PDA

View Full Version : Cribbs insulted with Browns offer--cleans out locker

kindlecatsb'ng
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-cribbs&prov=ap&type=lgns)

If this was posted somewhere already, please forgive me.

He would be GREAT in black & gold!

I just got home after working 14 hrs and will tune into the 11 PM news to see their updates on this situation.

Looking forward to #7 in 2010-2011!

:tt2

Shoe
01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-cribbs&prov=ap&type=lgns

If this was posted somewhere already, please forgive me.

He would be GREAT in black & gold!

I just got home after working 14 hrs and will tune into the 11 PM news to see their updates on this situation.

Looking forward to #7 in 2010-2011!

:tt2

"$1.4 million per year they offered"

Did I read that right? $1.4 million offer to Josh Cribbs is a slap in the face. Come to the black & gold Josh, and pay them back in spades!

Sugar
01-06-2010, 10:30 PM
We could trade Stephan Logan to them.

isonator07
01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
We could trade Stephan Logan to them.

Here we go....Arians straight up for Cribbs. I guess we could throw in a 7th rd pick too.

Sugar
01-06-2010, 10:49 PM
BTW- aren't all the Browns cleaning out their lockers now? Heck, aren't all the players that aren't in the playoffs cleaning out their lockers?

Just sayin'

Slapstick
01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Joshua Cribbs' last four games for the Browns:

11 KO returns - 379 yards - 34.5 avg - 2 TDs
13 Punt returns - 136 yards - 10.5 avg - 0 TDs
21 rushes - 163 yards - 7.7 avg - 1 TD

So, he touches the ball 10-11 times per game and averages a 15 yard gain every time he touches it...

I realize that much of that is all-purpose yards, but field position is critically important...also, a KO return TD counts just the same as an offensive TD...just ask the Steelers...

grotonsteel
01-07-2010, 12:28 AM
It will be awesome news if he either join Steelers or move out of AFC North Div.

He had Steelers number.

fordfixer
01-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Cribbs has three years remaining on a six-year, $6.77 million deal.

He should shut his mouth and finish his contract IMO

steelernation77
01-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Cribbs has three years remaining on a six-year, $6.77 million deal.

He should shut his mouth and finish his contract IMO

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed. The Browns could cut him at any time. I don't blame him for complaining when he's being paid much less than his market value.

steelsnis
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
NFL contracts aren't guaranteed. The Browns could cut him at any time. I don't blame him for complaining when he's being paid much less than his market value.

100% agree with this :Clap

That's why i never have a problem with guys trying to get their money in the NFL. Their careers are so short and can end at any given moment on the field. If they want to renegotiate, more power to 'em. The Browns could cut Cribbs tomorrow and not owe him anything but the signing bonus. A multi-year contract in the NFL ain't worth much.

Bring him to the 'Burgh! He was teammates with Harrison at Kent, could be a happy reunion.

ANPSTEEL
01-07-2010, 12:05 PM

That's why i never have a problem with guys trying to get their money in the NFL. Their careers are so short and can end at any given moment on the field. If they want to renegotiate, more power to 'em. The Browns could cut Cribbs tomorrow and not owe him anything but the signing bonus. A multi-year contract in the NFL ain't worth much.

Bring him to the 'Burgh! He was teammates with Harrison at Kent, could be a happy reunion.

ditto-

the only caveat I have with this is, if Cribbs where the one cancer in an otherwise unified, and successful, locker-room- I'd say "F him".... but that whole situation has got to suck- so I afford him extra leeway.

Plus, Josh Cribbs playing anywhere but the AFC North- would be wonderful news. Josh Cribbs playing on the Steelers- would be that much more fantastic!!

wooooooooooooooo frikin hoooooooooo

lastly, I wonder if he can play center?

JTP53609
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM

ditto-

the only caveat I have with this is, if Cribbs where the one cancer in an otherwise unified, and successful, locker-room- I'd say "F him".... but that whole situation has got to suck- so I afford him extra leeway.

Plus, Josh Cribbs playing anywhere but the AFC North- would be wonderful news. Josh Cribbs playing on the Steelers- would be that much more fantastic!!

or defensive back...

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM

ditto-

or defensive back...

If MJG is going to retire "That is an excellent mock draft!" and replace it with "That is truly a well thought out mock draft that merits praise and compliments!" then perhaps it is time that we retire "Can he play center?" as well and replace it with "Can he play corner?" It is more relevant to the personnel situation that we face in 2010 as opposed to 2008, and "center" and "corner" are both 6 letter words that start with "c" and end with "er" so the statements look aestetically similar anyway. Deal?