PDA

View Full Version : Harrison, Hampton make Pro Bowl

SteelTorch
12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Big Ben got screwed over again, and as always, the overrated Alan Faneca got in. What a croc. Glad to see Chris Johnson get in, though. He deserved it.

Here are the complete rosters for your consideration:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8155c2fa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

JAR
12-29-2009, 08:24 PM
not one single bungle, snicker.....

JAR
12-29-2009, 08:26 PM

So now they have to play very hard and win Sun night to prove that they were snubbed!

Iron Shiek
12-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Big ben likely will be first alternate and remember Pro Bowl is before SB so good chance Rivers, Brady, or Manning might be in SB bypassing paticipation in PB.

skyhawk
12-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Hampton? What the?

CASEY Hampton?

And no Heath Miller :HeadBanger

The pro bowl is a popularity contest.

SteelTorch
12-30-2009, 03:56 AM
EDIT: fixed the link. Sorry. :lol:

And agreed on Heath Miller not getting in. What will it take for him to get the recognition he deserves? :HeadBanger

TallyStiller
12-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Tight end in the AFC is tough in terms of Pro Bowl recognition. Dallas Clark is in his first... he waited a decade to get in because of Gates and Tony Gonzalez, who incidentally is NOT on the NFC squad.

Jom112
12-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Big ben likely will be first alternate and remember Pro Bowl is before SB so good chance Rivers, Brady, or Manning might be in SB bypassing paticipation in PB.

Matt Schaub also has a chance to be the first alternate.

Bobbie Williams was the biggest snub. He should have made it over Faneca.

Leon Hall and JJoe both had better seasons than Champ as well, but it is what it is...

Snatch98
12-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Hampton made it in because he's been playing well all year and there aren't a ton of top flight DT's. Heath on the other hand is phenomenal and certainly a more complete tight end than most. However when you have guys like Dallas Clark, Gates, Gonzo etc it's going to be tough for Heath to smell the pro-bowl unless he pulls down either A. more TD's or B. more receptions. As others have said he's fantastic for us but there are more TE's playing well than DT's. I think Hampton deserved the nod. He's been giving a lot of motor this year. (Contract year obviously) I actually hope we offer him a fair contract.

Iron Shiek
12-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Hampton made it in because he's been playing well all year and there aren't a ton of top flight DT's. Heath on the other hand is phenomenal and certainly a more complete tight end than most. However when you have guys like Dallas Clark, Gates, Gonzo etc it's going to be tough for Heath to smell the pro-bowl unless he pulls down either A. more TD's or B. more receptions. As others have said he's fantastic for us but there are more TE's playing well than DT's. I think Hampton deserved the nod. He's been giving a lot of motor this year. (Contract year obviously) I actually hope we offer him a fair contract.

Then he will subsequently celebrate by coming in 30 lbs overweight and stuck walking laps around the track during training camp again. :D I like the push he's been getting lately, definitely stepped it up this year.

Snatch98
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Then he will subsequently celebrate by coming in 30 lbs overweight and stuck walking laps around the track during training camp again. :D I like the push he's been getting lately, definitely stepped it up this year.

lol probably. His nickname is "Big Snack" after all. In his defense he's always been "out of shape" when training camp rolls around but time and time again he comes out to play and usually excells. I can't think of any one season where he came out completely flat and didn't earn his paycheck. I guess we'll see what happens. I'd love to see a in shape Casey extended with a fair deal so he can retire a Steeler.

SteelCzar76
12-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Hampton made it in because he's been playing well all year and there aren't a ton of top flight DT's.

Exactly. And i think the odds are very good that if Coach Cowher were to take a Head Coaching position next season that Hamp (along with Willie) would likely end up with him. (Coach) :Steel

Then,...we can add another "Grits" player to our starting defensive lineup,....oh joy ! (pleasbelieve that this is sarcasm on the most grand of scales) :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Hampton made it in because he's been playing well all year and there aren't a ton of top flight DT's.

Exactly. And i think the odds are very good that if Coach Cowher were to take a Head Coaching position next season that Hamp (along with Willie) would likely end up with him. (Coach) :Steel

Then,...we can add another "Grits" player to our starting defensive lineup,....oh joy ! (pleasbelieve that this is sarcasm on the most grand of scales) :lol:

Hampton is not a "Grits" player. He's a "Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Homefries, Hash Browns, Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast, Biscuits and Gravy" Player. :lol:

feltdizz
12-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Tight end in the AFC is tough in terms of Pro Bowl recognition. Dallas Clark is in his first... he waited a decade to get in because of Gates and Tony Gonzalez, who incidentally is NOT on the NFC squad.
Fans do not want to see a good blocking TE in a pro bowl game. I know I wouldn't.

SteelCzar76
12-30-2009, 11:38 AM

Hampton is not a "Grits" player. He's a "Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Homefries, Hash Browns, Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast, Biscuits and Gravy" Player. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ,.....your a damn fool Ruthless.

Pittsburgh
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM

The whole thing makes me shake my head and is the reason why I stopped watching a long time ago.

While I'm sure it's not the most popular opinion out there, I think Woodley deserves to be there just as much as Harrison. Unfortunately for Woodley, his last name is not Harrison and he doesn't have the same past credentials as Harrison.

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM

The whole thing makes me shake my head and is the reason why I stopped watching a long time ago.

While I'm sure it's not the most popular opinion out there, I think Woodley deserves to be there just as much as Harrison. Unfortunately for Woodley, his last name is not Harrison and he doesn't have the same past credentials as Harrison.

The voting takes place too early. It starts when only half the season has been played and ends a few weeks before the season has ended. Since most of Harrison's stats were accumulated early in the season and he has been relatively quiet lately, while Woodley started out slowly and has really emerged as of late, it looked like Harrison was having a better year when the voting was taking place (but that looks different now).

Shoe
12-30-2009, 01:28 PM

That makes A LOT of sense... Cowher will pick up Hampton when he coaches next year.

Hampton is OK these days, but as a Pro Bowler?

Heath will get in, because he Gates or Clark will be playing the week following (SB).

Cincy may play with a chip on his shoulder!

Pittsburgh
12-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Speaking of Woodley...

Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Woodley had a team-high 10 tackles and two sacks in the Steelers' 23-20 win against the Ravens last Sunday.

Woodley's second sack of the game forced a fumble that rookie defensive end Ziggy Hood recovered.

That helped preserve the victory that kept the Steelers (8-7) in contention for the playoffs.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 60041.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_660041.html)

buckeyehoppy
12-31-2009, 07:23 PM

Don't leave out the grits, tho... he's all that AND a bagga chips!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

flippy
01-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Woodley is the biggest omission imho.

He's our best defender right now. He's a great pass rusher, but also the most complete of our LBs. He can play the pass and the run. Something James Harrison's been struggling with recently.