PDA

View Full Version : The streak is over!!!

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Townsend picks one off!!!!

Discipline of Steel
01-03-2010, 03:09 PM
That was a sweet interception for Deshea. :tt1

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Game 16... LOL!!! Finally.

papillon
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM

Game 17, just sayin... :evil: :P

Pappy

Shawn
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
It's sad that a 90 year old Townsend is significantly better than Gay.

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 04:28 PM

Game 17, just sayin... :evil: :P

Pappy

Game 16...week 17.

:P

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Now Ike gets one.

LOL.

SteelAbility
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM

Gay has neither speed nor physicality. I'm completely perplexed as to how he got a starting role.

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Gay has neither speed nor physicality. I'm completely perplexed as to how he got a starting role.

Do you remember Gay being bad last year when McFadden was hurt? He was actually pretty good but I think the rush and Troy were hiding how bad he was...

He is really bad.. I'm hoping it was the LeBeau playbook and Tyrone Carter that beat him more than the other players...

speaking of Carter? Did he play today?

phillyesq
01-03-2010, 09:12 PM

Do you remember Gay being bad last year when McFadden was hurt? He was actually pretty good but I think the rush and Troy were hiding how bad he was...

He is really bad.. I'm hoping it was the LeBeau playbook and Tyrone Carter that beat him more than the other players...

Gay was fine in a limited role. I read that he put on about 15 pounds in the offseason in preparation for a starting role. I think the extra weight cost him speed and quickness that he couldn't afford to lose.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-03-2010, 09:18 PM

Yeah, I saw Carter dancing around like he just stopped the final play to seal the Superbowl, when all he did was trip the WR coming across the middle while the ball was still in the air and the pass was well out of the WR reach. Luckily it was uncatchable or it deserved a flag.

Deshea may have picked one off, but I also saw #26 looking at the WR back as he caught a TD behind him.

There is a fine line a player approaches when their veteran presence is valuable, or they are just old......This season Deshea, Carter, Farrior, just looked old.

NC Steeler Fan
01-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Yeah, I saw Carter dancing around like he just stopped the final play to seal the Superbowl, when all he did was trip the WR coming across the middle while the ball was still in the air and the pass was well out of the WR reach. Luckily it was uncatchable or it deserved a flag.

Deshea may have picked one off, but I also saw #26 looking at the WR back as he caught a TD behind him.

There is a fine line a player approaches when their veteran presence is valuable, or they are just old......This season Deshea, Carter, Farrior, just looked old.

Actually, I hope it WAS old and not complacent...I wonder if two SBs has done that to
them...

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 09:47 PM

Deshea had underneath coverage. He can't take off downfield until the ball has been thrown.

Herewegosteelers!
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I thought Dewayne Washington and Chad Scott were bad.....before I saw the CB's this season...

Chadman
01-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Ike can't catch, but is a sollid cover CB. The guy opposite- whoever it might be, needs to have some hands to make the QB wary.

Also, a FS with some playmaking skills will help out CB #2 plenty with over the top coverage- might just make the QB think a little.

FS needs upgrading- Clark is ok, but strictly a tackler- not a coverage guy.

Thankfully it's a pretty deep draft for Safties.

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Ike can't catch, but is a sollid cover CB. The guy opposite- whoever it might be, needs to have some hands to make the QB wary.

Also, a FS with some playmaking skills will help out CB #2 plenty with over the top coverage- might just make the QB think a little.

I thought Clark was OK when Troy was healthy.. his role changes with a guy like Carter in there.. but with a healthy Troy who is a liability in this D? It's clearly Gay...

I'll add that Gay will get better over time.. IMHO, I'm praying it was "first year starting" LeBeau scheme and he is thinking... instead of doing. It's not the easiest D to learn.
He was so far out of position at times it was scary.

papillon
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM

I thought Clark was OK when Troy was healthy.. his role changes with a guy like Carter in there.. but with a healthy Troy who is a liability in this D? It's clearly Gay...

I'll add that Gay will get better over time.. IMHO, I'm praying it was "first year starting" LeBeau scheme and he is thinking... instead of doing. It's not the easiest D to learn.
He was so far out of position at times it was scary.

I think that is wishful thinking Felt, Gay just looked lost and overmatched all year. We'll see what the draft brings and then we'll know what the coaches think of his performance.

Pappy