For 5 years...

This Snyder guy...

Don't like him.

BURGH86STEEL
01-05-2010, 11:01 PM
For 5 years...

This Snyder guy...

Don't like him.

I wish I were Shanahan. Can't hate Snyder for trying to buy a championship.

Sugar
01-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Why don't you like him?

Starlifter
01-05-2010, 11:05 PM
unless shanahan finds another john elway his tenure will be brief as well. his defense will suck and unless he strikes gold in the draft - this ain't no sure thing...

feltdizz
01-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Why don't you like him?
Just don't.

NorthCoast
01-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I wonder how many players and coaches laugh behind Snyder's back about the amount of money he throws around trying to win a championship? A $100M NT.....haaa, haa, haa.

What's the saying about a fool and his money....?....haaa, haaa, haaa.

Wolfhound45
01-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Why don't you like him?

Because his answer to everything is "Spend more money."

Reminds me of a certain political party.

feltdizz
01-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Snyder is the kind of guy to throw money at a dead man thinking it will bring him back to life.

and both parties spend a ton of money, just on different things... if you notice, each one spends more than the last when they get in office. Show me a politician who cuts spending and I'll bet he is one and done. They spend that money on each other..

Shoe
01-06-2010, 03:33 AM
I wonder how many players and coaches laugh behind Snyder's back about the amount of money he throws around trying to win a championship? A $100M NT.....haaa, haa, haa.

You think Snyder cares if anyone laughs?
Frankly, the fact that he has that kind of money to throw around and not blink an eye, really shows who has the most laughs.

msp26505
01-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Why don't you like him?

Because his answer to everything is "Spend more money."

Reminds me of a certain political party.

Reminds me of two...

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Snyder is the kind of guy to throw money at a dead man thinking it will bring him back to life.

and both parties spend a ton of money, just on different things... if you notice, each one spends more than the last when they get in office. Show me a politician who cuts spending and I'll bet he is one and done. They spend that money on each other..

Maybe it's a Washington D.C. thing. Republicans, Democrats, Dan Snyder...just throw money at a problem and hope it goes away.

BDESteel
01-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Maybe it's a Washington D.C. thing. Republicans, Democrats, Dan Snyder...just throw money at a problem and hope it goes away.

Sht! That's a good problem to have. The only thing my pockets are full of is lint.

I've gotta find out a way I can spend other peoples money. :lol:

Jom112
01-06-2010, 11:02 AM
unless shanahan finds another john elway his tenure will be brief as well. his defense will suck and unless he strikes gold in the draft - this ain't no sure thing...

Not if they get Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC). It looks like it will be a bidding war between the Redskins and the Bengals to see who gets Zimmer after this season.

I wonder who will win...

frankthetank1
01-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Frankly, the fact that he has that kind of money to throw around and not blink an eye, really shows who has the most laughs.

well snyder obviously wants to win a sb really bad and has zero lombardies. doesnt seem like snyder has the most laughs. at least al davis has some sb rings. the skins under snyder have been pathetic. im sure shanny will have about as much success as joe gibbs had his second time around coaching the skins

feltdizz
01-06-2010, 11:45 AM

I didn't see him laughing this season

Ghost
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't like what Snyder does to the game. He artifically drives up the cost for players and now coaches. He hands out contracts that needlessly skew the marketplace. Setting unrealistic expectations makes it that much harder for the other teams to singn FA's as well as compete for their own guys. And the majority of the time it is for average at best players or guys well past their prime. In an uncapped year there is no telling the damage he could inflict by having an endless wallet.

And these costs eventually make there way to you and I in the form of increased ticket costs, parking costs, consessions, and merchandise.

Sugar
01-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Dan Snyder has no obligation to anyone to not spend his own money on players or coaches that he thinks will help his team. In fact, if he didn't wouldn't 'Skins fans accuse him of being a tightwad. "This guy is worth more than most small nations but won't even spend the money to get a great coach!"

For a top notch coach, the only reason to go to any team is either that you want to be part of the situation that the team is in or you like the money being offered for the job. I don't know that most coaches want that situation in Washington, so...

feltdizz
01-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Dan Snyder has no obligation to anyone to not spend his own money on players or coaches that he thinks will help his team. In fact, if he didn't wouldn't 'Skins fans accuse him of being a tightwad. "This guy is worth more than most small nations but won't even spend the money to get a great coach!"

For a top notch coach, the only reason to go to any team is either that you want to be part of the situation that the team is in or you like the money being offered for the job. I don't know that most coaches want that situation in Washington, so...

I disagree... he throws money at 1 or 2 players and the fans in DC get happy over the FA signing.. all the while losing 3 to 4 other decent players who do their job well.

DC fans finally woke up and I think they want better teams not better FA signings..

and like just stated.. he drives up the market artificially...

he is free to spend as he chooses.. but he also tried to call in plays and is just another rich brat who thinks he can buy a championship.

don't like him.

Iron Shiek
01-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Anyone looking for Kyle Shanahan to join our staff will be disappointed to learn that he is going to Washington with his father. Not that we have an OC position open anyway now.

Steeler Mafia
01-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Anyone looking for Kyle Shanahan to join our staff will be disappointed to learn that he is going to Washington with his father.

That and we just retained the human yam bag as our OC again next year! :HeadBanger