PDA

View Full Version : Per Wexell's Facebook: re Bruce Arians

costanza2k1
01-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Jim Wexell It's getting weird on the Bruce Arians front. A 3rd source, this one from the coaching staff, says Arians has not been fired. That's 2 saying no and 1, a player, saying yes. I trust the two yays more than the player. What's weird is a 4th source called me and said Arians himself made up the rumor that he's been fired. That source says he wasn't going to be fired, but now it may become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Jim Wexell When I asked the source -- an impeccable source by the way -- why someone would make up such a rumor about himself, the source said, "Because he's an idiot!" This is starting to sound like Tim Lewis all over again. The only reason I can think is that Arians may have wanted the media to look foolish. Whatever.

SteelerNation1
01-06-2010, 12:51 AM
WTF? I got a text from KDKA that confirmed he was gonzo. This is strange.

feltdizz
01-06-2010, 12:58 AM
[quote]Jim Wexell It's getting weird on the Bruce Arians front. A 3rd source, this one from the coaching staff, says Arians has not been fired. That's 2 saying no and 1, a player, saying yes. I trust the two yays more than the player. What's weird is a 4th source called me and said Arians himself made up the rumor that he's been fired. That source says he wasn't going to be fired, but now it may become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Jim Wexell When I asked the source -- an impeccable source by the way -- why someone would make up such a rumor about himself, the source said, "Because he's an idiot!" This is starting to sound like Tim Lewis all over again. The only reason I can think is that Arians may have wanted the media to look foolish. Whatever.[/quote:3q7s889v]
If Arians made up the rumor he is one sick guy...

I mean, it would be the ultimate prank to pull on certain people in the media....
I would have a ton of respect if his humor is this evil... That is some sick sh!t to do...

and imagine how much the hate would grow if he did this? He will have to move...

Starlifter
01-06-2010, 01:38 AM
for what it's worth....

http://kdka.com/steelers/bruce.arians.f ... 06516.html (http://kdka.com/steelers/bruce.arians.fired.2.1406516.html)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-06-2010, 01:40 AM
[quote]Jim Wexell It's getting weird on the Bruce Arians front. A 3rd source, this one from the coaching staff, says Arians has not been fired. That's 2 saying no and 1, a player, saying yes. I trust the two yays more than the player. What's weird is a 4th source called me and said Arians himself made up the rumor that he's been fired. That source says he wasn't going to be fired, but now it may become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Jim Wexell When I asked the source -- an impeccable source by the way -- why someone would make up such a rumor about himself, the source said, "Because he's an idiot!" This is starting to sound like Tim Lewis all over again. The only reason I can think is that Arians may have wanted the media to look foolish. Whatever.

I mean, it would be the ultimate prank to pull on certain people in the media....
I would have a ton of respect if his humor is this evil... That is some sick sh!t to do...

and imagine how much the hate would grow if he did this? He will have to move...[/quote:2kz2re6i]

Dude, get real. You've had a whole season to see how this guy can't game plan his way out of a paper bag, and you think he can think this far ahead on some get-even prank he wants to play on the media? :wft

:wink: :D (can't find a "just spoofing" smiley, so I'll just say it - just spoofing!)

Shawn
01-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Dont you think that if the rumor didn't have legs the Steelers would just come out and say it's hogwash?

feltdizz
01-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Dont you think that if the rumor didn't have legs the Steelers would just come out and say it's hogwash?
I thought it was a done deal... I'm just commenting on the thread posted. Someone also reminded me KDKA was the first to say Grimm was HC. I wonder why no other newspaper has posted the rumor. Post Gazette seems pretty reliable but I haven't seen anything yet.

Oviedo
01-06-2010, 12:21 PM

and imagine how much the hate would grow if he did this? He will have to move...[/quote:320kfaqc]

Not really. If his intent is to make the media that criticizes them look like idiots this is the way to do it. Look at this board. He has people falling all over themselves to prove how they were right about how bad Arians was all the time and in the end Arians will still be here. Probably in his mind that means he wins.

I have always gotten the impression that Tomlin considers the media a necessary nuisance so if Arians stays he is probably getting a laugh out of this himself. The problem with the media has always been their holier than though attitude and sense of entitlement. If this is Arians jerking them around and they take the bait then good for him because they don't hesitate to rip him.

IMO Arians was never going anywhere. We'll see as the week plays out.

phillyesq
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
He was saying the same types of things on his Twitter feed. Very, very strange.

frankthetank1
01-06-2010, 06:05 PM

and imagine how much the hate would grow if he did this? He will have to move...

Not really. If his intent is to make the media that criticizes them look like idiots this is the way to do it. Look at this board. He has people falling all over themselves to prove how they were right about how bad Arians was all the time and in the end Arians will still be here. Probably in his mind that means he wins.

I have always gotten the impression that Tomlin considers the media a necessary nuisance so if Arians stays he is probably getting a laugh out of this himself. The problem with the media has always been their holier than though attitude and sense of entitlement. If this is Arians jerking them around and they take the bait then good for him because they don't hesitate to rip him.

IMO Arians was never going anywhere. We'll see as the week plays out.[/quote:9duj3902]

i think your right about why arians would do such a thing. the public in general is so quick to believe anything what the media spews. i.e tabloid rags like the national enquirer. people obviously buy that mag and other papers like it because they have been around forever. i bet this kind of thing isn't to uncommon in regards to athletes and celebs. just think if you had to live your life under a microscope and every move you made was for the world to see. this kind of thing is how you get payback to the media