PDA

View Full Version : 2009 - From what I saw - (Very Long)

Lonbull
01-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I think I'm going to go ahead and do this Redundantman style http://www.s10forum.com/forum/customavatars/avatar4325_0.gif- because there are going to be some random thoughts here and there - but if you put it together I think you'll see where I'm coming from.

* Troy Polamalu is as important to the defense as Ben Roethlisberger is to the offense. Without Troy there simply wasn't anyone who was able to step up and make the "big" play preventing a defensive meltdown - especially in the Secondary.

Against Oakland Joe Burnett drops an easy INT - and Ryan Mundy gets a costly Penalty putting Oakland 1st and 10 on our 11.

My Fix: Get Troy healthy, Replace Tyrone Carter, Get someone to compete with Ryan Munday, and Re-Sign Ryan Clark, if his contract is reasonable. Getting a Safety in the 3rd - 5th rounds should be fine.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2009/01/large_troyp.jpg

* Keyaron Fox may be the exception, when it comes to having the opportunity to make a big play -his INT / Pick 6 against Minnesota at a crucial moment in the game. In general I believe the play of Keyaron Fox was a highlight to the season. However I can see the dilemna of not having anywhere to play Fox - over a more experienced Farrior? A more athletic Timmons?

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/roller/pittsburghsteelersblog/resource/KeyaronFoxVsVikings(AP).jpg

* Personally I'm a little disappointed in Lawrence Timmons - Probably because when you look at what Patrick Willis is doing in San Francisco it's a tough comparision. Yes Timmons is a year younger - but Willis has dominated while Timmons has only shown a few flashes. I don't understand how people can be so tough on William Gay and not be three times as critical about Timmons performance this season - considering their draft placements. I'm hopeful next season will be a break out year for him. It just seems that people don't fear him like they usually fear our ILB's - well okay in this case it's forgiven.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0901/nfl.media.day.super.bowl/images/lawrence-timmons.jpg

* I think the biggest problem for the Steelers is a lack of a short yardage running game. And I believe the biggest issue with that is our Offensive Line. It seems that we simply don't have the tools to grind out a game starting in the third quarter. Since 2005 we've lost Hartings, Faneca, Simmons, and Marvel Smith = which equaled 3 first round draft picks and a second round draft pick. We've replaced that with Hartwig, Kemoeatu, (Guard to be named), and Willie Colon = 6th round, 6th round, (at best 3rd round) and 4th Round.

My Fix Primarily I think we need a dominant Center - because we really don't have one on the team. I think Kemoeatu / Essex / Stapleton and hopefully Urbik should be given a chance - however if the draft falls right in the 2nd round - pick up a guard. This is no surprise to most die-hard Steeler fans - we've been crying for a Center since Hartings left. Most likely we're looking at a redshirt season for a rookie Center but the Offensive Line needs help.

http://io2.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/10/29/04/Dawson_83683.jpg

* The other half of this issue are the running backs. If either Frank Summers or Isaac Redman are the real deal - than I think you let Willie Parker go - and let Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore split the carries. I'd like to see Mewelde get more opportunities - he's a smart, crafty running back - and Mendenhall looks like he's ready to take on the heavy load. Mix that in with a short yardage back and a dominant Offensive Line and I think we're very much back in business.

*Can you believe it's been 5 seasons (starting next year) since the Bus was wearing down opponents?

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGU219-No25horizaction~Super-Bowl-XL-Jerome-Bettis-Posters.jpg

* Looking at a couple of games -

vs Detroit - we're up 28-13 in the fourth quarter, and we run the ball 5 times and pass the ball 7 times - why? Is it because we "can't" run the ball or we don't "want" to run the ball?

vs Cleveland (first game) - we're up 24-14 tail end of the 3rd quarter - we run the ball 14 times and pass the ball 14 times....again why so much passing?

vs Denver - we're up 21-10 - we run the ball 9 times (and score) - we pass the ball twice. Overall Ben throws the ball 29 times, we run the ball 29 times. The Denver game might have been our best outing - Defensively we made plays - and offensively we controlled the clock - that's what was primarily missing this season.

As an aside -

Worst Win - Detroit - without Calvin Johnson they still managed to keep this game close
Best Loss - Baltimore - The team rallied behind Dennis Dixon and took a tough division rival into OT.
Best Win - Denver - see above - classic Steelers - took the lead put the game away.
Worst Loss - Cleveland (game 2) - how does Detroit score 38 points against the Browns and we score 6? That game sealed our playoff fate.

* My guess is that it's not just that Arians and Roethlisberger are pass happy (although I do think that contributes to this a little) my bigger guess is that we just don't trust the rushing attack, at all, anymore. Mendenhall helps - but on 3rd and short we're subjected to sending our former concussion Quarterback over the top. Needs to be fixed.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/images/admin/Arians.jpg

* Mike Wallace - Best Rookie Season I can remember aside from Ben Roethlisberger's first season. Simply stellar kid!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0694/3484/56514_feature.jpg

* Special Teams - good news / bad news

Bad News - Loss to Chicago - due to missed Field Goals (and missed offensive opportunities 1st and 10 on the Chicago 13 = missed FG / 1st and 10 Chicago 33 = missed FG).

Bad News - Loss to Bengals (2nd Game) - Kickoff Return for a TD - our defense did a great job that day of limiting the Bengals to only Field Goals, the one Kickoff Return killed us.

Bad News - Loss to Kansas City - Kickoff Return for a TD.

Good News - Danny Sepulveda had 72 punts and put the opposition inside the 20 yard line 29 times - which is slightly more than 40% of the time. Only Mat McBriar Dallas had as few (or equal) punts with a better percentage.

Good News - Jeff Reed - Outside of the Chicago game Jeff Reed onlly missed two more field goals the entire season, one of his additional misses was from beyond 50 yards.

Good News - Stefan Logan - Fantastic first season for the return man. Logan came in 3rd overall in the NFL for most Punt and Kickoff Return yardage. We didn't spend a draft pick on the guy, and he'll probably improve with his first NFL season behind him. To me it appeared like he improved down the stretch - probably adjusting to the speed of the game.

My Fix - Kickoff Coverage has been a huge hole for us for sometime now. Personally I don't think Jeff Reed is the issue - we just haven't had enough special teams demons making the important stops. If Tomlin was only going to release one coach this season I'd make it our special teams coach just because it seems to be the weakest link. If we win the Chicago / Bengals / KC game we're 12-4 and we're the 3 Seed in the Playoffs. All three losses (IMO) primarily fall on the Special Teams.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Cdm4i78-hB4/SqE86mLWE9I/AAAAAAAAB6s/v32iZVxecag/s400/5%277%27%27.jpg

* The Offseason - in regards to personel I think the biggest question mark (pun intended!) is what the Steelers are going to do about Casey Hampton. Making matters worse is that Hampton managed to make the Pro Bowl this season :?:

As I see it:

- Tomlin doesn't care for Hampton's work ethic - a big contract probably sends the wrong message.

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/big-casey-hampton.jpg

- NT is one of the most important positions on the team, and you can't just "hope" the right guy falls to you in the draft and is ready to take on that position right away which means....

- Chris Hoke would be your starter and he'll be 34 at the start of next season.

My Fix There are a number of Free Agent NT's that might work well in the Steelers System - Barry Cofield (26) will be available, Kendrick Clancy (32), Tank Johnson (28), Clifton Ryan (26).....etc. I think you look for a NT in the 1st - 3rd rounds, but you also bring in a Vet. with a lesser price tag than Hampton - it's how the Steelers usually conduct their business. The "cheaper" Vet will come in to battle Hoke for the starting position - while the Rookie learns the system.

http://www.giantsfootballblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fred-robbins.jpg

*Cornerbacks - An "elite" Cornerback could be a huge difference maker to our defense - however unless he comes to us in the first round - I think we just need to give our younger guys a chance to evole. It was a tough year for Gay - but it was his first year as a starter (and many people think he's playing in a system not playing to his strenghts). I really like the young tandem of Joe Burnett / Trae Williams / Keenan Lewis. My guess is we're an emerging unit here. Very similiar to 2006 when we struggled with our Wide Receivers because we only had Hines Ward / Cedrick (please throw the flag) Wilson and rookie Santonio Holmes (who looked lost). Hopefully one of these young guys will step up in the off-season.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/473/slideshow_47303/display_image.jpg

* Bruce Arians - I think whether he stays or goes just depends on what his actual "job" entails. If Ben is calling 40% of the plays than perhaps Arians is just giving him suggestions and trying to help him with the film. A lot depends on what plays were Arian's call - and which plays were Ben's?

* Mike Tomlin - Reminds me of Coach Noll in his unapologetic ways. I rarely agree with how gutsy he is with some of his wilder decisions - but I will give this to him - as the opposition you have to be ready for everything. Tomlin certainly isn't predicitable. Overall I think he's doing a solid job of "managing" the team - getting the Secondary to play better and correcting the Kickoff Coverage would show me a lot.

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/mike-tomlin.jpg

* Finally my last comment is on our Quarterbacks

- Charlie Batch needs to retire, having him as a back-up Quarterback is like having a 1967 VW Bus as your emergency back-up car.

http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!BfQSRk!Bmk~$(KGrHqMH-CcErfFMM1t5BL!gNfIDWQ~~_35.JPG

Sure at one time it was dependable and even kind of fun to have around, but when your Mercedes is in the shop you've got to have something more dependable......

- Like a new sleek Porsche.....Dennis Dixon looked effective against Baltimore for all but one play - and Baltimore is a tough 1st game to play in the NFL. I think Dixon is a keeper, however I wouldn't mind adding a different Vet to the Quarterback trio. Chad Pennington might be worth a look on the cheap.

http://media.oregonlive.com/nfl/photo/dennisdixontdrunjpg-0c31b1112954e1fd_large.jpg

And last but not least Ben Roethlisberger - it seems to me that if Ben would just take the shorter passes and throw the ball away more - he'd be far better off. I don't mind that he likes to gamble - but I do mind that he gambles when he doesn't have too. Ben had another outstanding season - but I think at some point he's got to realize that what's best for the team, is for him to remain healthy - He's been hurt in every season he's played, and his injuries just aren't worth it. I respect that sometimes Ben just needs to be Ben - but if the game isn't on the line - the next step for him is to become a great "team-mate" and stay healthy.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200902/20090203rr_bigben_500.jpg

L.B.

flippy
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I think our DBs got a little too much blame sometimes. We often had little QB pressure which is not characteristic of the Steelers. And the interesting thing to notice is we somehow get more QB pressure when Troy plays versus when he doesn't. It's like Lebeau is more comfortable pressuring the QB with Troy on the field.

Ultimately I'd like to see us generate pressure with 4 guys. I'm not sure we can. Maybe Ziggy, Aaron, and a draft pick could help.

NW Steeler
01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Nice work Lonbull. I definitely think that this is the year that the Steelers sign someone in free agency to replace a vet, ala Farrior/Kimo.. Whether that is a NT, a FS or a CB remains to be seen. Doing this gives them more options in the draft as well.

SidSmythe
01-06-2010, 08:46 PM

- Charlie Batch needs to retire, having him as a back-up Quarterback is like having a 1967 VW Bus as your emergency back-up car.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Post too!!

Lonbull
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Post too!!

Oddly enough I wrote that about Batch before I found that photo.

L.B.

Lonbull
01-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Nice work Lonbull. I definitely think that this is the year that the Steelers sign someone in free agency to replace a vet, ala Farrior/Kimo.. Whether that is a NT, a FS or a CB remains to be seen. Doing this gives them more options in the draft as well.

I suppose RT is also a consideration - I'll be very curious as to how they're going to handle Colon.

Despite a relatively lack luster season - it looks like we just need a few minor tweeks and some rest.

L.B.

NW Steeler
01-06-2010, 09:23 PM

I suppose RT is also a consideration - I'll be very curious as to how they're going to handle Colon.

Despite a relatively lack luster season - it looks like we just need a few minor tweeks and some rest.

L.B.

We apparently are thinking the same way, because I have also said that I would not be surprised if they took a RT in the first round. That is why it is important to address at least one position in free agency.

JTP53609
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
i would not mind taking haloti ngata off the hands of the ravens..... :lol:

if we cant franchise hampton than I would look to get a solid FA NT...we had a steller NT this year and our D still sucked, imagine what our D will do if we dont have a good NT next season, even with Troy back, we will not be an above average D without a good NT to stuff the middle.........I dont mind if we get a CB, NT, RT, ILB or C in the first round, I would love to just concentrate on those positions in the draft, I am fine with going out and getting an unheard of FA saftey like what we did with Clark....

I am worried about Big Bens health, he may be fine for the next 2 years, but with the hits he takes and his injuries he usually has throughout the year, I dont know if we will see him playing in 5 years.....I hope I am wrong...

proudpittsburgher
01-07-2010, 10:16 AM
- Like a new sleek Porsche.....Dennis Dixon looked effective against Baltimore for all but one play - and Baltimore is a tough 1st game to play in the NFL. I think Dixon is a keeper, however I wouldn't mind adding a different Vet to the Quarterback trio. Chad Pennington might be worth a look on the cheap.

I guess I still feel far more comfortable with Batch back there than Dixon. Just because we kept the game close doesn't mean that Dixon looked effective. The offense was pretty dumbed down for him. Put it this way, if I had a choice of Dixon or Batch coming in to come from behind, I'm picking Batch all day long, at least for the upcoming season anyway, unless we can re-sign Leftwich or maybe a sparkplug like Jeff Garcia.

That beign said, I was also pretty disappointed that Dixon hasn't gotten a chance to play more since he started against Baltimore. Seriously, we ran a reverse pass . . . with Holmes as the passer. :wft If you run dixon in that spot, you still get a guy who has the threat of a run if the pass isn't there, and if it is, he can throw a better ball. to my knowlege, Dixon never saw the field outside of his start this season. Please correct if I am wrong. I have actually supported BA in the midst of his lynching on this board, but I am very dissappointed in him letting Dixon waste away and not even trying a Stewart-like role in the offense.

feltdizz
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I love this post but I disagree on Timmons.. while I wanted Fox over Timmons early in the year I think Fox over Farrior makes more sense. Timmons is young and needs reps. If Gay gets a learning year then so should Timmons. He is way too valuable in space and like we hear "this is a passing league" and his blitz and coverage are great.

Patrick Willis is a STUD and everyone knew it.. we weren't getting him. The league wouldn't allow it! LOL!

Ben does treat 2nd and 3 in the first quarter like it's 4th and 8 with 2 seconds left.
It's frustrating and I have argued with way too many people on here about this. I can't understand why 3 to 4 plays can't be incompletions instead of sacks... they say it's because we never know when Ben will strike... but seriously.. there are so many plays in a season it's bogus to act like chucking a few out of bounds will turn Ben into a lady.

Hopefully he gets better. He has improved a lot at checking down.. and I don't think throwing desperation, help me lord please, passes to Heath or Mend for 1 yard is checking down.

Batch is done... way too fragile. I think he gets hurt to stay around like Bettis did. He must get some kind of insurance or Medicare check if he gets injured ever year.

Gay will get better hopefully... I think he is thinking more then reacting.. It's frustrating that our D is so damn complicated it takes years to learn. I think Ike said the D's playbook is 4 times larger then the O's. I also think Troy is the only one who read it.

As great as Troy is.. it's also proved to be our weakness. Think back to the Titans game.. the guy was a freak and looked like he was going to have a James Harrison/Ronnie Lott/Revis type of season... then he gets hurt and we find out he was doing the job of 3 to 4 guys. If Troy stays healthy that game all the fans say how great our D is.. but the reality is Troy makes most tackles for losses, makes most INT's and breaks up most passes...

without him we are screwed.

oh, yeah.. and Proudpitt.. I think Holmes throwing that pass was the trick aspect of it... should have been Ward though.. he was a QB in college and would have ate it.

using Dixon there would have been obvious.. regardless the D didn't bite and Holmes shouldn't have thrown it.

Lonbull
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I guess I still feel far more comfortable with Batch back there than Dixon. Just because we kept the game close doesn't mean that Dixon looked effective. The offense was pretty dumbed down for him. Put it this way, if I had a choice of Dixon or Batch coming in to come from behind, I'm picking Batch all day long, at least for the upcoming season anyway, unless we can re-sign Leftwich or maybe a sparkplug like Jeff Garcia.

Proudpittsburgher -

I should emphasize that my main concern with Batch is that he can never stay healthy when we "need" him

2009 - Injured without even playing a full series
2008 - IR - before the season even began
2006 - Injured after only 1 game - we then started Maddox
2004 - Missed the entire season.

I just think we need to let Batch move on - and pick up a younger QB, that perhaps has some experience. Chad Pennington seems like a logical choice, maybe even David Carr since they're really only competing for the 2nd spot. Just some QB that has some experience - but also gives Dixon a chance to compete.

L.B.

Lonbull
01-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I love this post but I disagree on Timmons.. while I wanted Fox over Timmons early in the year I think Fox over Farrior makes more sense. Timmons is young and needs reps. If Gay gets a learning year then so should Timmons. He is way too valuable in space and like we hear "this is a passing league" and his blitz and coverage are great.

Good Point.

I like that we've got 3 young CB's competing for RCB (I almost wrote Gay's position - but that just doesn't sound right) - as I wrote earlier unless Burnett and Lewis are absolute busts - I don't see a need to draft a CB this season.. Patience.

Patrick Willis is a STUD and everyone knew it.. we weren't getting him. The league wouldn't allow it! LOL!

I have several friends that are 49ers fans - so I occassionaly catch the afternoon games with them - and Willis is just a monster. Doesn't hurt to have one of the best MLB to ever play the game as his head coach either.

As great as Troy is.. it's also proved to be our weakness. Think back to the Titans game.. the guy was a freak and looked like he was going to have a James Harrison/Ronnie Lott/Revis type of season... then he gets hurt and we find out he was doing the job of 3 to 4 guys. If Troy stays healthy that game all the fans say how great our D is.. but the reality is Troy makes most tackles for losses, makes most INT's and breaks up most passes...

without him we are screwed.

Certainly feels this way doesn't it? I don't think it helps that we had Mundy and Carter as back-ups.

I think Mundy may still have some upside he may just need some time to "look" over his mistakes. I've just never been a fan of Tyrone Carter - I presume he's on the team (and has been for so long) because he knows his assignments.

L.B.

JTP53609
01-07-2010, 03:50 PM

Proudpittsburgher -

I should emphasize that my main concern with Batch is that he can never stay healthy when we "need" him

I just think we need to let Batch move on - and pick up a younger QB, that perhaps has some experience. Chad Pennington seems like a logical choice, maybe even David Carr since they're really only competing for the 2nd spot. Just some QB that has some experience - but also gives Dixon a chance to compete.

L.B.

i agree with you lon, but in 2006 maddox never saw the field, batch played when ben was out,

feltdizz
01-07-2010, 04:01 PM

Proudpittsburgher -

L.B.

i agree with you lon, but in 2006 maddox never saw the field, batch played when ben was out,

2005 Batch was great in relief.. he got hurt in the GB game though I think on a QB sneak..

2006 We wanted to go with Batch because of the cycle accident and the surgery but Ben insisted.. then Batch came in for the Atlanta game and played amazing football...

not sure if he was hurt that year or not.

Ghost
01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I had to put in a vacation request in order to have the adequate time to read all of this.... :Cheers

Lonbull
01-07-2010, 05:26 PM

My Bad - I should have written 2005 when Maddox was put into the 3rd String - and Batch managed to get hurt (surprise) versus Green Bay.

I like Charlie Batch, I like that the Rooney's like Charlie Batch, I like that he seems to be interested in helping the Community - but the guy can't stay healthy - and when you've got Ben Roethlisberger (who has taken more sacks than Peyton Manning - but Manning has played in 100 more games than Ben) you HAVE to have someone who can be smart and stay relatively healthy - Batch has shown me time and time again he cannot do the latter.

L.B.

Lonbull
01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I had to put in a vacation request in order to have the adequate time to read all of this.... :Cheers

I sincerely hope your dog poops in your shoe. :moon

L.B.

feltdizz
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
If Tyron Carter comes back it's clear he has some photo's of Lebeau holding a lovechild

NW Steeler
01-07-2010, 05:50 PM
:Agree

Lonbull
01-07-2010, 05:53 PM
If Tyron Carter comes back it's clear he has some photo's of Lebeau holding a lovechild

10 seasons in the NFL - 10!!!! :shock:

Did his agent offer a buy one - get one free kind of contract?

L.B.

Chadman
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Haha...Ty Carter is fine, in a limited role. Just so long as he doesn't start, Carter has some value.

You can't have 3 Troy Polamalu's every day.

feltdizz
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM

10 seasons in the NFL - 10!!!! :shock:

Did his agent offer a buy one - get one free kind of contract?

L.B.

Tyrone Carter is from Miami.. maybe he is a scout in Florida for us as well in the offseason.

feltdizz
01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Haha...Ty Carter is fine, in a limited role. Just so long as he doesn't start, Carter has some value.

No no no!!!!

He must have the Lebeau hand book mastered forward and reverse...

He is like the manager in basketball they let dress in uniform.. dude has no skills.

I bet he is a beast in walk thru's though.

Sugar
01-07-2010, 09:22 PM

My Bad - I should have written 2005 when Maddox was put into the 3rd String - and Batch managed to get hurt (surprise) versus Green Bay.

I like Charlie Batch, I like that the Rooney's like Charlie Batch, I like that he seems to be interested in helping the Community - but the guy can't stay healthy - and when you've got Ben Roethlisberger (who has taken more sacks than Peyton Manning - but Manning has played in 100 more games than Ben) you HAVE to have someone who can be smart and stay relatively healthy - Batch has shown me time and time again he cannot do the latter.

L.B.

:Agree

I'd like to see more from Dixon, myself. While it's cool if they bring in a vet on the cheap, Dixon may have value going forward in a trade or something.

Besides, at the rate BB is getting hit he may not be around too much longer. If DD had 4-5 years in our system and was ready to go...

papillon
01-08-2010, 01:14 PM

As long as that limited role is never, I really don't have a problem with him being on the team. He's a great guy from all accounts, and plays each play 100%, he wants to do good, unfortunately, his speed and skills don't match his heart.

He's made a 10 year career out of those skills and heart when most players of this caliber would have ended their careers after 3 or 4 years sans the heart. I can't see him making the team next year.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM
oh, yeah.. and Proudpitt.. I think Holmes throwing that pass was the trick aspect of it... should have been Ward though.. he was a QB in college and would have ate it.

using Dixon there would have been obvious.. regardless the D didn't bite and Holmes shouldn't have thrown it.

Totally get that, but isn't that why Dixon should have been seeing some time on the field at some point during the season? Every time Vick comes in, with as often as he does, the defense is certainly on red alert for a pass, but they aren't totally sure. I guess I just think with Dixon's physical ability, we need to see him utilized more. It worked for Stewart, and I think it can creat some positive play fo rus as well. Unless he just doesn't know how to catch a pass at all, which is certainly a possibility.

Steelerphile
01-08-2010, 04:54 PM

As long as that limited role is never, I really don't have a problem with him being on the team. He's a great guy from all accounts, and plays each play 100%, he wants to do good, unfortunately, his speed and skills don't match his heart.

He's made a 10 year career out of those skills and heart when most players of this caliber would have ended their careers after 3 or 4 years sans the heart. I can't see him making the team next year.

Pappy

Well said. Saying Ty Carter has no skills is just wrong. His legs are too short and he doesn't have the make up speed he needs for that position. But he knows how to play and he has a great heart and motor, and he has skills. You can't be defensvive player of the week twice or even play in the NFL for 10 seasons with no skills. I actually admire Ty Carter for carving himself out the career that he has had. But I couldn't defend bringing him back for any more seasons.

If Ryan Mundy would play with the enthusiasm Carter has done from college on, then he could be something. But so far, he seems like a patient kind of player. I want to see him try to make things happen more.