PDA

View Full Version : Nicely done FWP

stlrz d
12-22-2009, 01:33 AM
http://www.centredaily.com/news/state/s ... 92340.html (http://www.centredaily.com/news/state/story/1692340.html)

:Clap

fordfixer
12-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Very nice :tt1 :tt1

Jooser
12-22-2009, 08:42 AM
In a year where FWP lost his starting role to a more talented back, he could be full of scrooge-like bitterness. Instead, we see this. Way to go, way to go! :Clap

frankthetank1
12-22-2009, 08:45 AM
what a class act parker is. there is no player more grounded and humble than parker. well maybe troy. i have always been a parker fan and always will be

Slapstick
12-22-2009, 08:57 AM
And these are the stories that mean a lot to me...

Stories where the athlete's agent didn't call ESPN for the positive press...

That makes me enjoy it even more...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Things like this really make it hard to say good bye to a guy who needs to move on. Very touching to see a guy like that give back to his hometown community.

proudpittsburgher
12-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Anyone else like the way FWP is running in a backup role? Hitting the holes harder, never hesitating? Seriously, if they can find a way to make it work, I would love to have a tandem backfield. And with moore as the third-down back, pretty good backfield if you ask me.

SteelHead
12-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Anyone else like the way FWP is running in a backup role? Hitting the holes harder, never hesitating? Seriously, if they can find a way to make it work, I would love to have a tandem backfield. And with moore as the third-down back, pretty good backfield if you ask me.

Totally agree. Willie looks healthy and appears to have learned something watching Mendy hit the holes and makes plays. You could really tell even with very limited carries that he's playing differently. I'd love to keep Parker as our #2 for a reasonable price.

phillyesq
12-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Very classy move by Parker. He has really been the epitome of class all year.

papillon
12-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I've said that all along about Parker. He's a Steeler type of player. Our oldest son has his fathead up in his room. He (our son) says, "Regardless of what happens with Willie, the fathead stays."

Pappy

cruzer8
12-22-2009, 12:56 PM

He's always run hard when he's healthy. Just take a look on youtube and you'll see plenty of plays where he does.

Love FWP!

flippy
12-22-2009, 12:58 PM
He's still a nice changeup back. And I'm waiting for him to break off some big runs.

Completely different style than Mendy. Mendy is patient and lets blocks develop. Parker hits the hole much more quickly. We should see them switch it up more. Parker's still a good back when healthy. I'd like to see him stay.