PDA

View Full Version : NE beats TX next week and we win - are we in then?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2009, 05:14 PM
If Jets lose today?

NorCal-Steeler
12-27-2009, 05:16 PM
jets and broncos must lose

pfelix73
12-27-2009, 05:16 PM
YES. If NE beats the Texans and we win, we're in. As long as Denver loses today.

Another option would be to root for Oakland next week too. They play Baltimore and The Ravens are not a lock to win out in Oakland either. so, we have many options.

We have to win in Miami though.

:tt1

Wolfhound45
12-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Not trying to be a downer, but NE is already in. They have no incentive to play hard. Hope I am wrong, but I just do not see them putting forth any effort.

stlrz d
12-27-2009, 05:41 PM
I totally see Belichick mailing it in next week so we're out no matter what.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Would they perceive their seeding position to be better or worse if they beat the Texans?

Scarletfire1970
12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I am not sure that would be an easy game for the Patriots and their crappy secondary.

stlrz d
12-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Would they perceive their seeding position to be better or worse if they beat the Texans?

I think they're locked in.

I could be wrong though.

I still see 'em tanking it to keep us out.

Wolfhound45
12-27-2009, 05:49 PM

They have the edge over the Bengals for the 3rd seed. Would not show anything to a possible playoff opponent, regardless.

Shoe
12-27-2009, 06:05 PM
It makes no sense for the Cheaters* todo anything but protect their starters. If they win, they get a home game vs. Us. They lose, and they get the Texans at home (or whoever is the #6).

Who would you want?

Plus, HOU is actually hot and capable of putting up a fight anyway. Just save your bullets til it actually matters.

SteelAbility
12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
At this point NE's only motivation is get the 3 seed. The advantage would be avoiding IND until the AFCCG. If the 3 and 4 seeds advance, 4 goes to play IND.

Assuming DEN and NYJ lose today here's what we need ...

1. Win AND NE over HOU
2. Win AND HOU over NE AND OAK over BAL AND KC over DEN

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2009, 06:45 PM
At this point NE's only motivation is get the 3 seed. The advantage would be avoiding IND until the AFCCG. If the 3 and 4 seeds advance, 4 goes to play IND.

1. Win AND NE over HOU

That seems like HUGE motivation for NE* to win next week. I am very encouraged.

SteelAbility
12-27-2009, 07:02 PM

1. Win AND NE over HOU

That seems like HUGE motivation for NE* to win next week. I am very encouraged.

A bit tough to tell. Some consider SD the best team right now despite the 3 losses. They are winning big versus IND who has had 7 times where they have trailed in the 4thQ. The other factor is NE may actually prefer going to IND (1 hour west) versus to San Diego (3 hours west).

However, another motivation to go for the 3-seed is that if you win your first two and the 1-seed gets knocked off, then you host the AFCCG.

Another factor working in our favor is that NE holds the tie-break (for the 3-seed) over CIN. If CIN had the tie-break, then NE would be in a position where they play hard for the win but potentially come up with no reward if CIN beats the NYJ (particularly if NYJ lose this week, eliminating them from the playoffs and leaving them unmotivated in week 17 at CIN).

Iron Shiek
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
I've been in like three threads now and people are completely sold that we are out. Until it happens, I won't give up hope. I've seen stupider things happen. The Texans aren't some amazing team, the Cheaters can still beat them even if they bench a few people. And the Rats are not a lock over the Raiders...the team who has beaten us, Philly and other pretty good teams.

Playing with that Playoff generator, we'd need Jets to lose and Hou to lose next week.

Stupid Colts. (I'm banking on the Eagles to hold on in this game obviously.)

pfelix73
12-27-2009, 08:22 PM
With the Jets winning, we need the Bengals and Pats to both win. Pats hold the tie breaker over Cincy if they finish with same record. But yea, both teams could pull players late in the game.

Probably a long shot to make it now....

:Steel

Shoe
12-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Probably a long shot to make it now....

That's a long shot, especially when you consider that the two teams holding our destiny (assuming we win of course) HATE us.