PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison...Good or Bad idea?

papillon
01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
But Harrison, one of two Steelers named last week to the AFC Pro Bowl team, intimated that there needs to be another change next season, as well -- in the attitude of some players. He said the Steelers appeared more interested in personal goals than team goals this season.

"I think at times we played as a team and, at times, we played as individuals," he said. "Sometimes it may have seemed that some individual things were more important than actually the whole concept of the team."

Read more: http://post-gazette.com/pg/10005/1025839-66.stm#ixzz0blkbq4NY

Pappy

skyhawk
01-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Personal goals?

Such as INT's?

LOL!! :lol:

papillon
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Personal goals?

Such as INT's?

LOL!! :lol:

I can only assume he's talking about the offense. The defense certainly didn't appear to be trying to establish any positive team highs. :P

Pappy

skyhawk
01-05-2010, 04:06 PM
In that case, he needs to mind his own business.

This offense (except for some red zone problems) is one of the best I have seen in a long time (ever?).

The D could not get stops after a score time and time again.

papillon
01-05-2010, 04:09 PM

This offense (except for some red zone problems) is one of the best I have seen in a long time (ever?).

I agree 100% with that, but, since, he didn't mention names we won't know. But, I would find it hard to believe that he's talking about a defensive player, unless, it's Woodley, he's the only one that outperformed from the year before.

Pappy

aggiebones
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Is he talking about ball control? We didn't run very much, thus lengthening games and extending the minutes/plays the D spends no the field. What was the 3 and out ratio? Yes, we scored some long TDs and gobbled huge chunks of yards with bigger plays, but maybe going 12 yards in 3 plays is better more often. A 10 play 80yd 5 minute drive helps your team ALOT more than a 3 play 80 yard 1 minute drive. Total yards and points aren't the be all tally for football.

That said maybe Harrison was talking about sacks and may have even been referring to himself and Woodley. Otherwise he couldn't be talking about the D.

There's a bit of animosity there and that's OK. They all are irritated now and hopefully that leads to better work ethic in the offseason. I can understand them being a bit tired/flat after the last Super Bowl. Its a grind. They'll come back out of the gate next season.

feltdizz
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Harrison is definitely talking about
4000 passing yards..
2-1000 yard WR's
and a 1000 yard rusher...

I wonder if Harrison used his stats when getting a new contract? LOL!!!

I just wish he could get mad at our INT stats.. or 4th quarter stats...

feltdizz
01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Is he talking about ball control? We didn't run very much, thus lengthening games and extending the minutes/plays the D spends no the field. What was the 3 and out ratio? Yes, we scored some long TDs and gobbled huge chunks of yards with bigger plays, but maybe going 12 yards in 3 plays is better more often. A 10 play 80yd 5 minute drive helps your team ALOT more than a 3 play 80 yard 1 minute drive. Total yards and points aren't the be all tally for football.

That said maybe Harrison was talking about sacks and may have even been referring to himself and Woodley. Otherwise he couldn't be talking about the D.

There's a bit of animosity there and that's OK. They all are irritated now and hopefully that leads to better work ethic in the offseason. I can understand them being a bit tired/flat after the last Super Bowl. Its a grind. They'll come back out of the gate next season.

if we are 4th in TOP you can't manipulate it into less time... with our ST woes the D has had 6 to 7 extra possessions to get rest. I think the D would get more rest if they stopped ANYONE on 3rd down..

SteelAbility
01-05-2010, 04:47 PM

Our O was good at gaining yards. We were slightly better than average putting up points. This just in ... you are rewarded for points, not yards. This also just in ... red zone problems actually count.

Given the yards we put up, we should have been top 7 in points. Instead we were 13th. And, I will add, we played a relatively weaker than average schedule, so our 13th in points is really more like 16th (i.e. ... average).

skyhawk
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Get rid of Arians=more eptitude in the red zone, and none of us are having this discussion!

Score more points!!!