PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Dawson made the final 15!

stlrz d
01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
The NFL is set to release the name of the 15 finalists for the pro football HoF on Friday.

Steve Hartman of Fox Sports Radio got his hands on the list (from what he said was an inside source) and Dirt is on the list of 15!

Rumor has it if he makes the cut he'll go in as a Steeler. Yeah he never played for any other pro football teams, but that's besides the point, right? :lol:

SteelerNation1
01-06-2010, 10:01 PM
LeBeau and Dirt. That would be awesome!

stlrz d
01-06-2010, 10:03 PM
LeBeau and Dirt. That would be awesome!

LeBeau is on the list too, but it's the veterans committee list. Dawson is on the players list with 14 other dudes. One is name Rice and the other Smith...the rest don't matter! :D

costanza2k1
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Rumor has it if he makes the cut he'll go in as a Steeler.

Sweet news! Another player in the HOF (hopefully) AS a Steeler :lol:

flippy
01-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Dirt should have been a first ballot HOFer. Best lineman of all time.

JTP53609
01-07-2010, 09:16 AM
My first jersey was of Dirt Dawson, loved the guy since I was a kid, my Dad always told me he was the best center in football and I always like him.....I hope he gets in...

I see him as a good coach if he ever decides to get into it. He was intelligent on and off the field and well spoken....

Iron Shiek
01-07-2010, 09:38 AM
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 Great news! He deserves it. :Clap :Clap :Clap

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
My first jersey was of Dirt Dawson, loved the guy since I was a kid, my Dad always told me he was the best center in football and I always like him.....I hope he gets in...

I see him as a good coach if he ever decides to get into it. He was intelligent on and off the field and well spoken....

Oooh...Dirt Dawson to replace Zeirlein...wow...

I wonder if he impressed anyone on the staff when he was helping out at training camp.

flippy
01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I like it, Dirt for line coach.

JTP53609
01-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Oooh...Dirt Dawson to replace Zeirlein...wow...

I wonder if he impressed anyone on the staff when he was helping out at training camp.

and i say if he cant teach them, then show them, and when i say show them, i mean play in games :Clap :tt2 ...but honestly, I think he would carry himself as a very good coach, he was a hardworker, carried himself well and you never heard a peep from him, not to mention he could really play ball...

papillon
01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Dirt should have been a first ballot HOFer. Best lineman of all time.

Difficult to argue that statement, but here are a few that were in the same caliber.

Mike Webster
John Hannah
Anthony Munoz
Art Shell

Pappy