PDA

View Full Version : Its Over - The fat lady has sung

DHSF
01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Denver will lose, but the Ravens won. It was over when Russell came in. NE gave the Texans a game, but with little to play for, the result was as expected. The Steelers have no one to blame but themselves. I'm glad they finished off strong. At least we fans had a slim hope of them making the playoffs until now. Let's hope we get the help we need with the draft and some good free agency signings. The un-capped year scares me. I hate to think that the Steelers could go the way of the Pirates.

SteelAbility
01-03-2010, 08:21 PM
The fat lady is about 6'6", 261 lbs., and wears a #2 on her jersey. :P

SteelBucks
01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Denver will lose, but the Ravens won. It was over when Russell came in. NE gave the Texans a game, but with little to play for, the result was as expected. The Steelers have no one to blame but themselves. I'm glad they finished off strong. At least we fans had a slim hope of them making the playoffs until now. Let's hope we get the help we need with the draft and some good free agency signings. The un-capped year scares me. I hate to think that the Steelers could go the way of the Pirates.

Relax, the Steelers will never turn into the Pirates. If they fix their secondary, they are a strong playoff team......uncapped or capped year.

On another note, I hate Jamarcus Russell!

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
We have a full stadium and paid our best players good money.. No way will we turn into the Pirates.. Now if we get rid of all our young black players and load up on mediocre white guys then yeah.. We will be like the Pirates(sarcasm)

Shawn
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
The Steelers will be back. Hood has shown glimpses...Troy should be healthy and I'm eager to see the growth of Lewis and Burnett. We will need to draft D...early and often. ILB, FS, DE, DT, DB are all priorities. I would not be surprised if the Steelers went after one middle tier FA.

Shoe
01-04-2010, 02:50 AM
...I'm eager to see the growth of Lewis and Burnett.

I hate Joe Burnett.
Fact: He makes the easiest Interception that he will ever get a chance for, and we are playing next weekend. One f-n catch. Thanks Joe.

Pittsburgh
01-04-2010, 03:47 AM
I hate to think that the Steelers could go the way of the Pirates.

In order for that to happen, we would need a group of incompetents who make up our management staff and a complete scumbag for an owner.

Starlifter
01-04-2010, 07:19 AM

I hate Joe Burnett.
Fact: He makes the easiest Interception that he will ever get a chance for, and we are playing next weekend. One f-n catch. Thanks Joe.

or 2 farrior missed tackles. or 2 jeff reed missed FG's. It's tragic that a 16 game season was decided by one or two plays.

Jooser
01-04-2010, 09:05 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/khgenerations/fat-lady-sings.jpg

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac293/nmdeviant/fatlady.jpg

"IIIItttt'ssss OOOOOOOOOOVer, BIIIIAAAAATTTCCCCHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

bostonsteeler
01-04-2010, 10:32 AM

I hate Joe Burnett.

or 2 farrior missed tackles. or 2 jeff reed missed FG's. It's tragic that a 16 game season was decided by one or two plays.

Or one Ike int, or one pass to an open Miller in the Balt game, or one clean tackle on 4th and 10th in the first CIN game..

SteelAbility
01-04-2010, 01:37 PM

I hate Joe Burnett.

The most irritating thing about that Burnett drop was that all of his body language was indicating that he was thinking run after the catch when all he needed was to catch and lay down. What was his plan? To run it back and create a chance at a fumble? :HeadBanger

Ghost
01-04-2010, 01:43 PM

I hate Joe Burnett.

You can add to this list the entire second Browns game where nobody on the Steelers looked as if they even wanted to be at the game with everything on the line. Disgusting.

Shoe
01-06-2010, 03:48 AM

I hate Joe Burnett.

What two Farrior missed tackles are you referring to? I'm guessing one was vs. Cincy on 4th 10. What's the other one? (On that first one, you gotta sometimes give credit to the runner.)