PDA

View Full Version : Nick Eason

cruzer8
12-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Am I the only one who noticed he quietly had a good game? And even a couple of "splash" plays?

I like the kid and I'm glad the Steelers kept him. I'd love to see him active every game as he seems to be getting better as he gets more playing time.

SteelAbility
12-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I noticed that too. It looks like the guy can really enforce a push. I think he replaced Kirschke. Whoever it was, Eason looked way more effective.

cruzer8
12-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I noticed that too. It looks like the guy can really enforce a push. I think he replaced Kirschke. Whoever it was, Eason looked way more effective.

I saw a formation that had Eason on one side, Kirschke in the middle and Hood on the other side. It was when Kiesel was out.

frankthetank1
12-28-2009, 05:24 PM
even last season eason was pretty good when he got playing time. i dont know what happened from his first season with the steelers but he improved a ton. i remember in 2007 he was god awful

Iron Shiek
12-28-2009, 05:35 PM
He definitely blew up the run blocking a couple times, one of the only few times we got to Rice in the backfield, he was part of it.

papillon
12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
He definitely blew up the run blocking a couple times, one of the only few times we got to Rice in the backfield, he was part of it.

I thought he outplayed Kiesel when given his chances against the Ravens.

Pappy

phillyesq
12-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I thought he has played much better this year. He has really turned himself into a steady, reliable backup. If I remember correctly, he also had a nice block on Logan's big return.

stlrz d
12-28-2009, 10:57 PM
I noticed it too...I like Eason...he's really turning into a nice asset!

BATMAN
12-28-2009, 11:38 PM
i thought the same thing that he has been turning the corner with his chances and last night he did well in my opinion

williar
12-29-2009, 12:30 AM
I know he's been inactive a few times throughout the season, which was a little odd considering how short we've been on the DL. I like Eason, and always thought of him as being a solid backup and a high character guy. I hope the FO keeps him on board for another year or two.

LordVile
12-29-2009, 01:05 AM
kudos to Eason, he's pretty solid.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Just think...most of us armchair GM's were ready to run him out of town on a rail a few years back. Goes to show you what we all know. :wink:

Ghost
12-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Didn't he catch the short kick off as well? Heck, let's throw him back there with Logan :D

papillon
12-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Just think...most of us armchair GM's were ready to run him out of town on a rail a few years back. Goes to show you what we all know. :wink:

This is why the Steelers are successful they give their players a chance to succeed. Sweed will get the same chance provided he's mentally into playing football next year. It's difficult for many fans to watch a season like this and not want to fire Tomlin, Leabeau and Arians, get a new GM, replace the entire defense and special teams players, but the Steelers will be sure that they have exhausted all development of a player before they let him go.

It's the way they do things and it's why there is a 40 year history of success for this franchise. There are down years (2009) and a three year struggle under Cowher in the 80s, but by and large the Steelers compete and win. Even this year was exciting, disappointing, but exciting none he less. And, while many fans don't consider this competing because of expectations, the reality is that the Steelers ARE competing for the Super Bowl, they just need a little help this year.

The sooner fans don't want immediate gratification the better off they'll be, the Steelers don't operate that way. It's the same as accepting Ben's style of quarterbacking. Once you embrace it and realize that he will never simply drop back and release when his back foot hits the ground the more enjoyable it will be to watch him play.

Pappy

SteelAbility
12-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Not to mention we wanted to ditch Bustamalu. I find this one absolutely hysterical because now it's "we suck without Troy." :lol:

SteelAbility
12-29-2009, 01:55 PM

This is why the Steelers are successful they give their players a chance to succeed. Sweed will get the same chance provided he's mentally into playing football next year. It's difficult for many fans to watch a season like this and not want to fire Tomlin, Leabeau and Arians, get a new GM, replace the entire defense and special teams players, but the Steelers will be sure that they have exhausted all development of a player before they let him go.

It's the way they do things and it's why there is a 40 year history of success for this franchise. There are down years (2009) and a three year struggle under Cowher in the 80s, but by and large the Steelers compete and win. Even this year was exciting, disappointing, but exciting none he less. And, while many fans don't consider this competing because of expectations, the reality is that the Steelers ARE competing for the Super Bowl, they just need a little help this year.

The sooner fans don't want immediate gratification the better off they'll be, the Steelers don't operate that way. It's the same as accepting Ben's style of quarterbacking. Once you embrace it and realize that he will never simply drop back and release when his back foot hits the ground the more enjoyable it will be to watch him play.

Pappy

I would like to see Sweed given another chance. I have been a very harsh critic, mainly because his drops were gift-wrapped. If he can overcome it, I believe he'll be a great weapon.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2009, 01:58 PM
a three year struggle under Cowher in the 80s

Cowher's three playoff-less seasons in a row was from 98-00, not during the 80's. The Chin didn't come to Pittsburgh until 1992. Noll's teams struggled a-plenty in the 80's, though.

Shawn
12-29-2009, 02:07 PM

Pappy

I like your mentality. People are so quick to throw players away. Sweed is a talent...he will get more chances to develop. Eason developed into a solid back up. Who else noticed Hood playing well? That made me smile.

papillon
12-30-2009, 11:59 PM
a three year struggle under Cowher in the 80s

Cowher's three playoff-less seasons in a row was from 98-00, not during the 80's. The Chin didn't come to Pittsburgh until 1992. Noll's teams struggled a-plenty in the 80's, though.

Yea, that's what I meant, as always, thanks for getting the correct years and coaches out there for me. :oops:

Pappy

winwithd
12-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Speaking of giving players a chance to develop... didn't this same management CUT James Harrison 3 times?

stlrz d
12-31-2009, 08:40 AM
Speaking of giving players a chance to develop... didn't this same management CUT James Harrison 3 times?

Dude used to stop right in the middle of a play because he didn't know where he was supposed to be. And then he'd even pull himself out.

They kept bringing him back...and he eventually stuck...right? :P

feltdizz
12-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Makes me wonder why Eason and Hood haven't seen more time. It's not like the other guys were having pro bowl seasons... kiesel and kirscke(pardon spelling) that is. I know they are vets but I think our age has caught up to us.

RuthlessBurgher
12-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Makes me wonder why Eason and Hood haven't seen more time. It's not like the other guys were having pro bowl seasons... kiesel and kirscke(pardon spelling) that is. I know they are vets but I think our age has caught up to us.

Eason and Hood have been rotating in pretty regularly recently. While Kirschke is getting old (he's 35), Keisel is the same age as James Harrison (They are both 31. Both entered the league in 2002...Keisel in the 7th round and Harrison as a UDFA. Keisel's first year as a full time starter was in 2006 while Harrison's first year as a full time starter was in 2007, so neither of them have typical wear-and-tear of an NFL 31 year old who started in their first or second year in the league).

papillon
12-31-2009, 11:23 AM

I'm expecting Hood to see a lot of playing time this week. Eason has earned some time as well. I don't know what the extent od severity of Kiesel's injury is, but, Eason has earned some time and hopefully, he'll get it.

Pappy