PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to the Draft unfortunetly and thoughts...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-04-2010, 01:06 AM
It really sucks not to be in the playoffs...If you really look at it we were 3-4 plays from being 12-4. It is almost miraculous that were not in the playoffs looking back. If #27 picks off that no name qb of the raiders we finish 10-6. If we don't give up that 4th and 10 to the Bungals in our first meet with them we finish 11-5. If about 1 of 5 things don't happen vs the Chiefs we finish 12-4--CRAZY...Anyways do we have any compensation picks coming up? I know we lost McFadden anyone else we can possible get extra picks for? Here's looking foward to the draft and next year.

Captain Lemming
01-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Tomlin talks about the "fine line" which is true.

Last season we were the beneficiaries of 5 or 6 plays had they gone differently last season looks like this one.

It is funny how people think we have SOOO much talent, yet this was not close to being a dominant team, despite the SB.

feltdizz
01-04-2010, 03:02 AM
It really sucks not to be in the playoffs...If you really look at it we were 3-4 plays from being 12-4. It is almost miraculous that were not in the playoffs looking back. If #27 picks off that no name qb of the raiders we finish 10-6. If we don't give up that 4th and 10 to the Bungals in our first meet with them we finish 11-5. If about 1 of 5 things don't happen vs the Chiefs we finish 12-4--CRAZY...Anyways do we have any compensation picks coming up? I know we lost McFadden anyone else we can possible get extra picks for? Here's looking foward to the draft and next year.
We couldn't stop anyone in the 4th... our last 3 wins still had 4th qtr collapse written all over them.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM

We should get comp picks for McFadden, Nate, and possibly Leftwich. I don't think that Marvel qualifies, since he retired during the Niners training camp. The only players we brought in were Shaun McDonald and Keiwan Ratliff, and those contracts weren't large enough to qualify, so they should not cancel out any possible comp picks. I wouldn't expect any picks in the 3rd or 4th round, though. I figure maybe 5th or 6th rounders.

fordfixer
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
It't going to be a looooooooooong off season :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger