PDA

View Full Version : Troy's MRI positive

JAR
12-23-2009, 07:00 PM
won't see him this week, but it looks like Hines is playing.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Is there any way anyone can know if it was SO positive that he won't be back for Miami, or later?

Flasteel
12-23-2009, 07:41 PM
won't see him this week, but it looks like Hines is playing.

Sounds pretty negative to me.

calmkiller
12-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Wait.....Positive is bad. Negative is good. So did you mean that its bad?

JAR
12-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I should have said, .....from the text. Troy's MRI positive but it seems as though he won't be ready for the Raven's.

But, on KDKA tonight, Troy himself didn't say if he would be in or out. Maybe a little gamesmanship for Unibrow and the rest of the Rats.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I should have said, .....from the text. Troy's MRI positive but it seems as though he won't be ready for the Raven's.

But, on KDKA tonight, Troy himself didn't say if he would be in or out. Maybe a little gamesmanship for Unibrow and the rest of the Rats.

I'm too confused. "Positive" means "bad" with medical stuff.

Was his MRI bad? Or good? Link?

SteelCrazy
12-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Steelers safety Polamalu unlikely to play against Ravens

Troy Polamalu, who has missed the last five games with a strained posterior collateral ligament in his left knee, looks like a long shot at best to play Sunday against the visiting Ravens.

The news is more encouraging for the Steelers' beat-up wide receiving corps as Hines Ward and Mike Wallace both said they will play in the 1 p.m. game.

Polamalu recently had an MRI taken on the knee that he has injured twice this season and said the results were "encouraging." He didn't sound optimistic about returning to the field for the must-win game for the Steelers.

Polamalu is not practicing today and he said he doesn't anticipate practicing this week. When asked if he needs to practice on the knee before playing a game, the five-time Pro Bowler said, "I would think so."

Polamalu said last week that he hoped to return for the Steelers' regular-season finale on Jan. 3 in Miami.

Ward re-aggravated a hamstring injury in the Steelers' 37-36 win against the Packers last Sunday. Before practice today he said, "I'll be fine. I'm not missing this (game) for the world."

Wallace said he too will play against the Ravens despite sustaining a laceration on his right knee last Sunday.

Wallace caught a pair of touchdown passes against the Packers, including a 19-yarder on the final play of the game.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 59153.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_659153.html)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like he isn't playing against the Ravens.

Shoe
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
In other words, the MRI on Polamalu's knee doesn't show anything structurally (bone, cartilage, ligaments, muscle) that the doctors saw.

It's funny... I simply question whether the Troy the Great should try and strap it up--and people get all defensive about it. (...when this kinda shows that structurally, it wasn't a prohibitive condition on his knee.)

Imagine if someone like Casey Hampton, Max Starks, Limas Sweed chose to miss games under the same circumstance--I wonder whether people would be calling them out, etc.

I realize that MRI's don't tell the whole story, and I know that the knee is a complex joint. And I'm not anti-Troy (quite the opposite). It just struck me (and it's interesting considering five years ago, Troy was definitely one of those I wouldn't have pegged as a golden boy type.)

stlrz d
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
In other words, the MRI on Polamalu's knee doesn't show anything structurally (bone, cartilage, ligaments, muscle) that the doctors saw.

It's funny... I simply question whether the Troy the Great should try and strap it up--and people get all defensive about it. (...when this kinda shows that structurally, it wasn't a prohibitive condition on his knee.)

Imagine if someone like Casey Hampton, Max Starks, Limas Sweed chose to miss games under the same circumstance--I wonder whether people would be calling them out, etc.

I realize that MRI's don't tell the whole story, and I know that the knee is a complex joint. And I'm not anti-Troy (quite the opposite). It just struck me (and it's interesting considering five years ago, Troy was definitely one of those I wouldn't have pegged as a golden boy type.)

The story says the results were "encouraging". Where does it say there is no damage?

You didn't peg Troy as a golden boy type because he's not. Go with your first instinct...on that one at least. ;)

Mel Blount's G
12-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Stay out for the last two. Rehab that thing properly Troy. And, let's find out who is servicable and who is ready to clean out his locker on this defense. Get some solid draft notes typed up from these last 2 games

Mister Pittsburgh
12-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I would let him sit until the playoffs. If we get in, what a boost heading to Cincinnatti to whoop up on them and spoil their year. If we don't get in, then he won't have a chance to reinjure the damn thing which means he can rehab the hell out of it starting with day 1 of the offseason and be ready to go in teh spring.

SteelTorch
12-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Right, there's no such thing as a Madden curse. :stirpot