PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace gets 1 Offensive RoY award vote

SteelCrazy
01-07-2010, 09:51 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8158aa40&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

proudpittsburgher
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't necessarily disagree with Harvin winning it all. But for Wallace and Moreno to only get a vote a piece is idiotic, and it appears that Oher only got the votes he did because of the movie.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, everyone else who received votes was a first round pick. Wallace was a third round pick. Not bad...

Jom112
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't necessarily disagree with Harvin winning it all. But for Wallace and Moreno to only get a vote a piece is idiotic, and it appears that Oher only got the votes he did because of the movie.

He gives up a sack and a couple of QB pressures to Jared Allen and the critics respond with "He had a great game".

He did have a good rookie season and better than I think most expected but he's not an All Pro already like people are making him out to be...

proudpittsburgher
01-07-2010, 12:40 PM

He gives up a sack and a couple of QB pressures to Jared Allen and the critics respond with "He had a great game".

He did have a good rookie season and better than I think most expected but he's not all all pro already like people are making him out to be...

He didn't have a very good game against Pittsburgh the first time out either . . . like I said, I don't mind him on the list, but to put him avove everyone not named Percy Harvin is just wrong.

steelblood
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
I disagree about Oher. I think he deserved the votes. Now, he certainly benefited from the attention he received, but he was a very strong run blocker as a rookie. He moved to LT when Gaither went down. For a late 1st round pick to come in and play very well at RT and then switch to LT and play well is pretty special. Wallace had a great year, but I believe the correct players came in #1 and #2.