PDA

View Full Version : Resign Hampton

BrownSteel
01-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Should we? He made the Pro Bowl and did fairly well this season.

Oviedo
01-01-2010, 09:40 AM
The fact that he made the Pro Bowl probably just priced him out of the ballpark. He did have a decent year but it was a contract year and in the past he has shown that when on a long term contract he doesn't take fitness and conditioning seriously. You may be able to get away with that at 25 but at 32 it becomes a real issue.

We could tag him while they groom a replacemnt but IMO best solution is to go to a 4-3 defense where it is easier to restock the defensive line with young talent.

Shawn
01-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I hope they re-sign him and not resign him. :D

I just hope they re-sign him for a reasonable contract. We HAVE to bring him back...who would we replace him with? We then need to do what we need to do to draft Terrance Cody.

SteelerNation1
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
It looks like we'll be picking in the same range we drafted Hamp in 01. I think we traded down and took him at #19. He prob won't be back so we may have to go w/ Hoke and a rookie in 2010

Shawn
01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
It looks like we'll be picking in the same range we drafted Hamp in 01. I think we traded down and took him at #19. He prob won't be back so we may have to go w/ Hoke and a rookie in 2010

I really don't think the Steelers will let him leave unless they land Cody. Hampton could be the hardest guy on the D (besides Troy) to replace. If we are picking #19 we would have a shot at Cody. I have seen predictions of him going from #6 to mid second.

Personally, I think a team will pull the trigger early...there isn't another talent/size like him in the draft. He is unique...at 360 pounds he is extremely quick and agile. He commands double teams. I don't think he will last until #19. If that's the case, we can't let Hampton leave.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Hoke has shown he is a good player. Hoke has even shown to be more effective at times. I would go with Hokey-Pokey, a rookie mixed in (Cody), and even trot the 4-3 out there at times with Woodley & Keisel as the DE in the 4-3. Wonder what Harrison would be like lined up as a DE every once in a while in the 4-3 like Dwight Freeney from the Colts. Let him get up under those tall LT.