PDA

View Full Version : Vulnerable?

pick6
12-22-2009, 06:31 PM
well guys the playoffs start now. if you were the ravens what would you do offensively. first farrior is really a hair to slow right now. the ravens will try to find ray rice isolated with farrior and scorch us all day long until we make an adjustment. rice has become flaccos safety net and we have to take this away. farrior and carter should not be on the field for third and long. they will not cut it in space right now. we're going to have to see what mundy and fox can do. i say we hit rice hard before he can leave the backfield or at least know that this guy is going to get 10 looks in the passing game.

Offensively, we are in a good situation. hopefully ward is well rested but the ravens will be looking for us to pass. listen closely, if we are willing to run out of formations that we usually pass from, then they cant stop us. the problem is that BA will pass from any formation but will only run from a known run set. no empty sets in this game and run with 3 wides in the game. this will slow down the blitz (which is coming) and open up the pass(not thsat we need it). We got this!!!!!

NW Steeler
12-22-2009, 06:40 PM
I think everyone on this board has been screaming for the end of the empty backfield for 3 years now. Arians apparently doesn't value our opinion! I wish we had alternatives to Farrior and Carter, but it doesn't appear that the coaching staff believes that we do.

pick6
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
yeah i guess you are right but i just dont want this rice kid to catch 12 passes for 140 yards WHEN WE KNOW ITS COMING!!!!!!!!!! the other thing i just thought of is that the ravens use the unbalanced line and we have yet to solve it. it sounds funny saying this but our best def. might be a great offense with long sustained drives

NW Steeler
12-22-2009, 06:56 PM
it sounds funny saying this but our best def. might be a great offense with long sustained drives

Now that would be a novel concept!! Imagine the Steelers actually controlling TOP?! That was the "old" Steelers.....
But you are right on both counts, I just won't hold my breath. No matter, we HAVE to beat the RATS!!

:ratsuck

Mister Pittsburgh
12-22-2009, 07:23 PM
yeah i guess you are right but i just dont want this rice kid to catch 12 passes for 140 yards WHEN WE KNOW ITS COMING!!!!!!!!!! the other thing i just thought of is that the ravens use the unbalanced line and we have yet to solve it. it sounds funny saying this but our best def. might be a great offense with long sustained drives

Worse than that, the only WR they throw to is Derrick Mason yet he kills us nearly every game.

feltdizz
12-23-2009, 03:00 AM

Worse than that, the only WR they throw to is Derrick Mason yet he kills us nearly every game.

i thought i heard them say Mason had his first TD catch ever against us last game

frankthetank1
12-23-2009, 09:08 AM

except for the last ravens game clayton had a huge game. of course william gay was covering him so that is to be expected. pathetic

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2009, 02:19 PM

except for the last ravens game clayton had a huge game. of course william gay was covering him so that is to be expected. pathetic

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200906/gaymug0611_160.jpg

makes

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/fantasy/07/03/thirdyear.wrs/t1_clayton_si.jpg

look like

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YvNBaC9SgCI/Sdzl8AxQ3gI/AAAAAAAAAc4/JzVf-lXjcWs/s400/Copy+of+Copy+of+Mark+Clayton+12.jpg

Slapstick
12-23-2009, 03:23 PM
The Steelers haven't solved the unbalanced line?

What is the definition of success against the unbalanced line?

The Steelers have held the Ravens under 4 YpC the last four times they have played, including the playoff game...

flippy
12-23-2009, 04:31 PM
The Steelers should blitz Farrior on every play. It's his bread and butter now.

SteelAbility
12-23-2009, 05:04 PM
I think we would do well to "draw" up :wink: some plays for Dixon on 3rd and short. We also have to gamble a bit. It's time to start being more ballsy on 4th down. Converting on 4th down is much higher percentage than people think. Convert one or two of those and we can achieve exhaustion/demoralization all in "one motion."

NorthCoast
12-23-2009, 05:08 PM
The Steelers should blitz Farrior on every play. It's his bread and butter now.

I agree flip. He may not get there often but he is good enough to mess with Flacco's rhythm.