PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu and Kemoeatu = Out

Pittsburgh
12-25-2009, 07:49 PM
The Steelers will be without strong safety Troy Polamalu and left guard Chris Kemoeatu when they play the Ravens at Heinz Field.

Polamalu (knee) did not practice all week and will miss his sixth consecutive game. Kemoeatu (wrist) will miss his second consecutive game. The two along with cornerback Keenan Lewis (back) have been ruled out of Sunday's 1 p.m. game between the AFC North rivals.

Outside linebacker James Harrison has been listed as questionable to play against the Ravens.

Harrison, who leads the Steelers with 10 sacks, didn't practice today because of a biceps injury.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 59478.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_659478.html)

Mister Pittsburgh
12-25-2009, 08:07 PM
John Clayton reported on ESPN that Ed Reed is doubtful so at least we even out there. I think he said their starting tackle is also listed as doubtful so Harrison will be going against a rookie if he starts. If Harrison doesn't go....could Fox play inside and bump Timmons outside? I really don't want to see Andre Frazier on the field.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-26-2009, 10:06 AM
:wft with Harrison? When did this sneak onto the injury report?

We need him badly against that rookie. We need Flacco enjoying views of at the beautiful blue Pittsburgh sky as much as possible tomorrow.

Shoe
12-26-2009, 02:46 PM
PUT POLAMALU ON IR THEN... IF HE Can Not/Will Not play this weekend's game, he cannot play next week.

And if he's not healthy enough to play next week (on an injury he was supposed to be back from already, and that the MRI shows nothing) then... no player with that level of pain threshold will be worth a $hit anyway in subsequent, playing on that leg. I mean, he's no Hines Ward when it comes to pain management that's pretty clear.

Shut him down, and get him ready for '10.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-26-2009, 03:14 PM
PUT POLAMALU ON IR THEN... IF HE Can Not/Will Not play this weekend's game, he cannot play next week.

And if he's not healthy enough to play next week (on an injury he was supposed to be back from already, and that the MRI shows nothing) then... no player with that level of pain threshold will be worth a $hit anyway in subsequent, playing on that leg. I mean, he's no Hines Ward when it comes to pain management that's pretty clear.

I disagree...if he can practice and play vs. Miami, I want to see him in the lineup...And even if he can't make that game, if by some miracle we should make the playoffs, I sure want to see him playing then, if possible. Our secondary needs all the help it can get.

And with all due respect, a knee injury and a hamstring are a couple of entirely different animals (and I'm as disappointed as anyone that Troy isn't playing).

Shoe
12-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I disagree...if he can practice and play vs. Miami, I want to see him in the lineup...And even if he can't make that game, if by some miracle we should make the playoffs, I sure want to see him playing then, if possible. Our secondary needs all the help it can get.

And with all due respect, a knee injury and a hamstring are a couple of entirely different animals (and I'm as disappointed as anyone that Troy isn't playing).

You know, truthfully: I would too ("want to see him in the lineup")... I'm speaking more out of frustration/desperation more than anything else. I am disappointed in his seeming unwillingness to strap it up for the team (and I know it's kinda unfair to say how he feels, etc... sorry--just being honest).

And for the record, Hines has played with an injured knee too.
My point is that: a) I think we will all agree that Troy (while we all love his playmaking ability) isn't challenging Mike Webster or Hines Ward when it comes to playing with pain, and b) if that is the case (that he can't block out the injury effectively), then what is the point? He won't make the impact plays that we need, and so playing him (i.e. risking him) wouldn't make a lot of sense.

cruzer8
12-26-2009, 03:43 PM

I can't disagree more.