PDA

View Full Version : Morelli

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2009, 05:44 PM
There were a few tongue-in-cheek references on the chat line to Morelli trying to make up for it (in reference to his being the head ref today, and all the calls that went against the Ravens), I had forgotten about his being involved in this, so I looked it up, here it is for those of you who didn't remember either. He was the guy that said Troy "DIDN'T" make the pic in the 2005 playoff game against the Colts.

http://ezinearticles.com/?NFL:-Pete-Mor ... &id=129479 (http://ezinearticles.com/?NFL:-Pete-Morelli-Should-Have-Upheld-Troy-Polamalus-Interception&id=129479)

NFL: Pete Morelli Should Have Upheld Troy Polamalu's Interception
By Proloy Bhattacharyya

The NFL admits that Pete Morelli made a mistake of reversing the interception made my Troy Polamalu. This coming from Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating.

According to the official, the rule of having to make a football move to establish a catch is only in effect if contact is made with a defensive player. Nobody had touched Troy Polamalu and there was a long enough amount of time established to call it an interception.

I say the NFL is not doing enough. There were several other plays that the officials should admit to wrongdoing. The false start play where both teams were drawn offsides and no call was made. The Steelers player twitched and therefore a false start should have been called on the Steelers but the officials did not see a false start on the Steelers. If this was the case, then they should have called the Colts offsides. But they did not, they blew the call.

There was also a pass interference penalty that should have been called against the Colts but was not. The NFL officials cost the Steelers 3 points on that play.

There is too much precedence of failure on the part of their officials that they need to start making changes.

2009 EzineArticles.com - All Rights Reserved Worldwide.

stlrz d
12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
/conspiracy alert

Today was nothing but make up calls!

//end conspiracy alert

:lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2009, 05:49 PM
/conspiracy alert

Today was nothing but make up calls!

//end conspiracy alert

:lol:

Except the non-call against the guy who tackled Holmes on Ben's "pic", but beyond that, absolutely!!

Carry on ...

stlrz d
12-27-2009, 05:51 PM
FYI, I was ripping the Ravens fans. Their forum is going nuts right now with threads about the officials.

Steelerphile
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
I thought he was the same guy; so, thanks for elucidating. It's expected reaction to me now, that every game the Steelers win, the battle-cry from the losing camp is always that the referees wanted the Steelers to win and helped them do so.

They can point to the fact there was a lopsided number of penalties called against the Ravens. From what I saw they appeared to be good calls. There was no clearly bad gift call to help the Steelers, like the Polamalu interception overturn, but they definitely got more.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2009, 05:54 PM
FYI, I was ripping the Ravens fans. Their forum is going nuts right now with threads about the officials.

U DA MAN!!!