites to win the Super Bowl. They advanced through the playoffs to win it all 15.88 percent of the time, more than one percentage point higher than the New Orleans Saints.

For the Jets to pull off what many others consider an improbable run, they'll have to live by the adage that defense wins championships. New York is second to none on that side of the ball.

The Jets boast the best passing defense in the league. They give up just 5.4 yards per pass attempt. That's more than half a yard better than the Buffalo Bills and nearly a yard better than their closest playoff foe, the Indianapolis Colts, in that category.

New York isn't far behind in terms of rushing defense. They ranked fourth in the league, allowing just 3.8 yards per carry, 0.4 ypc behind the Baltimore Ravens.

Thus, in terms of yards allowed per play, the Jets defense winds up on top by far. They gave up just 4.2 yards per play, a full 0.6 yards ahead of the second-place Green Bay Packers and at least a full yard better than two-thirds of the league.

Offensively, New York boasts a number that the computer likes as well. Behind Thomas Jones, the Jets rank fifth overall in rushing and third amongst playoff teams at 4.5 yards per carry.

But a 17th-ranked offense in terms of passing yards per attempt drops them all the way outside the top 20 in terms of offensive yards per play.

The obvious wild card comes with rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez. A first-year signal-caller is capable of completely muddling up even the strongest of numbers. That was clearly the case as the Jets nearly missed out on the playoffs altogether.

Now that they're there, the numbers would signify that they could be the top contender.

The Jets beat the Bengals 68 percent of the time in this weekend's Wild Card matchup, advance to the AFC Championship 43.8 percent of the time, make the Super Bowl 29 percent of the time, and win it all at a 15.88 percent rate.

NFC Provides Top Contenders

Outside of the Jets, three other teams win the Super Bowl more than 13 percent of the time in 10,001 simulations, and they all come from the NFC.

The second favorite couldn't be much more opposite from the Jets. The Saints, top seed in the conference, hardly had to find a way into the playoffs. They even rested quarterback Drew Brees and their starters on the final weekend of the season.

More than that, they're opposite in terms of the numbers as well. The Saints boast the top offense in the NFL, picking up more than six yards per play.

They also have the third-ranked passing offense, gaining 8.3 yards per attempt and are tied for fifth with 4.5 yards per carry on the ground.

While the Jets have the top-ranked defense, the Saints rank just 21st in yards given up per play.

Still, while their route would be different, New Orleans comes in as the second favorite. They advance to the NFC Championship game 59.5 percent of the time, make the Super Bowl at a 27.6 percent clip and win it all 14.59 percent of the time.

The Saints should see nearly equal challenges in the NFC race from the Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys. Both teams provide more of a balanced approach in terms of numbers on each side of the ball.

The Vikings, behind quarterback Brett Favre, rank 10th in the league at 5.8 yards per play on offense and 14th on defense at 5.2 yards per play. Minnesota makes the Super Bowl just over 27 percent of the time and wins it 13.99 percent of the time.

Dallas, coming off its first successful December in recent memory thanks to the play of quarterback Tony Romo, tied the Saints in offense at 6.3 yards per game during the regular season.

But the Cowboys rank 12th defensively, giving up 5.2 yards per play. They win the Super Bowl just 0.33 percent less of the time than the Vikings despite having to advance through the Wild Card Round.

The rest of the NFC—which wins the Super Bowl more than 53 percent of the time—faces a tall task.

The Philadelphia Eagles slipped to the sixth seed in the NFC and win it all 6.19 percent of the time. The Green Bay Packers make the Super Bowl more frequently at 10 percent, but win it at just a 4.2 percent clip.

The Arizona Cardinals, who made the league's final showdown a year ago, make it back just 1.6 percent of the time, the lowest of any playoff team.

AFC's Murky Picture

Outside of the Jets being the prohibitive favorite in the AFC, the picture is much less clear behind them.

The Baltimore Ravens, the other wild-card team, actually have the second-best chance to win the Super Bowl for the AFC.

They boast the third-best defense in the NFL, giving up just 4.9 yards per play. They also have the fourth-best rushing attack in terms of yards per play, but rank just 14th in overall offense.

Baltimore's biggest hurdle on paper may come right away this weekend as they draw the Patriots in the Wild Card Round. The Ravens advance more than 59 percent of the time, making the Super Bowl 18 percent of the time and win it at a 9.69 percent clip.

Then come the AFC teams with first-round byes—the Colts and San Diego Chargers.

San Diego coasted into the playoffs. They continue their winning streak and roll all the way to a world championship 7.09 percent of the time thanks to the fourth-best offense and 16th best defense in terms of yards per play.

Indianapolis threw away the shot at a 19-0 season in Week 16, resting its starters for much of its last two games. Perhaps they lost momentum towards the finish line.

The Colts have the eighth-best defense and third best offense in terms of yards per play. They advance to the Super Bowl 17 percent of the time, but win it just 6.59 percent.

The Wes Welker-less Patriots win it just 3.8 percent of the time, while the Cincinnati Bengals are the biggest underdogs of the AFC, winning the Super Bowl at just a 3.7 percent rate.

And it would take much more than a plea from Marvin Lewis to get the computer to change its mind.

WhatIfSports.com is a division of FOX Sports Interactive specializing in fantasy football simulation analysis and football sim games. With any comments, questions or topic suggestions, we can be reached at BtB@whatifsports.com. Thanks!

Hey, I just report it! (Signed, DW).

They do have the best defense in the league (how did that happen - that's for us to be!), and the 4th best running attack in the league. And the best yards-per-play allowed in the league :wft

I kind of would like them to beat all those AFC teams I've spent years learning to ahem, not like. And they HAVE been waiting a while for a repeat (1969 - Beatles were still together, and men hadn't walked on the moon yet).

Wouldn't that be cool?

proudpittsburgher
01-09-2010, 07:24 AM
It would be kinda funny if a team, who backed into the playoffs with wins over two teams who had little to nothing to play for, would win it all.

BURGH86STEEL
01-09-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't think it will happen unless they get improved play from their passing game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't think it will happen unless they get improved play from their passing game.

I think you're probably right, but there's always the possibility they will wind up being like the Ravens in 2000 (right year?).

Sugar
01-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Well, we'll see if they can get past the mighty Bengals tonight.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Jets win, I like the coach well enough and their approach to football. Of course, poetic justice would be the Jets getting the Vikings in the SB and Favre getting pick-sixed in the final minute to lose the game.

SteelerNation1
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM

I think you're probably right, but there's always the possibility they will wind up being like the Ravens in 2000 (right year?).
The Jets D is way overrated. They fold like a house of cards when the game is on the line...see Atlanta 3 weeks ago

pfelix73
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
For hypothetical sake here, I wonder what the Steelers would show in this report IF they were included in it instead of say the Ravens...???

BURGH86STEEL
01-09-2010, 04:20 PM

We know that 2000 Ravens defense was great. The 2000 Ravens offense made plays in the passing game in the playoffs and SB. Same can be said for the Steelers SB runs in 05 and 08. Is Sanchez ready to step up and make those plays? I don't think the Jets coaching staff has that kind of confidence in him yet.

feltdizz
01-09-2010, 04:51 PM
For hypothetical sake here, I wonder what the Steelers would show in this report IF they were included in it instead of say the Ravens...???
This simulation seems to be very D heavy if the Jets keep coming out on top... Their O sucks.. Gotta play the game though...

frankthetank1
01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
This simulation seems to be very D heavy if the Jets keep coming out on top... Their O sucks.. Gotta play the game though...

they were the number one team in rushing this season, its not the o that sucks its dirty sanchez that sucks. how do you barely get in the playoffs when you are the best running team in the league and have a top 5 defense? their wr's suck too but its mostly sanchez. edwards has to be one of the worst #1 wr in the nfl with. i dont think their defense is overated but revis is their secondary and they dont get all that many sacks. they are good against the run though. if you think the jets might have a chance to win the sb i reccomend placing a small bet. they have the worst odds of any team. last night i put 2 bucks on the bungles to win the sb to win $64. here we go bungles here we go :lol: :lol: :lol:

skyhawk
01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
This is just silly.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 06:32 PM
7-7, 1st half. Cinci out of challenges for the game.

Not silly yet!

Shoe
01-09-2010, 06:38 PM
That was much too long to read (not trying to be a jerk). Can someone gimme the jist of it?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Jets ahead 14-7. TD pass by Sanchez.

One pic in the game. Thrown by Palmer, not Sanchez!

Let's go Jets!

(Sorry, Jom)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Just heard Bart Scott's number called - he is a Jet!

Hines chased him right out of the AFC North :lol: :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
21-7 Jets! Thomas Jones with a run.

pfelix73
01-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Faneca having a good game- guess he isn't washed up like some on this forum used to say.... He's still the best G in the biz.

:tt1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Jets ahead by 10, about 4 minutes to go. (24-14).

Bengals kicker has missed 2 FGs from within 35 yards. He's pulling a Skippy-in-Chicago!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, I wonder if they can beat Ravens or NE*. I'd think they could. Sanchez played within himself tonight, and I think that's all they need to keep on going.

Wolfhound45
01-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I think that the Jets can beat either the Ravens or the Patriots* because of their familiarity with both. Not sure how they will handle either the Colts or Chargers.

Sugar
01-09-2010, 09:13 PM
One down...

feltdizz
01-09-2010, 09:16 PM

they were the number one team in rushing this season, its not the o that sucks its dirty sanchez that sucks. how do you barely get in the playoffs when you are the best running team in the league and have a top 5 defense? their wr's suck too but its mostly sanchez. edwards has to be one of the worst #1 wr in the nfl with. i dont think their defense is overated but revis is their secondary and they dont get all that many sacks. they are good against the run though. if you think the jets might have a chance to win the sb i reccomend placing a small bet. they have the worst odds of any team. last night i put 2 bucks on the bungles to win the sb to win $64. here we go bungles here we go :lol: :lol: :lol:

why the hell did you bet on the bungles? I wouldn't bet on either team with someone elses money. Jets D is not over rated... They just blitz heavy so they do give up some nice gains if you guess right. The passing D is on point.

SteelAbility
01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Sanchez had a great game. 12.1 YPA. Very efficient. I heard something about his having no (or one?) picks in the last 5 games.

Poetic justice is lining up. Colts let the Jets into the playoffs. If NE beats BAL then the Jets go to IND. Wasn't it the Jets over the Colts in that colossal upset some 40 odd years ago? Jets over the Colts after the Colts played to let them in?????

Then, of course, the whole Brett Favre thing, too. ;)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Sanchez had a great game. 12.1 YPA. Very efficient. I heard something about his having no (or one?) picks in the last 5 games.

Poetic justice is lining up. Colts let the Jets into the playoffs. If NE beats BAL then the Jets go to IND. Wasn't it the Jets over the Colts in that colossal upset some 40 odd years ago? Jets over the Colts after the Colts played to let them in?????

Yup, zero pics for Sanchez.

And yup - Jets over Colts, Superbowl III, 1969.

GO JETS!

SteelAbility
01-09-2010, 11:14 PM

GO JETS!

There's a bit of a dilemma. If the Jets win the SB there are some serious Mark Sanchez bragging rights. ;)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-10-2010, 12:31 AM

GO JETS!

There's a bit of a dilemma. If the Jets win the SB there are some serious Mark Sanchez bragging rights. ;)

If we're not at the dance, I'm OK with a young rook doing well in the post-season. Especially if he's on a team that's not challenging us for total # of SB trophies, (or in the AFC North, of course)!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Jets trying to stay strong. Just returned the favor and picked off Rivers. 7-3 Bolts late in the 3rd. I'm hoping they pull it out somehow!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
RIvers last two throws - two interceptions.

AkronSteel
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Jets are about to get em!!! I hope they go all the way and win the Bowl!!! Thats the only way I will be happy with this playoff season!! There hasn't been one good game yet except the one that we are watching now!!! I know that Cardinals/Packers was close but it was like Arena Football!!! This has been a terrible post season competitive wise!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:(

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM
This Jets D is gangster... They remind me of our D when it's clicking. Pressure... and more pressure. Rivers looks like he usually does under pressure and Sanchez is rough but he made a 3rd down TD pass..

BURGH86STEEL
01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Could be curtains for the Chargers.

AkronSteel
01-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks like the Chargers are about done!!! Typical Norv Turner.....gotta love it!!! I've been saying all year that the Chargers weren't that good, now everyone is seeing it!!! Can't stop the run you can't win the Super Bowl, plus they cannot run the ball!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Wide right!!!! Kayding misses 40 yrd FG attempt. Jets up 17-7, about 4 minutes to go.

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Looks like the Chargers are about done!!! Typical Norv Turner.....gotta love it!!! I've been saying all year that the Chargers weren't that good, now everyone is seeing it!!! Can't stop the run you can't win the Super Bowl, plus they cannot run the ball!!!
Is LT playing today? Haven't heard his name. We did put up a ton of points in a hurry on the Chargers D. Rivers has a lot of Palmer tendencies in the playoffs... Jets D is tight though

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Not over yet. AFC always good for a close game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Jets win!!

I like that a team that emphasizes D wins. Wonder if they'll rattle Peyton next week ...

Shoe
01-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Jets win!!

I like that a team that emphasizes D wins. Wonder if they'll rattle Peyton next week ...

Blitzing Peyton Manning is a difficult proposition.

winwithd
01-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I haven't seen much of the Jets but from what I hear it sounds like they win with "Steeler football" - a strong running game and great defense. Meanwhile we are throwing the ball all over the place and not stopping people in the 4th quarter. The one announcer on the radio today, when the Jets were behind 7-3 at the half I think, made a comment about the Jets being happy to stay close and continue to pound away at the running game. It would be nice to once again see us wear a team down and be able to pound it down their throats in the 4th quarter.

Is the Jets success running due to having so many first round picks on the line? Aren't there at least three? Is that where we are missing it? Should we have kept Faneca?

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I haven't seen much of the Jets but from what I hear it sounds like they win with "Steeler football" - a strong running game and great defense. Meanwhile we are throwing the ball all over the place and not stopping people in the 4th quarter. The one announcer on the radio today, when the Jets were behind 7-3 at the half I think, made a comment about the Jets being happy to stay close and continue to pound away at the running game. It would be nice to once again see us wear a team down and be able to pound it down their throats in the 4th quarter.

Is the Jets success running due to having so many first round picks on the line? Aren't there at least three? Is that where we are missing it? Should we have kept Faneca?

I'm more jealous of the blitzing high pressure D the Jets have....

I think the Jets are successful at running the ball because they do it 45 times a game. I think they run less as Sanchez improves.. They definitely remind me of 2004 Steeler football.

AngryAsian
01-18-2010, 04:53 AM

I think the Jets are successful at running the ball because they do it 45 times a game. I think they run less as Sanchez improves.. They definitely remind me of 2004 Steeler football.

Number in the league this season at running the ball..... let's see, relentless blitzing D, smashmouth running game and a QB with modest "ball managing" numbers.... hmmm wonder what team that reminds me of? :?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Number in the league this season at running the ball..... let's see, relentless blitzing D, smashmouth running game and a QB with modest "ball managing" numbers.... hmmm wonder what team that reminds me of? :?

:Agree AA, I like the Jets for several reasons, for one they remind me of a young hungry Steelers.

Does anyone here give them a chance to beat Indy?

I think of our beating them in 2005, and maybe the Jets D is as good as ours was then (I don't think so, but I'm willing to accept that for the point of discussion) - BUT, I don't think Sanchez is as good by any stretch of the imagination as Ben was that game. Ben was "ON FIYAHHH" as I recall.

But I do hope they win against the Colts. It'll be nice to watch the announcers have to choke on their own Slobberfestus Interruptus.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Here we go!

I started this thread before the Jets were supposed to lose to the Bengals (sorry, Jom). Then before they were supposed to lose to the Dolts.

Now they're playing the mighty Colts. Supposed to lose big time. 28% chance of winning by some people's calculus.

But - maybe they can do this! Maybe they will take down the MIGHTY GODLIKE MANNING!

I'm pulling for them.

NO MORE SLOPPERFEST NON-INTERRUPTUS!! (Announcers relationship with Manning).

Kickoff in 1 minute!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Halfway through the 1st qrtr. Manning sacked twice (actually, basically took a dive so he wouldn't get his hair out of place with a real sack). Bunches of 3-and-outs.

If Jets stay close till the 4th qrtr, anything can happen.

Hope they can do it ... !

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 04:48 PM
80 yd rainbow pass to Braylon Edwards ... TD ... 7-3 J-E-T-S!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
FG Dolts, 7-6.

Then fake wildcat by the Jets - 40-50yd long pass completion. Sanchez eludes a 20 yard sack, then TD pass JETS!!! 14-6!

papillon
01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
All because the Jets can run the football and no other reason. If they were dropping back and just passing the ball the Colts would have 4 or 5 sacks already. The fact that they can run the ball is giving Sanchez enough time to get rid of the ball. I don't think the Jets will be able to hang on and win the game, but the effects of a strong running game are very evident.

Rushing the ball and defense will still win you a lot of games and keep you in games that you shouldn't be in.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 05:42 PM
At the half Cowher is saying ... "The Jets need to pound the ball now, run - run - run ...".

He's reliving his glory days, when he had the Bus!

papillon
01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
At the half Cowher is saying ... "The Jets need to pound the ball now, run - run - run ...".

He's reliving his glory days, when he had the Bus!

He understands the effects of running the ball early have late in a game. If Manning and the Colts can't a 10 point lead by the fourth quarter they stand a chance of losing this game. Rex Ryan will not stop running the ball if the game is close enough. Late in the game Jones and Greene could be getting large sums of yardage on the ground.

If Manning and the offense can get a 10 point lead or more the Jets will have to alter their game plan and will ultimately lose the game. If they can stay with their game plan this game will go down to the wire.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I kind of have this feeling that the football gods allocated a limited number of "magic" plays to the Jets today, and instead of using them to pull out a win at the end of the 4th qrtr, they've used them already (fake wildcat run for a 50 yd pass; Manning fumble recovery for points; two pressured but awesome passes by Sanchez).

Though they're ahead as the 3rd qrtr starts, I think it's going to be very tough sledding for these young guys.

But - go JETS!

feltdizz
01-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I merged :D

Dirty Sanchez is having a good game.

papillon
01-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope the NFL considers some slight modifications to eliminate the ability to just drop back at will and throw the ball. The Colts aren't even trying to run the ball and the Jets only want to run the ball; the game is getting boring now. There's absolutely no balance to either offense and that sucks for viewing when you don't have a vested interest.

Pappy

feltdizz
01-24-2010, 06:05 PM
This is why the run vs pass debate will never die.

Peyton Manning is a problem when he is in rhythme.

Tuis game has been entertaining... not a lot of flags.

BURGH86STEEL
01-24-2010, 06:12 PM
I hope the NFL considers some slight modifications to eliminate the ability to just drop back at will and throw the ball. The Colts aren't even trying to run the ball and the Jets only want to run the ball; the game is getting boring now. There's absolutely no balance to either offense and that sucks for viewing when you don't have a vested interest.

Pappy

Not trying to bust your balls but are you serious about eliminating team's ability to do what they do best? It is bad enough they try to regulate so much about games now.

I think the game is entertaining. It is a close game where a play here or there might be the difference.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Huge 3rd down stop by the Jets. The Colts have big Mo now. Unless the Jets do something soon, it could be curtains.

BURGH86STEEL
01-24-2010, 06:18 PM
This is why the run vs pass debate will never die.

Peyton Manning is a problem when he is in rhythme.

Tuis game has been entertaining... not a lot of flags.

Run vs pass boils down to philosophy. It really helps to have a good passing game teams fall behind or they need a game winning drive. It helps to have a solid run game if teams can build a big lead or trying to run out the clock. Very few teams can do both well consistently.

They need to work on the defensive issues regardless of the offensive philosophy. This team can win with less then stellar offense. They can't win without defense. That can probably be said for every team around the league.

feltdizz
01-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Manning is in a zone. Eli didn't look happy after that last TD. LOL.

Jets have to pass if they want to get back in this.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Manning is in a zone. Eli didn't look happy after that last TD. LOL.

Jets have to pass if they want to get back in this.

That's their worst nightmare. Bye-bye Jets.

feltdizz
01-24-2010, 06:59 PM
So.... This is the second year in a row a run heavy team has made the AFCCG only to be defeated by a pass heavy team. 3rd time in 6 years a rookie QB has rushed his way to an AFC game as well. Sanchez has been pretty good today given the stats. Jets could be a problem for a while...

feltdizz
01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
As soon as a hit submit he throws a pick :D

NJ-STEELER
01-24-2010, 07:09 PM
the thing i didn't get about this game is how many jets fans (90%) and media members were picking them to win.

i'm comparing it to the 04 year when we went into INDY. it was hard to find any national media (cept for maybe hoge) that picked us and i know our fans were wary of the colts.

all around the metro area there was this confidence that the jets would win it. no questions about it

comparing our 04 run with theirs. we had the better D, the better QB (bens 2nd year) just as good of a run game and just as good a colts team to face. one could say this years colts have won a championship, making them the better team now then in 04.

But, there weren't many of these "experts" picking the steelers in that game

i cant get over how cocky the JET fans were

BURGH86STEEL
01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
the thing i didn't get about this game is how many jets fans (90%) and media members were picking them to win.

i'm comparing it to the 04 year when we went into INDY. it was hard to find any national media (cept for maybe hoge) that picked us and i know our fans were wary of the colts.

all around the metro area there was this confidence that the jets would win it. no questions about it

comparing our 04 run with theirs. we had the better D, the better QB (bens 2nd year) just as good of a run game and just as good a colts team to face. one could say this years colts have won a championship, making them the better team now then in 04.

But, there weren't many of these "experts" picking the steelers in that game

i cant get over how cocky the JET fans were

I heard Jets fans were pretty cocky. I guess Rex rubbed off on those fans.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey, it's the fans job to be cocky!