PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

Wolfhound45
01-04-2010, 12:42 AM
He will be playing football next weekend...

http://www.everyjoe.com/expertfantasy/files/2009/12/mark-sanchez-jets-20090814_jab_g53_409.jpg

He will not.

http://blog.nj.com/realtimesports_impact/2009/07/large_pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-723.jpg

End of story.

skyhawk
01-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I want to see pics of Polamalu hurting his knee the first time.

And a pic of William Gay on the ground as usual.

I want to see a third pic of any of the Steelers out of shape, with conditioning issues, defense.

It's got to be one of the biggest turnarounds in nfl history. One of the best defenses of all time in 2008 to a defense that couldn't stop the Raiders and Chiefs in 2009.

ghettoscott
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I will still take..
http://blog.nj.com/realtimesports_impact/2009/07/large_pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-723.jpg

..over

http://www.everyjoe.com/expertfantasy/files/2009/12/mark-sanchez-jets-20090814_jab_g53_409.jpg

End of story.

skyhawk
01-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Agreed.

I now get your point. Poor Ben, too.

Mel Blount's G
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
How bout a picture of our D standing on the field scratching their nuts while Chris Chambers runs past them with the ball.

This is the best I could find
http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Chambers-long-run-300x299.jpg
One of the aforementioned nut-scratchers...
http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/07/william-gay-heavy.jpg

This "picture" says a whole helluva lot about our season as well..

NFL Opponent Returning Statistics - 2009

RK TEAM ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
1 Tampa Bay 46 878 19.1 37 0
2 Atlanta 46 938 20.4 39 0
3 Dallas 47 967 20.6 67 0
4 Cleveland 52 984 18.9 46 0
5 St. Louis 43 1032 24.0 97 1
6 Seattle 46 1059 23.0 53 0
7 Jacksonville 47 1069 22.7 93 1
8 Oakland 42 1078 25.7 95 1
9 Washington 56 1104 19.7 55 0
10 Denver 49 1115 22.8 95 1
11 Arizona 61 1248 20.5 63 0
12 Carolina 51 1267 24.8 97 1
13 Buffalo 59 1271 21.5 52 0
14 Cincinnati 58 1289 22.2 58 0
15 Detroit 58 1353 23.3 102 1
16 San Francisco65 1415 21.8 101 1
17 Kansas City 60 1446 24.1 103 2
18 Indianapolis 60 1519 25.3 106 1
19 Chicago 64 1552 24.3 62 0
20 Miami 71 1557 21.9 87 0
21 Baltimore 77 1565 20.3 53 0
22 Houston 71 1597 22.5 71 0
23 NY Giants 77 1619 21.0 53 0
24 NY Jets 70 1685 24.1 101 2
25 New England70 1705 24.4 51 0
26 Tennessee 71 1714 24.1 99 1
27 Pittsburgh 74 1795 24.3 98 4
28 New Orleans 74 1813 24.5 87 0
29 Green Bay 80 1824 22.8 83 0
30 Philadelphia 81 1907 23.5 52 0
31 San Diego 87 1909 21.9 93 1
32 Minnesota 91 2060 22.6 77 0

Wolfhound45
01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
He (still) will be playing football next weekend...

He (still) will not.

For those who missed the point, I will explain further. Who"woulda thunk" coming off our win in Super Bowl XLIII that Ben would be sitting at home right now? Or, that rookie (ROOKIE) Mark Sanchez would be in the playoffs?

Just goes to show you how fleeting fame and fortune is. Very humbling.

feltdizz
01-10-2010, 02:01 PM
He has the #1 D

He doesn't....

Snatch98
01-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I fail to see any sort of rational correlation between these two pictures. What does Sanchez have to do with the Jets winning? He's playing efficient football just as Big Ben did ALL YEAR. The Jets got all the help they needed to get in the playoffs and they have the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE and the NUMBER ON RUSH OFFENSE. Soooooo your amusing picture comparison is pretty damn moot. Sorry for being so blunt but these sort of threads are so mind numbing that upon reading I don't know whether to start drooling or punch myself in the face.

We didn't make the playoffs because our defense was a former shell of it's last year self and we simply weren't finishing ball games, MOSTLY because our DEFENSE wasn't keeping the opposition out of the end zone. Oh but it's Big Ben's fault and SO surprising that a team with the best rush offense and the number one defense is in the playoffs.

Wolfhound45
01-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I fail to see any sort of rational correlation between these two pictures. What does Sanchez have to do with the Jets winning? He's playing efficient football just as Big Ben did ALL YEAR. The Jets got all the help they needed to get in the playoffs and they have the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE and the NUMBER ON RUSH OFFENSE. Soooooo your amusing picture comparison is pretty damn moot. Sorry for being so blunt but these sort of threads are so mind numbing that upon reading I don't know whether to start drooling or punch myself in the face.

We didn't make the playoffs because our defense was a former shell of it's last year self and we simply weren't finishing ball games, MOSTLY because our DEFENSE wasn't keeping the opposition out of the end zone. Oh but it's Big Ben's fault and SO surprising that a team with the best rush offense and the number one defense is in the playoffs.

Thanks for making my point.

You can start drooling (or punching yourself in the face).

SteelAbility
01-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Well, you haven't stated anything other than the obvious. So people responding are assuming that you are comparing QBs. There is no comparison between BB and MS. If BB were on the Jets they would probably have had a 1st round bye rather than having to be gifted into the playoffs. BB still has two rings and MS does not.

Wolfhound45
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, you haven't stated anything other than the obvious. So people responding are assuming that you are comparing QBs. There is no comparison between BB and MS. If BB were on the Jets they would probably have had a 1st round bye rather than having to be gifted into the playoffs. BB still has two rings and MS does not.

Thanks for making my other point. Don't assume.

If you know me and how I post on this board, then you know I do not make a habit of criticizing Ben. Hence, maybe (just maybe) there was another point to the thread.

SteelAbility
01-10-2010, 04:39 PM

If you know me and how I post on this board, then you know I do not make a habit of criticizing Ben. Hence, maybe (just maybe) there was another point to the thread.

Dude please state your point in clear terms. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of conclusion ramifications from posting a photo of MS with a "he's still playing" caption and a photo of BB with a "he's not playing" caption. I could name ... oh ... probably at least 10 right off the top of my head.

Don't make posts that force people into assumptions. :roll:

Snatch98
01-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Your second post mentions the fleeting fame of a Super Bowl victory and shows a picture of Sanchez and Ben two people who had little to do with their respective teams making or missing the playoffs. Your post was/is retarded. You should have posted a picture of the Steeler defense and the Jets defense and your point would have been received and acknowledged. Sooooo no you still fail.

Wolfhound45
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM

Your second post mentions the fleeting fame of a Super Bowl victory and shows a picture of Sanchez and Ben two people who had little to do with their respective teams making or missing the playoffs. Your post was/is retarded. You should have posted a picture of the Steeler defense and the Jets defense and your point would have been received and acknowledged. Sooooo no you still fail.

Wow, I am so impressed. You called me retarded. I was going to cry but I am over it.

Have a wonderful day. Tough guy.

Wolfhound45
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM

Dude please state your point in clear terms. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of conclusion ramifications from posting a photo of MS with a "he's still playing" caption and a photo of BB with a "he's not playing" caption. I could name ... oh ... probably at least 10 right off the top of my head.

Sorry, I did not want to make you think or anything. Hopefully your head does not hurt too much now.

The point is, for all of the bluster about individual talent and coaching, the bottom line is TEAMS get into playoffs. Hence, it does not matter how good (or not) Mark Sanchez is, his TEAM got into the playoffs (and is still there). Something the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers TEAM seems to have forgotten. No worries though, they forgot it as well after Super Bowl XL.

Simple enough for you?

:roll:

See, I can do the "rolling eyes" thing too. Another Internet Tough Guy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Look, IMO all Wolf did was express disappointment. We should've been there. No comparison of QBs taken here, I thought it was a pretty good summary of our season. It sucks that we're not playing this weekend. Seems like Wolf just expressed some of that pain we're all feeling.

I hope the Men of Steel are as pissed off as we are, and can translate that into a different kind of season next year.

HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO! :Boobs :Boobs

Wolfhound45
01-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Look, IMO all Wolf did was express disappointment. We should've been there. No comparison of QBs taken here, I thought it was a pretty good summary of our season. It sucks that we're not playing this weekend. Seems like Wolf just expressed some of that pain we're all feeling.

I hope the Men of Steel are as pissed off as we are, and can translate that into a different kind of season next year.

HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO! :Boobs :Boobs

And there you have it. Thank you my friend.

SteelAbility
01-10-2010, 07:43 PM

Sorry, I did not want to make you think or anything. Hopefully your head does not hurt too much now.

The point is, for all of the bluster about individual talent and coaching, the bottom line is TEAMS get into playoffs. Hence, it does not matter how good (or not) Mark Sanchez is, his TEAM got into the playoffs (and is still there). Something the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers TEAM seems to have forgotten. No worries though, they forgot it as well after Super Bowl XL.

Simple enough for you?

Thanks. Yeah, that's one of the ten possible reasonable interpretations of the genius "this guy is playing" and "this guy is not" photo tandems. I'm not rolling my eyes to be a tough guy. I'm rolling my eyes because you act like your point is so obvious when it is SOOOOO totally not.

Hence, your post FORCES people into assumptions. Then you chide me for making assumptions?

Why don't you just walk up to someone on the street and say these words ... "This is what I'm trying to say." Then act like they're an idiot for not getting it. Then congratulate yourself on how your abstract reasoning ability is so above average people. Keep up the good work Einstein.

Wolfhound45
01-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Simple enough for you?

Thanks. Yeah, that's one of the ten possible reasonable interpretations of the genius "this guy is playing" and "this guy is not" photo tandems. I'm not rolling my eyes to be a tough guy. I'm rolling my eyes because you act like your point is so obvious when it is SOOOOO totally not.

Hence, your post FORCES people into assumptions. Then you chide me for making assumptions?

Why don't you just walk up to someone on the street and say these words ... "This is what I'm trying to say." Then act like they're an idiot for not getting it. Then congratulate yourself on how your abstract reasoning ability is so above average people. Keep up the good work Einstein.

Here is a thought Einstein (yes, I can be sarcastic too). Just because YOU do not get the point, does not mean OTHERS did not. Maybe (just maybe) the point is that we need to look at WHAT happened and then ask ourselves WHY it happened. We assume that various factors played into it (coaches, play calling, defense). The reality is, maybe (just maybe) NONE of them were relevant factors. Maybe (just maybe) it came down to something as simple as leadership and accountability caused the collapse.

Bottom line, my original post stands on it own. Mark Sanchez is in the playoffs. Ben Roethlisberger is not. The question is not IF they are in the playoffs. The question is WHY.

Keep up the good work as well. Always a pleasure reading your posts.

Snatch98
01-10-2010, 11:59 PM

Wow, I am so impressed. You called me retarded. I was going to cry but I am over it.

Have a wonderful day. Tough guy.

I actually just called your post retarded but whatever. I didn't realize that made me a "tough guy" lol.

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
I actually just called your post retarded but whatever. I didn't realize that made me a "tough guy" lol.

Toughest poster in this thread, hands down. Very good Snatch98! You get a cookie! (have to love Kelly's Heroes).

Hopefully you did not have to drool and/or punch yourself in the head to respond.

aggiebones
01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Wolf, do you think the Jets will win the Super Bowl?
Let me answer for you. No.

Does Ben have a couple rings? Yes.

Therefore, when we TWEAK a few things, we'll be able to get right back in the mix over the next few years.

Sanchez doesn't have the material to take a team to the Super Bowl. Nice player, but you'll see what happens to him in the near future.
The Bengals were retarded, not sure what they were doing. Watching an entire end of the defense crash in to chase a RB when trailing by six yards and not even peaking at the QB. The Bengals were VERY undisciplined of defense and that is being nice. Sanchez had 15 easy throws and those will go away soon.
His defense and running game won't carry him any further.
And let's not forget they backed into the playoffs.

The two pictures should have been of Manning and Palmer. The time off crushed any momentum the Bengals had. I wonder if Manning will suffer the same consequence.

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't know Wolf's humor... but I felt like it was directed at Ben and his big contract, fame and stats...

Ben was amazing this year so I thought it was off.... but maybe it was just to get a discussion going.

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Therefore, when we TWEAK a few things, we'll be able to get right back in the mix over the next few years.

Sanchez doesn't have the material to take a team to the Super Bowl. Nice player, but you'll see what happens to him in the near future.
The Bengals were retarded, not sure what they were doing. Watching an entire end of the defense crash in to chase a RB when trailing by six yards and not even peaking at the QB. The Bengals were VERY undisciplined of defense and that is being nice. Sanchez had 15 easy throws and those will go away soon.

The two pictures should have been of Manning and Palmer. The time off crushed any momentum the Bengals had. I wonder if Manning will suffer the same consequence.

I don't buy that.... I think Sanchez crumbles if the game is on his shoulders but he made the 15 easy throws look easy too..

Ben had a terrible first playoff game and he had some easy throws but couldn't make them... I don't think you can count out a team like the Jets BECAUSE they have a D and run the ball a ton.

Flacco has 3 playoff wins doing the same thing...

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 01:02 PM

Okay, let me try this one more time. It is not about the individual (e.g Sanchez versus Roethlisberger). It is about the team (e.g Jets versus Steelers). Do I think the Jets can win it all? Absolutely! Why? Because they are still in the playoffs (reference Pittsburgh Steelers, 2005). That is the only point to this post. Period. That who "woulda thunk" that the team that won Super Bowl XLIII would be sitting at home in January, especially after the "lessons learned" from the Super Bowl XL hangover. The pictures are simply a way to reinforce the point. Who is in, who is out. Nothing more, nothing less.

In regards to an opinion, I have come to the (very unscientific) conclusion that the Steelers need more than "tweaking" to get back to the playoffs. There is (in my opinion) a lack of leadership and accountability on this team. The lack of passion (again, in my opinion) is very telling. I am absolutely shocked because I have seen Steelers teams from the 70s until now and I have never (never) seen a squad as lethargic as the one I saw this year. Nothing I can prove, only what I can feel.

My bottom line stands. As a point of reference, the Jets (e.g. Sanchez) are in the playoffs. The Steelers are not (e.g. Roethlisberger). The question is, why? I am not buying all of the arguments (for and against) coaching staff and injuries ebing the cause. I think (in my opinion) that it is something simpler, more sublime.

papillon
01-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Maybe I'm obtuse about the two pictures, but my take on it was that a bad rookie was in the playoffs and a good veteran quarterback was not and that pretty much summed up the season for the Steelers. The two pictures pretty much said, "this season just doesn't make sense in any fashion."

There was absolutely no comparison of the quarterbacks, only the irony (if you will) of a rookie who had a pretty bad season making the platyoffs and a two time Super Bowl champion quarterback not making the playoffs.

How did I do with my interpretation?

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Maybe I'm obtuse about the two pictures, but my take on it was that a bad rookie was in the playoffs and a good veteran quarterback was not and that pretty much summed up the season for the Steelers. The two pictures pretty much said, "this season just doesn't make sense in any fashion."

There was absolutely no comparison of the quarterbacks, only the irony (if you will) of a rookie who had a pretty bad season making the platyoffs and a two time Super Bowl champion quarterback not making the playoffs.

Pappy

Not bad. Your interpretation didn't make me want to punch myself in the face or drool. :P

And since you used the word "obtuse" in your post, I am contractually obligated to include a picture of Warden Norton (for all you Shawshank fans out there)

http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/shawshank38.jpeg

as well as some obtuse angles (for all you geometry fans out there)

http://schools.look4.net.nz/maths/angles/files3/obtuse_angles.gif

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM

Okay, let me try this one more time. It is not about the individual (e.g Sanchez versus Roethlisberger). It is about the team (e.g Jets versus Steelers). Do I think the Jets can win it all? Absolutely! Why? Because they are still in the playoffs (reference Pittsburgh Steelers, 2005). That is the only point to this post. Period. That who "woulda thunk" that the team that won Super Bowl XLIII would be sitting at home in January, especially after the "lessons learned" from the Super Bowl XL hangover. The pictures are simply a way to reinforce the point. Who is in, who is out. Nothing more, nothing less.

In regards to an opinion, I have come to the (very unscientific) conclusion that the Steelers need more than "tweaking" to get back to the playoffs. There is (in my opinion) a lack of leadership and accountability on this team. The lack of passion (again, in my opinion) is very telling. I am absolutely shocked because I have seen Steelers teams from the 70s until now and I have never (never) seen a squad as lethargic as the one I saw this year. Nothing I can prove, only what I can feel.

My bottom line stands. As a point of reference, the Jets (e.g. Sanchez) are in the playoffs. The Steelers are not (e.g. Roethlisberger). The question is, why? I am not buying all of the arguments (for and against) coaching staff and injuries ebing the cause. I think (in my opinion) that it is something simpler, more sublime.

I agree.... I saw Warner lay into a WR when he came to the sideline.. I thought it was Fitz but it was #80... That same WR made a TD the next possession.

I know people like Ben's style and taking all the blame but I never liked it. Sometimes you need to lay into a player or 2. Harrison is too silent to motivate.. Troy leads by example but I couldn't get amped up for the end of the world if Troy told me it was happening.

We had guys like Bettis and Kemo?(DE)... who Ben and Troy respected as elders on the team. Hines is too sensitive and backstabbing to respect. I know these young kids were scared of Joey Porter.. scared of what he would do once the coaches left the locker room. I don't think we need bullies.. but we do need a guy or 2 to step up and get these guys focused.

It should be Ben, but maybe this is why they hate him. LOL!!! "so they say"

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 01:45 PM

Pappy

Spot on my friend, spot on. Must be the "greybeard" in you that can see something so seemingly obvious.

Again, who "woulda thunk" that Mark Sanchez (MARK SANCHEZ) would still be playing while Ben is working on his golf game. I do not know how others are handling this, but it has definitely made me re-look the 2009 season and see if maybe (just maybe) there are issues deeper than what the "numbers" are showing.

These are grown men we are talking about. They are paid very well to do a job. Money is not the only motivation. You have to want it more. Leadership and accountability drive you in that direction. Do we have a "Joey Porter" or "Jerome Bettis" that is providing that locker room leadership? Or are we just happy to be where we are? I just do not believe that the whole issue is about Xs and Os.

A great quote that sums it up...

"It's much harder to stay on the mountain top than to get to the mountain top."

Do we still have that competitive fire on this team? Who is providing it? Not sure. In the past, the passion was there, year in and year out. Did not see it in the team this year.

Just a thought. For all not interested in this (disjointed - unproven) thought process (or incoherent rambling), I would highly recommend the ever enlightening/entertaining "Fire Arians" or "Fire Lebeau" threads.

papillon
01-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Pappy

Not bad. Your interpretation didn't make me want to punch myself in the face or drool. :P

And since you used the word "obtuse" in your post, I am contractually obligated to include a picture of Warden Norton (for all you Shawshank fans out there)

I'm still doing this :HeadBanger after this season of high expectation and pedestrian results. I wish I could stop doing :HeadBanger because, I'm sure it won't be as painful once I can actually stop.

That 94 degree angle is getting close to being acute, but like the Steelers it didn't succeed in short yardage. :P

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM

Pappy

I'm still doing this :HeadBanger after this season of high expectation and pedestrian results. I wish I could stop doing :HeadBanger because, I'm sure it won't be as painful once I can actually stop.

That 94 degree angle is getting close to being acute, but like the Steelers it didn't succeed in short yardage. :P

Pappy

That 94 degree angle should not have been drafted #15 overall in 2007. :stirpot

Imagine if Tomlin didn't open his mouth about his pre-draft love for Revis...then maybe the Jets wouldn't have traded one spot ahead of us, and we'd have a right angle. :HeadBanger

:lol:

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM

Pappy

Pappy

You may be still doing this :HeadBanger but on a positive note, you are not drooling. That is a good thing.

Recommend that you take this...

http://www.bhcclinic.com/patient_info/articles/tylenol_is_a_pain/Pills.jpg

and starting focusing on the 2010 season.

:P

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
You may be still doing this :HeadBanger but on a positive note, you are not drooling. That is a good thing.

I was at the Tylenol level after the Bengal game that started the 5 game skid. :HeadBanger

After the loss to the Chiefs :HeadBanger :HeadBanger , I moved on to:

http://www.prescriptiondrugaddictiontreatment.com/demerol-addiction.jpg

After the loss to the Ravens :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger , I moved on to:

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~destinyj/pain_killers/vicoden/P99318E3.jpg

After the loss to the Raiders :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger , I moved on to:

http://bestmedvalues.com/blog/uploaded_images/Percocet-Pain-Medication-768839.jpg

After the loss to the Browns :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger , I moved on to:

http://www.nigerdeltastandard.com/images/cali33.jpg

papillon
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM

I was at the Tylenol level after the Bengal game that started the 5 game skid. :HeadBanger

After the loss to the Ravens :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger , I moved on to:

After the loss to the Raiders :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger , I moved on to:

http://bestmedvalues.com/blog/uploaded_images/Percocet-Pain-Medication-768839.jpg

After the loss to the Browns :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger , I moved on to:

Do you need an intervention to curb your addiction?

Pappy

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Better Living through Pharmaceuticals!

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Just imagine the combination of antidepressants and anti-psychotic meds that I would be taking if I were a fan of the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Redskins, Chiefs, Seahawks, Browns, Raiders, Bills, etc.

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Just imagine the combination of antidepressants and anti-psychotic meds that I would be taking if I were a fan of the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Redskins, Chiefs, Seahawks, Browns, Raiders, Bills, etc.

The cure for fans of all of those teams...

http://wowktv.com/images/120609044845_101809053724_Pittsburgh_Steelers_helm et_1_11.gif

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 02:34 PM

I agree.... I saw Warner lay into a WR when he came to the sideline.. I thought it was Fitz but it was #80... That same WR made a TD the next possession.

I know people like Ben's style and taking all the blame but I never liked it. Sometimes you need to lay into a player or 2. Harrison is too silent to motivate.. Troy leads by example but I couldn't get amped up for the end of the world if Troy told me it was happening.

We had guys like Bettis and Kemo?(DE)... who Ben and Troy respected as elders on the team. Hines is too sensitive and backstabbing to respect. I know these young kids were scared of Joey Porter.. scared of what he would do once the coaches left the locker room. I don't think we need bullies.. but we do need a guy or 2 to step up and get these guys focused.

It should be Ben, but maybe this is why they hate him. LOL!!! "so they say"

That is what I am referring to. I am not talking about a whining "me first" guy that no one respects. I am talking about a leader that holds the locker room accountable. Do we have anyone like that? I do not know.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Do you need an intervention to curb your addiction?

Pappy

I am not a pain control doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Express Inn last night, and so the intervention that I recommend is ...

another Friggin' Superbowl ring!!

Wolfhound45
01-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe I should re-name the thread “The 2009 Season in Five Pharmaceuticals”

After the Bengals loss…

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Let me step back a moment.. Ben IS a leader.. he put the 2004 post season blame on himself. He got Bettis to come back, saved Bettis' life in 2005 in Indy and pretty much walked us to a SB.

Before 2006 season even started Joey was screaming about sitting out. Crash happened and well.... FWP asked who wanted it AFTER he got his money....

2007 Alan Faneca, the OL vet rejects an offer, captain status, and pretty much disrespects every coach on the team regarding our new blocking scheme because he misses Grimmace. Oh.. and didn't Hartings retire before the season?

In 2008 we win another SB... hip hop hooray... BA sucks and the D was golden.. until the 4th qtr of the SB when Ben had to work his magic... sign of thing to come.

2009 Ben tries to do all he can but without Troy it's a wrap. Also remember Ryan Clark has the audacity to become Kill Switch and ask why the DB's are getting blame... then he goes out and gives us a new clip for the blame gun. Oh.. and Hines calls out our leaders toughness on TV.

I think when we look back we have well fed teams who left the table last after SB's and just didn't have the hunger... I think the focus after a SB victory is money... how can I capitalize off the SB..

I think if we have back to back slumps then we have a problem. I think the SB hangover is real.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I think the SB hangover is real.

What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers, well then we're $#!% out of luck. :lol:

feltdizz
01-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I think the SB hangover is real.

What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers, well then we're $#!% out of luck. :lol:

Instant Classic!

Wolfhound45
01-18-2010, 01:02 AM

Do I think the Jets can win it all? Absolutely! Why? Because they are still in the playoffs (reference Pittsburgh Steelers, 2005).

http://media.oregonlive.com/nfl/photo/sanchezjumpjpg-4cc39980f54913c5_large.jpg

And they are still in it.

Who woulda thunk?

ColumbusSteelerFan
11-18-2011, 02:13 PM
After last night's performance, I thought about this thread again. Anyone still want to have the QB in the first picture? :D

skyhawk
11-18-2011, 11:58 PM
After last night's performance, I thought about this thread again. Anyone still want to have the QB in the first picture? :D

In Ben we trust. Sanchez is a wanna-be.

hawaiiansteel
11-19-2011, 01:39 AM

In Ben we trust. Sanchez is a wanna-be.

no thanks, Sanchez is too interested in being a pretty boy for my taste...

http://thebottlenose.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/mark_sanchez_shirtless.jpghttp://www.thefanhub.com/uploads/mark-sanchez-gq-1-1315574852.jpg