PDA

View Full Version : The Hoisting

pick6
12-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I know I know im getting a little ahead of myself but i cant help it. Guys we're going to the superbowl so just learn to deal with it. It will be the greatest single season in steelers history which by deduction makes it the greatest season in nfl history. im just working on a fitting title for the season. "The Hoisting", as in the lombardi, seems most appropriate. This is going to be the best ride ever starting this week with the ravens. It might be rough but we pull it out in the end. Thoughts?

NW Steeler
12-22-2009, 07:31 PM
My thought is that you are extremely optimistic, all things considered. But it isn't over till' the fat lady sings, right??
If we get into the playoffs, then we can start talking!

:ratsuck

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I thought everyone already agreed upon either "Stairway to Seven" or "Seventh Heaven" or "Seven Deadly Wins" or something along those lines...

Iron Shiek
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
How about just "Seven." Then instead of Gweneth patlrow's head in a box, it can be Bruce Arians'....

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
How about just "Seven." Then instead of Gweneth patlrow's head in a box, it can be Bruce Arians'....

Then instead of Brad Pitt shooting Kevin Spacey in the head, he gives him a hug. :lol:

SteelAbility
12-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I know I know im getting a little ahead of myself but i cant help it. Guys we're going to the superbowl so just learn to deal with it. It will be the greatest single season in steelers history which by deduction makes it the greatest season in nfl history. im just working on a fitting title for the season. "The Hoisting", as in the lombardi, seems most appropriate. This is going to be the best ride ever starting this week with the ravens. It might be rough but we pull it out in the end. Thoughts?

Hey, I'm optimistic. But whatever you're smoking I want to try some of that!! :P

It's either going to be the hoisting of another Lombardi or the hoisting of personnel to be cut, that's for sure. :wink:

papillon
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
If the Steelers are hosting the Lombardi in February it will be because of divine intervention or some other cataclysmic occurrence. While I believe they may make it into the tournament, I can't see them winning a game with or without Troy. Clark, Carter, Gay and Taylor have gotten progressively worse as the season has unfolded. The Grren Bay game was the absolute worst cluster F**k of coverage I have ever seen by any team with any record in the NFL.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2009, 02:22 PM
If the Steelers are hosting the Lombardi in February it will be because of divine intervention or some other cataclysmic occurrence. While I believe they may make it into the tournament, I can't see them winning a game with or without Troy. Clark, Carter, Gay and Taylor have gotten progressively worse as the season has unfolded. The Grren Bay game was the absolute worst cluster F**k of coverage I have ever seen by any team with any record in the NFL.

Pappy

Actually (and amazingly), Green Bay had a worse time covering our receivers than we had covering theirs.

RKSteel
12-23-2009, 04:45 PM

Pappy :Agree
I would love nothing better than seeing the Steelers competing for #7 come February. Realistically, could this defense stop a passing attack like the Saints? I'm not so sure.

NW Steeler
12-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Maybe, MAYBE with a healthy Troy. Without him? No way.

SidSmythe
12-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Maybe, MAYBE with a healthy Troy. Without him? No way.

I'd almost hate to see Troy come back and all the sudden we are the greatest defense in the NFL. It would bother me knowing that our success is based on one guy. But if that's what it takes, I'll accept it and worry about it next year.

Sugar
12-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Didn't Indy kind of have the opposite problem in their SB year? They couldn't stop the run to save their lives and teams were running all over them left and right. They got healed up a bit after limping into the playoffs and ended up winning the whole enchilada.

Yeah, it could happen... :wink:

papillon
12-23-2009, 11:24 PM

Pappy

Actually (and amazingly), Green Bay had a worse time covering our receivers than we had covering theirs.

The stats say that, but, I still think the Packers defense had a better chance of stopping us than the Steelers did stopping them. That's ignoring the stats and giving my opinion of what I saw in the game. The final drive was on the verge of being stopped 3 or 4 times, costly penalties and couple throws and catches that I wouldn't want to have to make on a regular basis and the Steelers get the win. Heath's catch and Wallace's catch in the same drive is miraculous. The throw on Heath's had zero room for error and Ben hit it. could he do it again? Yes, but how many times would he have to try while under pressure?

Pappy