PDA

View Full Version : Who would take this draft day trade???

SidSmythe
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
St. Louis Gets:
Steelers 1st & 3rd (2010)
Steelers 1st (2011)
Mike Wallace (WR)

Pittsburgh Gets:
Rams 1st (2010) - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

flippy
01-06-2010, 07:44 PM
It's way too much.

steelblood
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
It's way too much.

Not really. That's about right. Suh is an unbelievable talent.

I don't think I'd do the deal, but I'd be tempted. You'd have to switch to a 4-3 to make it worth it.

SidSmythe
01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
It's way too much.

Not really. That's about right. Suh is an unbelievable talent.

I don't think I'd do the deal, but I'd be tempted. You'd have to switch to a 4-3 to make it worth it.

I don't know . . . Hill Oh Tee Nah Gah (Ravens) fits nicely into the 3-4
I see SUH as a more athletic version of "Hill Oh Tee Nah Gah" and that's pretty scary

calmkiller
01-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I would not give up Wallace.

NJ-STEELER
01-06-2010, 09:32 PM
what flippy said.

steve entman, dan wilkenson, gerrald warren etc were also monster DT's that were going to reek havoc in the NFL

stlrz d
01-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Wallace stays.

No deal.

Btw, it's "Hill Oh Tee Nah Tah" ;)

grotonsteel
01-07-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't think this deal makes sense to me. Main reason for me is the money involved in signing Suh.

There are already few emotional players on Steelers D who are not happy that Big Ben makes 100 million and if they see a rookie making more money than a veteran on Steelers D hell will break lose in the locker room.

Shawn
01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Hells to the no.

Wallace is going to be an elite WR in this league.

phillyesq
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
what flippy said.

steve entman, dan wilkenson, gerrald warren etc were also monster DT's that were going to reek havoc in the NFL

I'm in the "NO" camp. Too many busts at DT to sink that much money into an unknown quantity. I'd also hate to give up the other picks and Wallace.

MeetJoeGreene
01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Replace Wallace with Sweed and sign me up!

Oviedo
01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
No thank you. Appreciate your contribution to national defense.

SteelAbility
01-07-2010, 06:38 PM
I'd take that in a heartbeat. Suh has Mean Joe potential. I believe he will be dominant from day one all the way to the end.

I'd be sad to see Wallace go, but I'm sure the presence of Suh will make that fade pretty quickly.

Shawn
01-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd take that in a heartbeat. Suh has Mean Joe potential. I believe he will be dominant from day one all the way to the end.

I'd be sad to see Wallace go, but I'm sure the presence of Suh will make that fade pretty quickly.

There is no doubt in my mind that Suh will be an elite DLman. But, I really like Wallace and both our first round picks.

I would give up our First, Third and Sweed though. :)

NJ-STEELER
01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
dont get me wrong.

I'd take him in a second if we were drafting there. but, i wont give that up to get to that spot and then pay him a chit load of money to see if he fits in our 3-4

in our style, we have the DL take up space and eat up blcokers...is that what we would do with him too? sounds like a waste to me. we'd have to go 4-3 or change our style in the 3-4.

do you guys that like him think he'd plat NT for us

Sugar
01-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I'd also be in the "no" camp on this one. We got Ziggy in the 1st last year and I don't see us taking a DL guy w/ our #1 again- not with all the other needs that are emerging.

Chavezz
01-07-2010, 10:21 PM
To those that are saying it's too much, I can tell you that it's not even close to being enough for the 1st overall pick. A team picking in the 7 to 10 range would have a hard time pulling off that trade let alone where we are picking.

SteelAbility
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
To those that are saying it's too much, I can tell you that it's not even close to being enough for the 1st overall pick. A team picking in the 7 to 10 range would have a hard time pulling off that trade let alone where we are picking.

Suh is a shows-up-once-every-25-years talent. He's moving OLman left or right at will. He had 4 sacks alone in the Tex-Neb Big-12 championship game. Texas does not have a shabby OL but they had noone who could handle him. NOONE.

There's a guy at work who is a Texas grad. At first he was totally miserable about the way Suh manhandled the Texas line. Then after learning how noone has been able to handle the guy, he finally came out with "Now I don't feel so bad about how we did against him."

This guy will end up being "Ndominate You" before it's over.

birtikidis
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
this is reminiscent of Steeler fo life / DVS and his trade the entire draft for Mike Williams because he's the best reciever ever thread. or his trade the entire draft for reggie bush because a reggie bush only comes around once every million years thread.
I'll sit where we are and take one of the following: mt. cody, Mclain, spikes, haden or any of the other defensive studs that fall.

feltdizz
01-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Suh is a shows-up-once-every-25-years talent. He's moving OLman left or right at will. He had 4 sacks alone in the Tex-Neb Big-12 championship game. Texas does not have a shabby OL but they had noone who could handle him. NOONE.

There's a guy at work who is a Texas grad. At first he was totally miserable about the way Suh manhandled the Texas line. Then after learning how noone has been able to handle the guy, he finally came out with "Now I don't feel so bad about how we did against him."

I'm not convinced. Dude is a beast but the Big 12 is not the NFL. I think he will be good but I don't think he is a once in 25 year talent.

Bama handled Texas OL pretty well. Let me add... I remember Sweed at Texas and he was a beast... it's hard to tell who will be good at the next level. Suh has all the makings but you never know when he lines up against an NFL vet.

feltdizz
01-08-2010, 03:02 PM
this is reminiscent of Steeler fo life / DVS and his trade the entire draft for Mike Williams because he's the best reciever ever thread. or his trade the entire draft for reggie bush because a reggie bush only comes around once every million years thread.
I'll sit where we are and take one of the following: mt. cody, Mclain, spikes, haden or any of the other defensive studs that fall.

Mike Wallace is proven.. we don't know about these other guys....
It looks like Wallace will be our #2 in no time...

birtikidis
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Mike Wallace is proven.. we don't know about these other guys....
It looks like Wallace will be our #2 in no time...
exactly. plus once Ben realizes just how fast he is and that he CAN catch the deep ball, we'll have a very legitimate deep threat that other teams will HAVE to gameplan for.

NJ-STEELER
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM

how many sacks did he have for the season?

feltdizz
01-08-2010, 03:57 PM

In 14 games...

12 sacks

55 tackles /// 33 assist /// 20 tackles for loss

10 pass breakups /// 19 hurries

1 forced fumble /// 3 blocked punt/kicks

SteelAbility
01-08-2010, 04:18 PM

In 14 games...

12 sacks

55 tackles /// 33 assist /// 20 tackles for loss

10 pass breakups /// 19 hurries

1 forced fumble /// 3 blocked punt/kicks

All while being routinely double- and sometimes triple-teamed, which doesn't show up on the stat sheet. But the guys who study game film know the immense value Suh brings to the table as those doubles opened up the way for his teammates to make plays. That's why he won virtually all of the defensive awards and was found in the Heisman running as a defensive player.

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM
How about this somewhat more realistic scenario (well...still kinda unrealistic, but it has a better shot of actually happening than a trade for Suh). At least hear me out.

Say Eric Berry falls down to #10 (I don't expect him to...I think he'll go in the top 6 or so somewhere). We know that Jacksonville wants to draft Tebow to sell tickets, but using a top 10 pick on him wouldn't be a value pick for them if they could just as easily take him at, say, pick #18 instead.

Would you trade our first and second round picks to get the guy that many have referred to as the next Ed Reed? Could you imagine Polamalu back at SS with a Reed type at FS next to him? We go from a secondary without any playmaking ability whatsoever to a secondary with elite playmaking skill overnight.

Stranger things have happened. For example, I would have never expected Michael Crabtree to fall to #10 last year (I figured he was a shoo-in for the top 6 or so last season, just how I feel about Berry now). But Al Davis falls in love with the size-speed-athleticism combo of Darrius Heyward-Bey (even though he can't catch) at #7 over Crabtree. I would think that the chances are good Al Davis could fall in love with the size-speed-athleticism combo of Taylor Mays (even though he can't cover) at #8 over Berry.

With several top-rated d-lineman (Suh, McCoy, Morgan, Price), several top-rated o-lineman (Okung, Campbell, Davis), a few QB's (Clausen, Bradford), plus a few other wildcard guys that a team could jump on in the top 10 somewhere (Haden, McClain, Spillar), there is a possibility that a safety like Berry could unexpectedly drop (since teams don't seem to emphasize the safety position like they do other positions).

Jacksonville was on the opposite end of such a trade a couple of seasons ago. They were at #18, and wanted to trade up to #8 to get Derrick Harvey, giving up a couple of third round picks and a fourth to Baltimore, who ended up taking Flacco at #18.

Well, we don't have a couple of third round picks to use as ammo, but the numbers with our first and second picks (1.10 = 1300 points while 1.18 = 900 points and 2.20 = 380 points...that's 1280 combined points...should be enough to get the deal done if Jacksonville is motivated to move down...they would like to recoup the 2nd round pick that they traded to New England to obtain CB Derek Cox in last year's draft).

If we could get the best safety prospect to come out since Troy himself, I'd we willing to wait until the 18th pick of the 3rd round (82nd overall) to choose our next player. Remember, after trading away our 2nd round pick last year, the next player we drafted after Hood wasn't taken until the 15th pick of the 3rd round (79th overall).