PDA

View Full Version : Some Encouraging Positives

NorthCoast
12-22-2009, 06:54 PM
The last game had some positive signs.

1) Special teams -
haven't been a positive for a while, but no returns for huge gains (long, 25 yds). This unit will likely need revamped next season and it should start with the ST coach. Not sure Logan is the answer but he is the best we have had since Randle El. This team could do oh so much more!

2) Offensive playcalling - someone must have put a bug in Arians' sphincter because there was signs of creativity with the RB screen to Moore, a couple of tosses to Mendenhall, the Logan run, a draw play, and Wallace running a seam route.

3) Ramon Foster - played well...can he play on the right side for Essex? The blitz pick up was pretty good against GB...they have talent at LB in Hawk and Matthews. Starks had it rough but the RBs did decently in support later in the game (or maybe GB was gassed from rushing on 46 plays...).

4) Farrior - he is better rushing than covering and we saw much more of that against GB. Overload blitzes to one side had GB befuddled for a while anyway. Glad to see the aggressive calls, would rather go down swinging. Those that say Rodgers had all day, not sure what you were watching. I timed a few passes and he had the ball out in under 3 secs.

5) Hampton - is this renewed vigor contract adrenaline? Still not sure we sign him long term unless he takes a home team discount but GB game was arguably one of his best this season.

pick6
12-22-2009, 07:05 PM
i agree especially about BA. his red zone passes that were designed with blocking down field were excellent. one went for a td the other was called back on a suspect off PI on miller. but it was a great idea. they just require near perfect timing and execution but i like to see it. and logan in the flat was nice.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I am wondering if Ramon Foster can play RT next year.

Lebsteel
12-22-2009, 11:38 PM
I am wondering if Ramon Foster can play RT next year.

He is listed as the backup for Colon. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe we will have Urbik at RG and Foster at RT? I sure hope Urbik can step up next year because I'd hate to see us whiff on our second pick in the last two drafts. (Not counting out Sweed, yet, but, I'd love to see he and Urbik getting major action next year).