PDA

View Full Version : Wexell says Steelers like Sean Weatherspoon & Corey Wootton

BigRob
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Wexell likes Brandon Spikes at MLB, but says his sources say Steelers like Sean Weatherspoon and Corey Wootton.

steelblood
01-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Weatherspoon is turrible. Very overrated. He is a 3rd round talent imho. Wooten is a good looking 4-3 DE. I dont know where he'd play in a 3-4.

BURGH86STEEL
01-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Wasn't he the same guy that reported BA was fired?

BigRob
01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
No, that was Ken Laird.

Wexell provides about the best Steelers info out there.

I don't know much about Sean Weatherspoon except that he was highly rated coming into the season.

Corey Wootton actually has a great build for a 3-4 DE according to Steelers scouts. They are very high on him for 3-4.

Chadman
01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Both are interesting players- not sure if having interest in them at this point means anything though.

steelblood
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
No, that was Ken Laird.

I don't know much about Sean Weatherspoon except that he was highly rated coming into the season.

Corey Wootton actually has a great build for a 3-4 DE according to Steelers scouts. They are very high on him for 3-4.

Another 3-4 DE high round pick? I don't believe that could be true. We already have so much invested in 3 DEs. We have some more pressing needs. Wooten would be a great situational pass rusher though. He'd spell Woodley and Harrison as a nickel/dime DE.

Oviedo
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM
No, that was Ken Laird.

Another 3-4 DE high round pick? I don't believe that could be true. We already have so much invested in 3 DEs. We have some more pressing needs. Wooten would be a great situational pass rusher though. He'd spell Woodley and Harrison as a nickel/dime DE.

Unless they are being looked at as 4-3 DTs or DEs. Then interest in those players listed makes sense :stirpot

NW Steeler
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Unless they are being looked at as 4-3 DTs or DEs. Then interest in those players listed makes sense :stirpot

Well since LeBeau is coming back next year your dreams of the 4-3 will have to be put on hold a little longer!

phillyesq
01-07-2010, 10:57 PM
No, that was Ken Laird.

Keisel and Smith are quickly getting up there in years, and Smith is coming off injury. A 3-4 DE makes sense. It may not be the biggest need, but it is still a need.

If he could contribute as a pass rusher, that might also help as the D wears down in the 4th.