PDA

View Full Version : Stokley ejected!

Djfan
12-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Man! The officials need to fix the lame issues on their end.

Scarletfire1970
12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
That was ridiculous. It isn't like he punched the guy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I fully support this decision regarding overt violence against the officials. Stop the madness!

Oh, do the Steelers benefit if the Donks lose? What a coincidence!

stlrz d
12-27-2009, 06:06 PM
What happened?

Djfan
12-27-2009, 06:10 PM
The refs missed an obvious PI call and stokely went to whine. When his whinning did nothing he flailed his arm and hit fingertips with the ref.

Very lame.

RussBII
12-27-2009, 06:22 PM
The refs missed an obvious PI call and stokely went to whine. When his whinning did nothing he flailed his arm and hit fingertips with the ref.

Very lame.

Yeah, it's lame. But the flag was enough, ejection a bit much... but the rules are very _very_ clear. You NEVER touch an official when arguing about something. Stokely was unable to control himself, ergo, he's out...

NC Steeler Fan
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Very lame.

Yeah, it's lame. But the flag was enough, ejection a bit much... but the rules are very _very_ clear. You NEVER touch an official when arguing about something. Stokely was unable to control himself, ergo, he's out...

I agree and it has nothing to do with the fact that his ejection benefits us.

You don't lash out PHYSICALLY at a ref, period. He was slapping at the guy like he
meant it and he connected. Doesn't matter how slight.

With all the blown calls over the years, imagine how much damage a 290 lb player could inflict on a defenseless, padless, helmetless ref if he went to punch him or, worse, throw
a block-like move on him.

It was not a lame call, it was plain stupid on Stokely's part.

Djfan
12-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm not taking sides on this at all. I just think that the refs need to clean up their calls so that these issues don't happen.

Scarletfire1970
12-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Maybe if you slap these guys around a little they will call better games.

jk
:lol:

Steel Life
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
The rule is clear, it's not a matter of degrees. Don't want it to happen?...then don't put yourself in that position.