PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Woodley

steelerkeylargo
12-28-2009, 02:41 AM
is clearly the defensive mvp of this team right now. Where are all of his early season bashers?

papillon
12-28-2009, 08:55 AM
is clearly the defensive mvp of this team right now. Where are all of his early season bashers?

I wish he would have shown up in the first 5 or 6 games like he has in the last 7. Didn't bash him, but; I was wondering where he disappeared to.

Pappy

Oviedo
12-28-2009, 09:46 AM

I wish he would have shown up in the first 5 or 6 games like he has in the last 7. Didn't bash him, but; I was wondering where he disappeared to.

Pappy

:Agree If he had played at the level then he is now we may not have lost a couple of those close games.

steelerkeylargo
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM

Pappy

:Agree If he had played at the level then he is now we may not have lost a couple of those close games.

He has been playing great the last 8 weeks. You are saying it's his fault we lost to Chicago and the first Cincinati game. Really?? :shock:

phillyesq
12-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I think that the expectations of some here can be a bit unrealistic at times. Since week 10, Woodley has averaged more than a sack per game. I don't think that you can really expect anybody to perform at that kind of level for an entire season.

frankthetank1
12-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Pappy

He has been playing great the last 8 weeks. You are saying it's his fault we lost to Chicago and the first Cincinati game. Really?? :shock:

if it wasnt for woodley's play late in the lions game we could of lost that one too. the first half of the season overall he wasnt all that effective but looking at the entire season he has had another very good season. maybe even better than harrison this year. woodley is still pretty young

Oviedo
12-28-2009, 12:58 PM

Pappy

Not really :shock:

Merely a statement that if he had been playing at the level he is now during the first half of the season he might have made a difference in a couple of those 3 point losses by making a key play or two. We are a couple key defensive plays from a 10 win record right now.

Shoe
12-28-2009, 01:39 PM

?Huh?
Take it easy Ann Arbor.
He's been playing well the last few weeks... and you can make a case for him I suppose. But he is not "clearly the DMVP". Compare to Harrison's season stats and you'll see that Harrison has the better year, if you go by those numbers. Not saying numbers are the definitve answer, but just so you know... Silverback's playing his usual great ball too.

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2009, 02:11 PM
If you take the word "valuable" in its most literal sense, then Troy Polamalu is clearly our defensive MVP, and perhaps the overall league MVP. How can you get any more valuable when your mere presence or absense results in a defense flip-flopping from "historically great" to "horrendously bad" :?:

steelerkeylargo
12-28-2009, 03:11 PM

Pappy

Not really :shock:

Merely a statement that if he had been playing at the level he is now during the first half of the season he might have made a difference in a couple of those 3 point losses by making a key play or two. We are a couple key defensive plays from a 10 win record right now.

I am just saying we only lost 2 games in the first 8. Wood has been playing great since week 8. I think he is at the bottom of the list of people anyone should be pointing fingers at.

Oviedo
12-28-2009, 03:32 PM
If it was about finger pointing you are abslutely right. Fingers, in order, go to:

1. William Gay
2. Tyrone Carter
3. St Le Beau
4. James Farrior
5. Ryan Clark

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2009, 03:35 PM
If it was about finger pointing you are abslutely right. Fingers, in order, go to:

1. William Gay
2. Tyrone Carter
3. St Le Beau
4. James Farrior
5. Ryan Clark

LeBeau gets the middle finger??? :lol:

Shoe
12-29-2009, 02:45 PM
If you take the word "valuable" in its most literal sense, then Troy Polamalu is clearly our defensive MVP, and perhaps the overall league MVP. How can you get any more valuable when your mere presence or absense results in a defense flip-flopping from "historically great" to "horrendously bad" :?:

Which does make the reason why Indy chose to rest it's guys make sense. If your season can hinge on one guy like that (and, it doesn't even have to be a quote-unquote star; teams are living, breathing organisms if you will--you just can't know how something will affect it), who can blame them for not risking injury.

Iron Shiek
12-29-2009, 05:18 PM

Which does make the reason why Indy chose to rest it's guys make sense. If your season can hinge on one guy like that (and, it doesn't even have to be a quote-unquote star; teams are living, breathing organisms if you will--you just can't know how something will affect it), who can blame them for not risking injury.

They shouldn't be practicing then. Players get hurt then too.

In fact, players should just stay in their bed and not walk around their homes either since they get hurt that way (Ron Artest of the NBA "falling" in his home).

Just be immobile vegetables for a few weeks.

costanza2k1
12-29-2009, 05:36 PM

I bashed him repeatedly early on by calling him Lamar Haggans...maybe he was out of shape early on, but he has turned on the funk as of late. Hope he keeps it up and hopefully we get into the playoffs with some sort of miracle and he continues his play. Seems to be a trend with Lamar though, every season he starts out slow and then turns it up...wonder what what his statline would look like if he consistently played throughout the year?

Shawn
12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
I think that the expectations of some here can be a bit unrealistic at times. Since week 10, Woodley has averaged more than a sack per game. I don't think that you can really expect anybody to perform at that kind of level for an entire season.

Exactly. But, according to many fans these LBs should have 30 sacks a year.

papillon
12-29-2009, 06:58 PM

Exactly. But, according to many fans these LBs should have 30 sacks a year.

Is this you SMG? If it is, good to see you back. if not, welcome aboard.

Pappy