PDA

View Full Version : Arians is calling a great game so far

msp26505
01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I still don't like him and hope he either gets a clue with regards to a running game or is shown the door.

But he is doing a great job so far this game.

If we get a decent lead (read: if the D can get a single effing stop), lets hope he figures out how to milk the clock to protect this pathetic defense.

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 03:06 PM
should have run Mendenhall though inside the 5. I don't understand why FWP was in for those 3 plays.

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 03:08 PM
So much for that. We get the ball on a pick and they have Holmes try to chuck one deep.

DukieBoy
01-03-2010, 03:28 PM
So much for that. We get the ball on a pick and they have Holmes try to chuck one deep.

And what a play design, having a WR throw it all the way back across the field deep. It's stupid football, stupid play call, and stupid play design. Score should be 28-10 at the half, and it was nearly 17-17 thanks to this stupid play.

msp26505
01-03-2010, 03:36 PM

And what a play design, having a WR throw it all the way back across the field deep. It's stupid football, stupid play call, and stupid play design. Score should be 28-10 at the half, and it was nearly 17-17 thanks to this stupid play.

To repeat...I DON'T LIKE ARIANS.

But I liked the idea. Go for the jugular after the INT (which I believe was the first one by a Steeler DB since Rod Woodson did it in 1994).

I think it's more on Holmes. He should have eaten that ball when he saw it wasn't open.

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 03:39 PM

To repeat...I DON'T LIKE ARIANS.

But I liked the idea. Go for the jugular after the INT (which I believe was the first one by a Steeler DB since Rod Woodson did it in 1994).

I think it's more on Holmes. He should have eaten that ball when he saw it wasn't open.

exactly... we wanted creativity and to attack right after an INT.. it wasn't there... Holmes should have ate it

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Once again it comes back to horrible situational play calling. The Steelers offense has been performing well. If you want to go for the jugular and throw deep then have the ****ing QB do it.

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Damn...sure would have been nice to put points on the board after that pick....

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
WTF does Arians have Ben dropping back deep when in Dolphins territory and he knows they're coming?

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah...I'm glad we ran that trick play when the regular O was working quite well.

Jooser
01-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Stupid play call, period. Can't pin a bad pass on a ****ing WR..... :wft

NJ-STEELER
01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
dumb call

if you want to run a trick play, leave it in the hands of ur best player

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 05:28 PM
dumb call

Besides a flea flicker their aren't many trick plays that have the QB throwing the ball..

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 05:30 PM
dumb call

Besides a flea flicker their aren't many trick plays that have the QB throwing the ball..

Which is why you don't call a stupid trick play there when the offense is working.

msp26505
01-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Just to clarify...

I started this thread early in the game. While I didn't hate the trickeration like some here do (It was Mularkey's bread and butter), the play calling at the beginning of the 4th was what changed the momentum and allowed the Dolphins to get back in it.

We all knew the D wouldn't stop them, after all.

I will say that I was pleased with the runs to drain clock on the last drive. Hines doesn't hold and this game is iced before Ike's interception.

(Ha...I just typed the words "Ike's interception".)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Just to clarify...

I started this thread early in the game. While I didn't hate the trickeration like some here do (It was Mularkey's bread and butter), the play calling at the beginning of the 4th was what changed the momentum and allowed the Dolphins to get back in it.

We all knew the D wouldn't stop them, after all.

I will say that I was pleased with the runs to drain clock on the last drive. Hines doesn't hold and this game is iced before Ike's interception.

(Ha...I just typed the words "Ike's interception".)

Ha ha, welcome to your alternate universe!

DukieBoy
01-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Don't even like QB's thowing back across the field, let alone a WR doing it. The design of the play put the WR in a position to make a cross-field throw. It's a bad design.

Then, instead of running the clock down some toward the end of the half, with a short field for a likely score, you reward the D with an immediate turnover and they are right back on the field to defend again.

Yeah, Stonio should not have thrown it.

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Everyone keeps saying it was a bad design and thrown across the field. But Tone was running back towards the WR's side...

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Everyone keeps saying it was a bad design and thrown across the field. But Tone was running back towards the WR's side...

He was running to his left. The WR was on the right.

Horrible play design, horrible timing for the call and horrible decision by Holmes.

Iron Shiek
01-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Eiter way, it was a dumb play for the situation! Im sure if it was successful i woulda been happy, but iit had no chance. Arians shot himself in the foot there.

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM

He was running to his left. The WR was on the right.

Horrible play design, horrible timing for the call and horrible decision by Holmes.
I could have sworn Holmes caught it on the left side ofthe field then started running back towards the right... It didn't work though so scratch it from the books

Djfan
01-03-2010, 06:50 PM
His creativity isn't even creative. This clown has to go. I might fly to the Burgh and join in any ant- Bruce Airhead rally.

Steelgal
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Hopefully one of the headlines tomorrow will be "Arians gets fired"

Mister Pittsburgh
01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I am no fan of Arians. If Heath doesn't make an incredible catch, we kick 4 FG instead of 3. Our redzone offense sucks.

feltdizz
01-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I am no fan of Arians. If Heath doesn't make an incredible catch, we kick 4 FG instead of 3. Our redzone offense sucks.

I thought Ben could have ran that in easily... and the throw was a little high..
BA didn't throw that.

Also Mend stepped out on a sure TD catch... FG...

Hines got called for holding.. FG...

So in reality when you point out the PLAYERS MISTAKES...

Arians blew one redzone possession. That awful one with FWP in instead of Mend..