PDA

View Full Version : stlrz d's Playoff Fantasy Football Challenge v3.0

stlrz d
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Well it's that time of year again. Except for those of us who are in a "week 17 Super Bowl" league (Sidney Rice's last second TD got me in!), fantasy football is done for the season. Or is it? Fear not fantasy freaks for there still remains stlrz d's Playoff Fantasy Football Challenge v3.0! The challenge is open to everyone...even you Ovideo! (I plan on using that every year until he eventually caves in and participates) :lol:

It's very simple...all you have to do is pick your players once the playoff field is set and I do all the work. That's right, you get to set it and forget it!

Last season several of you participated and this season I hope even more will join in. The only prize is bragging rights (and the swell picture of a horse's ass trophy), but for some that's plenty! The person who has the highest cumulative point total after the Super Bowl is the winner. This is a not head to head competition.

Here's how it works:

Players:

You must pick ONE (and only one) player from each playoff team. Meaning when you pick Courtney Roby as your Saint you can not pick another member of the Saints to be on your squad. The players you pick are on your roster for the entire playoffs so choose wisely. Once that player's team is eliminated that roster spot is "dead".

Rosters:

Your must fill in one player at each of the following positions:

QB
QB
RB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
RB/WR (flex)
TE
K
DEF/ST

If your roster is properly selected you will have one player to represent each of the 12 playoff teams. That is the most important thing to keep in mind as you set your rosters...not only must you choose players to fit the roster positions, you must choose one player from each playoff team. Did I mention you have to take at least one player from each playoff team? Cuz that's what you have to do in order to have a legal roster. :P

Scoring:

This is how you score points...and it's my league so this is not up for debate! That last part is really important! :D I'm the guy who will be tabulating the points so I try to keep it simple. Points are totaled each week and added to your cumulative score.

Yardage:
All offensive players will score 1 point for every 20 yards passing and/or 10 yards rushing and/or 10 yards receiving. Points are awarded in those statistical categories, not as total yardage. So if you have a RB who rushes for 109 yards, receives for 52 yards and passes for 23 yards (what a stud!) he would score 16 points in yardage. Got it? These points are accumulated weekly and yardage DOES NOT carry over to the next week.

TD:
Passing TD = 4 points
Rushing TD = 6 points
Receiving TD = 6 points
Fumble Recovery TD = 6 points
Interception ret for TD = 6 points

Kicking:
FG = 3 points
XP = 1 point

Two Point Conversion:
Passing = 1 point
Receiving = 1 point
Rushing = 2 points

DEF/ST:
KO Return TD = 6 points
Punt Return TD = 6 points
Safety = 2 points
Interception = 1 point
Sack = 1 point
Fumble Recovery = 1 point

Once the playoff games are complete each week, I will post the weekly totals as well as the cumulative scores for all participants. Once posted, please check your scores and notify me of any discrepancies.

Full rosters are due before kickoff of the first wildcard game. You can either post your rosters here or PM them to me if you'd like to keep them private until the playoffs start. If you PM your roster to me I will not post it until after kick off of the first wild card game. Please do not post/PM rosters until after the full playoff field is set. Thank you!

If you have any questions please feel free to either post them or PM them to me.

So, think you're the ultimate fantasy GM? Then put it to the test in stlrz d's Playoff Fantasy Football Challenge v3.0...you know you want to!

Last year papillon took home the coveted horse's ass trophy...who wants it this year?

It's back up for grabs!!!

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2008/09/Horses-Butt-Loser-Trophy.jpg

Last year's participants and final standings:

Papillon - 400

Big Lebowski - 370

costanza2k1 - 369

RuthlessBurgher - 347

Iron Shiek - 342

Discipline of Steel - 340

mshifko - 329

BrownSteel - 328

ASIAN - 291

stlrz d - 283

MeetJoeGreene - 279

Mick's Team - 216

ColumbusSteelerFan - 215

Btw, last year QB's got 1 point for every 10 yards passing...I fixed that this year so you have to work a bit harder this year. ;)

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2010, 04:55 PM
It's good to know that Pappy is good at one of these contests! :P

I'm also glad the points were adjusted for this season so that QB's don't score more than double everyone else.

Iron Shiek
01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
l'll play again. Look out fools.

Jooser
01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
sweet!

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Something tells me I'll be at the bottom of the league again, but ah, who cares? I'm in as well.

fordfixer
01-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Something tells me I'll be at the bottom of the league again, but ah, who cares? I'm in as well.

I was thinking of getting in to this also so that would put me in the bottom spot just like our ff league this year :HeadBanger

papillon
01-03-2010, 09:59 AM
It's good to know that Pappy is good at one of these contests! :P

I'm also glad the points were adjusted for this season so that QB's don't score more than double everyone else.

:Hater :moon

Pappy

papillon
01-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey stlrz d,

How many players from each team are we supposed to pick? :moon I'm a bit unclear on the rules. :P

Pappy

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey stlrz d,

How many players from each team are we supposed to pick? :moon I'm a bit unclear on the rules. :P

Pappy

http://dustyloft.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/pi.jpg

fordfixer
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey stlrz d,

Pappy

http://dustyloft.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/pi.jpg

3.1416? from each team?

stlrz d
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I won my money league SB this year (after 17 years in the league and after making the playoffs every year but one) and now I'm ready to win this one!

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I won my money league SB this year (after 17 years in the league and after making the playoffs every year but one) and now I'm ready to win this one!

I did as well. In 2005 and 2008, when the Steelers won the Super Bowl, I missed the playoffs in my money fantasy league each year. In the 2006 and 2009, when the Steelers followed up those championships by missing the playoffs, I won my money fantasy league both times. Here's hoping I suck in my money fantasy league next year, and the Steelers win the Super Bowl again!

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
QB Peyton Manning IND
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Ray Rice BAL
RB Cedric Benson CIN
WR Larry Fitzgerald ARZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Miles Austin DAL
RB/WR (flex) Thomas Jones NYJ
TE Antonio Gates SD
K David Akers PHI
DEF/ST Packers GB

I thought about swapping the SD and DAL picks, going with Vincent Jackson and Jason Witten instead, but I changed my mind back to Austin and Gates.

SteelAbility
01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Well, I can never resist a good opportunity to win a horse's ass being that I am one ... :moon

QB Philip Rivers
QB Kurt Warner
RB LaDanian Tomlinson
RB Tim Hightower
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Reggie Wayne
RB/WR (flex) Anquan Boldin
TE Antonio Gates
K Nate Kaeding
DEF/ST San Diego

RuthlessBurgher
01-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, I can never resist a good opportunity to win a horse's bad word being that I am one ... :moon

QB Philip Rivers
QB Kurt Warner
RB LaDanian Tomlinson
RB Tim Hightower
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Antonio Gates
K Nate Kaeding
DEF/ST San Diego

Let's see...6 Chargers, 4 Cardinals, a Viking, and a Colt. I think you missed something in the rules there, SA. :mrgreen: I guess we know who you think is going to the Super Bowl this year, though. :wink:

stlrz d
01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Well, I can never resist a good opportunity to win a horse's bad word being that I am one ... :moon

QB Philip Rivers
QB Kurt Warner
RB LaDanian Tomlinson
RB Tim Hightower
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Antonio Gates
K Nate Kaeding
DEF/ST San Diego

Let's see...6 Chargers, 4 Cardinals, a Viking, and a Colt. I think you missed something in the rules there, SA. :mrgreen: I guess we know who you think is going to the Super Bowl this year, though. :wink:

Yup...do over! :P

stlrz d
01-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Be sure to get your rosters posted or PM'd before kickoff of the first game on Saturday...I'll be posting mine either tonight or tomorrow night...depends how much snow I have to move when I get home tonight. :(

MeetJoeGreene
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
QB Drew Brees NO
QB Peyton Manning IND
RB Adrian Peterson MInn
RB Marion Barber Dal
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Chad Ochocinco CIN
RB/WR (flex) Ray Rice BAL
TE Antonio Gates SD
K WHOEVER KICK FOR GREEN BAY TOO LAZY TO LOOK UP
DEF/ST Philadelphia

Tomlinator
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll take a shot.

QB Peyton Manning IND
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
RB Ray Rice BAL
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Miles Austin DAL
RB/WR (flex) Cedric Benson CIN
TE Antonio Gates SD
K David Akers PHI
DEF/ST Green Bay

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll take a shot.

QB Peyton Manning IND
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
RB Ray Rice BAL
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Miles Austin DAL
TE Antonio Gates SD
K David Akers PHI
DEF/ST Green Bay

What a roster! I predict that you finish in a first place tie with me. :wink:

Iron Shiek
01-08-2010, 04:03 PM
QB: Rodgers GB
QB: Manning IND
RB: Peterson MIN
RB: Benson CIN
RB: Rice BAL
WR: Moss NE*
WR: Fitzgerald ARI
WR: D. Jackson PHI
Flex: R. Bush NO
TE: Gates SD
K: Feeley NYJ (or whoever the jets kicker is!)
DEF: Cowboys DAL

Winner. :tt2

Tomlinator
01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I'll take a shot.

QB Peyton Manning IND
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
RB Ray Rice BAL
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Miles Austin DAL
TE Antonio Gates SD
K David Akers PHI
DEF/ST Green Bay

What a roster! I predict that you finish in a first place tie with me. :wink:

Dang nabit! Well, thats just not going to work. I didn't do that on purpose. I swear!

I am amending my roster.

QB Peyton Manning IND
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
RB Ray Rice BAL
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Miles Austin DAL
RB/WR (flex) Ryan Grant GB
TE Antonio Gates SD
K David Akers PHI
DEF/ST Cincinnati

stlrz d
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
My picks:

QB Philip Rivers SD
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Ray Rice BAL
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Miles Austin DAL
WR (flex) Desean Jackson PHI
TE Dallas Clark IND
K Shayne Graham CIN
DEF/ST Packers GB

Looks like participation will be down this season...must be the increased entry fee?

stlrz d
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Betting window is closed and the field is set. Good luck!

RuthlessBurgher

QB Peyton Manning IND
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Ray Rice BAL
RB Cedric Benson CIN
WR Larry Fitzgerald ARZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Miles Austin DAL
RB/WR (flex) Thomas Jones NYJ
TE Antonio Gates SD
K David Akers PHI
DEF/ST Packers GB

MeetJoeGreene

QB Drew Brees NO
QB Peyton Manning IND
RB Adrian Peterson Min
RB Marion Barber Dal
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Chad Ochocinco CIN
RB/WR (flex) Ray Rice BAL
TE Antonio Gates SD
K Mason Crosby GB
DEF/ST Philadelphia

Iron Shiek

QB Rodgers GB
QB Manning IND
RB Peterson MIN
RB Benson CIN
RB Rice BAL
WR Moss NE
WR Fitzgerald ARI
WR D. Jackson PHI
Flex R. Bush NO
TE Gates SD
K Feeley NYJ
DEF/ST Cowboys DAL

Tomlinator

QB Peyton Manning IND
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
RB Ray Rice BAL
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Miles Austin DAL
RB/WR (flex) Ryan Grant GB
TE Antonio Gates SD
K David Akers PHI
DEF/ST Cincinnati

stlrz d

QB Philip Rivers SD
QB Drew Brees NO
RB Thomas Jones NYJ
RB Adrian Peterson MIN
RB Ray Rice BAL
WR Randy Moss NE
WR Larry Fitzgerald AZ
WR Miles Austin DAL
WR (flex) Desean Jackson PHI
TE Dallas Clark IND
K Shayne Graham CIN
DEF/ST Packers GB

stlrz d
01-11-2010, 10:37 PM
And the results are in for week 1...Iron Shiek takes the early lead thanks to Aaron Rodgers' 43 points! Shiek was the only player with a QB going this weekend and unfortunately for the Shiek, A-Rodg is done...will that 43 be enough from the 2nd QB position? Time will tell....

Iron Shiek - 138

RuthlessBurgher - 101

stlrz d - 85

Tomlinator - 83

MeetJoeGreene - 74

Please report any scoring errors ASAP!

MeetJoeGreene
01-12-2010, 12:11 PM
i suck again

Iron Shiek
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Heck yeah it will! In a TD only league, I'll take a one and done from AR that gets me 43 points. manning likely will carry me to the super bowl.

I borrowed your game d, and played with two sets of friends (only for $$) using the same exact team. I'm winning all of them! But they are pretty close, and losing Rodgers will hurt for sure.

RuthlessBurgher
01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Heck yeah it will! In a TD only league, I'll take a one and done from AR that gets me 43 points. manning likely will carry me to the super bowl.

I borrowed your game d, and played with two sets of friends (only for $$) using the same exact team. I'm winning all of them! But they are pretty close, and losing Rodgers will hurt for sure.

It's not a TD only league, though.

All offensive players will score 1 point for every 20 yards passing and/or 10 yards rushing and/or 10 yards receiving.

Iron Shiek
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh whoops... missed that little tidbit when I skimmed through the rules.

Well, in that case, I might be in trouble. Oh well, Reggie Bush has a good chance to rack up some serious yardage on the Cards, so all hope is not lost.

stlrz d
01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
i suck again

You forgot the "oh no" :D

stlrz d
01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Week two is in the books and IS still holds a pretty commanding lead, but RB still has both QBs alive and I'd be shocked if he doesn't pass him after next week. At any rate, it's pretty much a two horse race at this point. :(

Iron Shiek - 221

RuthlessBurgher - 187

stlrz d - 171

Tomlinator - 169

MeetJoeGreene - 158

RuthlessBurgher
01-17-2010, 10:57 PM
I think you gave me 4 extra points. I had 101 last week and have 191 now, meaning I should have scored 90 points this week, but my calculations give me only 86. Let me know if I am mis-scoring something here:

Ray Rice: 67 rushing yards + 60 receiving yards = 12 points

Peyton Manning: 246 passing yards + 2 passing TD's = 20 points

Thomas Jones: 41 rushing yards = 4 points

Antonio Gates: 93 receiving yards = 9 points

Drew Brees: 247 passing yards + 3 passing TD's = 24 points

Larry Fitzgerald 77 receiving yards = 7 points

Adrian Peterson: 63 rushing yards + 19 receiving yards = 7 points

Miles Austin: 8 rushing yards + 34 receiving yards = 3 points

That adds up to 86, so I should only have 187 total points (unless I miscalculated or forgot about some other scoring category). Let me know.

stlrz d
01-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I think you gave me 4 extra points. I had 101 last week and have 191 now, meaning I should have scored 90 points this week, but my calculations give me only 86. Let me know if I am mis-scoring something here:

Ray Rice: 67 rushing yards + 60 receiving yards = 12 points

Peyton Manning: 246 passing yards + 2 passing TD's = 20 points

Thomas Jones: 41 rushing yards = 4 points

Antonio Gates: 93 receiving yards = 9 points

Drew Brees: 247 passing yards + 3 passing TD's = 24 points

Larry Fitzgerald 77 receiving yards = 7 points

Adrian Peterson: 63 rushing yards + 19 receiving yards = 7 points

Miles Austin: 8 rushing yards + 34 receiving yards = 3 points

That adds up to 86, so I should only have 187 total points (unless I miscalculated or forgot about some other scoring category). Let me know.

That was the problem...I scored Manning at 24. It's been changed now and reflected in the scores.

Thanks for posting that...it put me back in front of Tomlinator! :P

stlrz d
01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
I got lazy last night so I'll post the scores tonight after work. :oops:

stlrz d
01-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Well it looks like a 2 man race. IS has Manning and Bush left. RB has Manning and Brees. Tomlinator also has Manning and Brees, so no way he can win. Same for MJG. I've got Brees and Dallas Clark...highly unlikely I even move out of the last spot. Oh well...it happens. At any rate, I give the edge to RB here...it looks like he'll be taking home the coveted jpeg of the horse's ass trophy!

Iron Shiek - 296

RuthlessBurgher - 275

Tomlinator - 255

MeetJoeGreene - 246

stlrz d - 238

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2010, 12:05 AM
My numbers seem to be off again (it seems like you gave me an extra 9 points)

Peyton Manning: 377 passing yards (18 pts.) + 3 passing TD's (12 pts.) = 30 pts.

Thomas Jones: 42 rushing yards (4 pts.) + 28 receiving yards (2 pts.) = 6 pts.

Drew Brees: 197 passing yards (9 pts.) + 3 passing TD's (12 pts.) = 21 pts.

Adrian Peterson: 122 rushing yards (12 pts.) + 3 rushing TD's (18 pts.) + 14 receiving yards (1 pt.) = 31 pts.

That adds up to 88 pts. this week, which when added to my previous score of 187 pts., would give me 275 pts., not 284 pts.

stlrz d
01-26-2010, 12:25 AM
My numbers seem to be off again (it seems like you gave me an extra 9 points)

Peyton Manning: 377 passing yards (18 pts.) + 3 passing TD's (12 pts.) = 30 pts.

Thomas Jones: 42 rushing yards (4 pts.) + 28 receiving yards (2 pts.) = 6 pts.

Drew Brees: 197 passing yards (9 pts.) + 3 passing TD's (12 pts.) = 21 pts.

Adrian Peterson: 122 rushing yards (12 pts.) + 3 rushing TD's (18 pts.) + 14 receiving yards (1 pt.) = 31 pts.

That adds up to 88 pts. this week, which when added to my previous score of 187 pts., would give me 275 pts., not 284 pts.

For some reason I scored AP at 40 points, not 31. Everyone has AP on their roster, so easy fix. The scores have been changed.

Guess I should do this right after the games and not after a very, very long day at work. :oops:

Iron Shiek
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey! Not so fast. Saints might flip the script and run the wheels off Reggie...who knows! Ha...I doubt it, but I can hope. It will be close.

I copied your game with groups of friends, only its for money, and I'm still winning all of them. My hopes are pinned on Bush basically. Bush vs Colston in one, and Bush vs Brees vs Colston in another. I've got comfy leads in both, but can easily be overtaken by a big game from either guy.

stlrz d
01-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey! Not so fast. Saints might flip the script and run the wheels off Reggie...who knows! Ha...I doubt it, but I can hope. It will be close.

I copied your game with groups of friends, only its for money, and I'm still winning all of them. My hopes are pinned on Bush basically. Bush vs Colston in one, and Bush vs Brees vs Colston in another. I've got comfy leads in both, but can easily be overtaken by a big game from either guy.

You know, you never really got my permission to use this game so I'm thinking I may need a cut for "copyright" reasons.... :P

Iron Shiek
01-27-2010, 12:53 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1dc3ikk5]Hey! Not so fast. Saints might flip the script and run the wheels off Reggie...who knows! Ha...I doubt it, but I can hope. It will be close.

You know, you never really got my permission to use this game so I'm thinking I may need a cut for "copyright" reasons.... :P[/quote:1dc3ikk5]

Different scoring system! ha

stlrz d
02-08-2010, 11:14 PM
The scores changed from last week but the positions remained the same...which means IS held onto his lead and edged out RB for a 4 point victory! I didn't think it would happen but he somehow pulled it off...was there a Kardashian involved somehow?

Iron Shiek - 324

RuthlessBurgher - 320

Tomlinator - 300

MeetJoeGreene - 291

stlrz d - 268

At any rate...IS, here is your prize...it fits you! :D

http://3.static.wix.com/media/eadd1981a3823d952815020864589291.wix_mp

Display it proudly!!!!!

Iron Shiek
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
I'd like to thank the academy...my coworkers...the director...and you, the fans! THANK YOU!!!!!

In all seriousness...thanks for the confidence d. I was a team of one and prevailed. There is an i in team...when you spell it this way: teiam. So I don't care if nobody believed in me, I knew that, with god carrying me through this fantasy playoffs, anything was possible. The evil empire known as Ruthlessburger would not prevail as long as I was there to step up to the challenge. I took it one play at a time, and in the end, I won.

I'm rich, b!tch!

stlrz d
02-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd like to thank the academy...my coworkers...the director...and you, the fans! THANK YOU!!!!!

In all seriousness...thanks for the confidence d. I was a team of one and prevailed. There is an i in team...when you spell it this way: teiam. So I don't care if nobody believed in me, I knew that, with god carrying me through this fantasy playoffs, anything was possible. The evil empire known as Ruthlessburger would not prevail as long as I was there to step up to the challenge. I took it one play at a time, and in the end, I won.

I'm rich, b!tch!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
It doesn't change who won or anything, but my numbers still aren't matching up with yours again. Both Shieky and I had Peyton, so we both got 20 points there (333 passing yards + 1 passing TD). I had Brees, who got 23 points (288 passing yards + 2 passing TD's + 1 passing two point conversion). Shieky had Bush, who got 5 points (25 yards rushing and 38 yards receiving. If I started out with 275, that would give me 318. If Shieky started out with 296, that would give him 321. He still wins and everything (the horse's @$$ :wink: )