PDA

View Full Version : Sweed done for the year

steelerkeylargo
12-22-2009, 12:15 AM
he has been placed on non football injury IR. Jared retofsky was signed to take Greg Warrens spot who is also out for the year. Retofsky did a nice job replacing Warren last year.

SidSmythe
12-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Just when it looked like SWEED was going to breakout, this has to happen. Unbelievable!!! Someone better step up big time in taking his spot or we can kiss this season goodbye

Pittsburgh
12-22-2009, 12:34 AM
IMO, it might as well read "Sweed done as a Steeler".

Frankly, I don't care about Sweed's height or how athletic he happens to be or how fast he can run or what he accomplished back in college. He's not getting it done at the pro level and you can't teach a guy how to catch a football. What good does that height and speed do for us if he can't catch the ball?

Thankfully Wallace is actually taking advantage of the opporunities given to him this season. That will sort of cushion the blow of having to eventually watch us flush a second round pick down the toilet. I say draft a WR in the third or fourth round or sign a FA. It can't be any worse than having to watch Sweed.

phillyesq
12-22-2009, 12:34 AM
I wonder if the Steelers look to add McDonald to the roster, or if they add somebody else and sign a young WR to the practice squad. Ward, Holmes, Wallace and Griffin are the only 4 receivers on the roster right now, with none on the PS. I'd think they'd want another guy just to make it through practice if nothing else, but who knows.

DHSF
12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
The Steelers will give Sweed one more pre-season to develop. If he doesn't show anything by then, he is done. I don't think that they have completely given up on him.

sd steel
12-22-2009, 12:58 AM

Frankly, I don't care about Sweed's height or how athletic he happens to be or how fast he can run or what he accomplished back in college. He's not getting it done at the pro level and you can't teach a guy how to catch a football. What good does that height and speed do for us if he can't catch the ball?

Thankfully Wallace is actually taking advantage of the opporunities given to him this season. That will sort of cushion the blow of having to eventually watch us flush a second round pick down the toilet. I say draft a WR in the third or fourth round or sign a FA. It can't be any worse than having to watch Sweed.

Yeah, great call. He's dropped like 3 balls.

Pittsburgh
12-22-2009, 01:21 AM
The Steelers will give Sweed one more pre-season to develop. If he doesn't show anything by then, he is done. I don't think that they have completely given up on him.

I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. :wink:

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him in camp and given another opportunity to show that he is capable of dropping passes that hit him in the hands during clutch moments of a ball game.

AkronSteel
12-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Wow.....Sweed actually caught something this year!!! :P

In reality I expect the guy to come to camp next year and compete for a job with Grisham and anyone else that we bring in to work out the 4th and 5th receiver spots!!! I think the top 3 are probably out of reach for just about anyone unless we draft just an absolute stud in the late rounds!!!!

Starlifter
12-22-2009, 01:35 AM
sweed will be back next year. he would have to be the worst WR by far in camp to get cut.

sd steel
12-22-2009, 01:49 AM

I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. :wink:

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him in camp and given another opportunity to show that he is capable of dropping passes that hit him in the hands during clutch moments of a ball game.

Sweed if given the chance will be fine. He needs some confidence, and at least he tries to catch the ball with his hands instead of his body. And I can see you are a big Pittsburgh fan, but after looking at your sig, why hate on the Pirates? Yes they suck now, but Clemente, Stargel, Parker and the Candyman were champions....don't discount it.

Pittsburgh
12-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Sweed if given the chance will be fine. He needs some confidence, and at least he tries to catch the ball with his hands instead of his body.

While I respect your opinion, I'm not holding my breath on Sweed. I guess only time will tell unfortunately.

And I can see you are a big Pittsburgh fan,

That's definately a safe assumption.

but after looking at your sig, why hate on the Pirates? Yes they suck now, but Clemente, Stargel, Parker and the Candyman were champions....

I continue to watch and support the Pirates on a yearly basis even though I have absolutely zero faith in ownership and management. Frankly, I think I reserve the right to poke fun at them whenever I please.

Eitherway, my signature is a little bit of harmless fun. I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Hell, it's very mild in comparison to what is said about that organization on a yearly basis throughout the country.

don't discount it.

I do not nor have I have ever discounted what that organization did thirty years ago. I'm well aware of what all of my hometown teams have accomplished in the past.

Slapstick
12-22-2009, 08:23 AM
That sucks for Sweed...

I imagine it was aggravating to have to watch guys like Joe Burnett screw up time and time again and continue to receive opportunities while he was villified and benched for dropping a pass...

I hope he's back next year...

Jooser
12-22-2009, 08:36 AM
That sucks for Sweed...

I imagine it was aggravating to have to watch guys like Joe Burnett screw up time and time again and continue to receive opportunities while he was villified and benched for dropping a pass...

I hope he's back next year...

Not sure if Sweed was "vilified" so much by the coaches as much as Wallace just simply stepped in and has been stellar. Sweed's uphill battle turned into a canyon with the onset of Wallace, IMHO....Joos

Slapstick
12-22-2009, 08:40 AM
He was villified by fans....

Yes, he dropped a pass against Cincinnati that people still complain about...

Bruce Gradkowski hit Joe Burnett in the chest with a pass two plays before Oakland scored the winning TD in Pittsburgh and people don't say squat...

It's ridiculous...

Apparently, Sweed had actually improved:

Nov. 20 - "He's done it in practice. He's earned the right to get back out on the field," coordinator Bruce Arians said. "I have confidence in him, but we're not going to take Heath [Miller] out to put a fourth wideout in right now, especially with the zone blitz packages we're seeing. He just has to bide his time."

He should be back...

Jooser
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm not saying he shouldn't get a chance to come back, after all, Hines isn't gonna play forever.

BTW, who cares if fans vilify him or not. They don't make the calls on who comes back or not, the coaches do. I don't think the coaches are ready to necessarily give up on him, it's just that right now Wallace is hands down the better option.

-Joos out

Slapstick
12-22-2009, 08:55 AM
I guess I shouldn't care what fans say or do...

I just hate willful ignorance in all of its various forms...

I apologize...

Merry Christmas...

Jooser
12-22-2009, 09:20 AM
You're forgiven. :lol:

...and Happy New Year from Jooser's Bulldog Farm! :D

frankthetank1
12-22-2009, 09:40 AM
i really hope the steelers havent given up on a second year player who was a 2nd round pick. that would be a waste. i really dont have much hope for sweed but you never know. he could turn it around. i would hate to see him making big plays in the future on another team

SteelAbility
12-22-2009, 10:09 AM

Yeah, great call. He's dropped like 3 balls.

The problem is a perception problem. He has dropped balls on two HUGE plays. The first was in the AFCCG. The Ravens had a drive at the end down 3. A TD takes the lead. Without Sweed's drop, we have a cushion. The other huge drop was in our first game against CIN. Again, that would have given us more cushion. It probably would have pounded CIN into the ground and prevented any comeback given the demoralization factor involved.

If we had that game against CIN, we'd be at 8-6 along with them, in control of our own playoff future and in position to win the AFCN. Now we have to win out and sweat all kinds combinational help to get in.

SteelAbility
12-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Sweed's margin of error is down to near zero. Any more big drops and he's gone as a Steeler. He's had his chances and so far he's choked.

MeetJoeGreene
12-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Doesn't anyone else find this really strange?

They haven't been eliminated from playoff contention (yet).

this means that even if they make the playoffs, sweed can't be avail.

It is just odd to me - it smells like more than a flu thing.

SteelAbility
12-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Doesn't anyone else find this really strange?

They haven't been eliminated from playoff contention (yet).

this means that even if they make the playoffs, sweed can't be avail.

It is just odd to me - it smells like more than a flu thing.

Available for what? :roll: Another big drop in a crucial situation?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Interesting. Hope it isn't true but they say they have a "source".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3125 ... e-steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/312566-is-limas-sweed-so-frustrated-he-is-quitting-the-steelers)
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsbur ... ns-unknown (http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m12d21-Sweed-out-for-season-for-reasons-unknown)

Is Limas Sweed So Frustrated He Is Quitting the Steelers? by Alan Shimel

Contributor Written on December 21, 2009

The Steelers made two personnel moves today. One was expected, the other while many had hoped for was not expected. First of all long snapper Greg Warren was placed on the IR due to a torn ACL suffered on the winning extra point in this weeks Green Bay game. Secondly, Limas Sweed was placed on the reserve/non-football illness list.

Sweed missed the last two games with an undisclosed illness, but I like many of you assumed it was some sort of flu or something. Nothing to keep him out for the rest of the season. But according to unnamed sources in this Pittsburgh Sports Examiner article, he has been home sick but also just not happy with his play this season!

Hey, he isn't the only one not happy with his play this season. To be fair, after he dropped the sure touchdown the pressure on him has been harsh. I am sure as a professional athlete he is very disappointed watching Mike Wallace pass him by. But has it gotten to the point that he wants to quit?

Do we have another Vince Young situation right here on the Steelers? I for one am of the opinion that Sweed has all of the natural talent in the world. One day a receiver tandem of Wallace and Sweed could be as good or better than Ward and Plexico was. But now I am not sure we will ever get the chance to see.

Maybe the best thing for Limas is to take the rest of the year off and come back healthy and strong for next year.

Sweed out for season for reasons unknown
December 21, 8:14 PM Pittsburgh Sports Examiner Matt PawlikowskiPrevious

Limas Sweed has been placed on the reserve.non injured for unknown reasons.
AP FILE PHOTOPITTSBURGH - The Steelers announced today that long snapper Greg Warren and wide receiver Limas Sweed will miss the remainder of the season.

Warren, a fifth-year pro, has been placed on the Reserve/Injured list with a right knee injury after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) on the final play of Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers.

He signed a three-year, $2.3 million contract with the Steelers in 2008.

Second-year wide receiver Sweed has been placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness list. No further information has been released by the team, but sources have said he has been home sick and not happy with his play this season.

The Steelers will add two players to complete their 53-man roster prior to Sunday’s 1 p.m. regular season home finale against the Baltimore Ravens.

Jared Retkofsky , who replaced Warren last season, and was in camp this summer could be heading back to Pittsburgh according to one league source. He is currently playing in the United Football League with the New York Sentinals. He was the Steelers long snapper in Super Bowl XLIII.

papillon
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Sweed's margin of error is down to near zero. Any more big drops and he's gone as a Steeler. He's had his chances and so far he's choked.

And, Burnett? Drops the game winner versus Oakland and then gets torched late against Green Bay to give the Pack the lead. Does he have a margin of error near zero? The only thing that Sweed has done that upset me was feigning injury after the drop and costing the Steelers a timeout. Other than that, he needs to play, hopefully, he'll come back nect year ready to play.

Pappy

Jooser
12-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Pappy, what the hell does this have to do with Burnette? Nothing. Sweed's performance is what it is, regardless of the relative performance of others. The difference is that we have three very damn good WRs in Hines, Holmes, and Wallace. Sweed's margin of error is thus rendered miniscule by comparison.

Perhaps Sweed's illness is that he's just sick and tired of being sick and tired...happens.

papillon
12-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Pappy, what the hell does this have to do with Burnette? Nothing. Sweed's performance is what it is, regardless of the relative performance of others. The difference is that we have three very damn good WRs in Hines, Holmes, and Wallace. Sweed's margin of error is thus rendered miniscule by comparison.

Perhaps Sweed's illness is that he's just sick and tired of being sick and tired...happens.

Burnett is another young guy struggling and he's struggling at important times of two games and there isn't any outcry about his play or him being a bust. They both need to play, I just don't understand why everyone jumps on Sweed's @ss for important drops, but have given Burnett a pass for two equally important bad plays.

Personally, I'm not prepared to give up on either as I believe they can both be good players in this league, but you don't just jettison them for big mistakes.

Ward will not be a Steeler player forever (and Holmes is going to want a big payday) and the Steelers are going to need to replace Ward and possibly Holmes. I believe that guy is already a Steeler and simply needs to play. If he plays and continues to drop balls then, by all means let him go. He hasn't played enough to know if his issues are permanent or correctable.

Pappy

SteelAbility
12-22-2009, 11:54 AM

Burnett is another young guy struggling and he's struggling at important times of two games and there isn't any outcry about his play or him being a bust. They both need to play, I just don't understand why everyone jumps on Sweed's @ss for important drops, but have given Burnett a pass for two equally important bad plays.

Personally, I'm not prepared to give up on either as I believe they can both be good players in this league, but you don't just jettison them for big mistakes.

Ward will not be a Steeler player forever (and Holmes is going to want a big payday) and the Steelers are going to need to replace Ward and possibly Holmes. I believe that guy is already a Steeler and simply needs to play. If he plays and continues to drop balls then, by all means let him go. He hasn't played enough to know if his issues are permanent or correctable.

Pappy

The problem is that these big mistakes have not only been easy plays but remarkably huge. The coaching spends hours thinking of ways to get players into position to make plays. When easy plays go wrong, months of off-season hard work can go down the drain. Right now, Sweed's drop in CIN has put us into a "need help" situation. Burnett's drop, the same. With those two easy and simple plays, we would virtually have a playoff spot locked and would be 9-5, only needing to win out to win the division.

You are right about Burnett. He had an easy INT drop against OAK, right into his chest. His body language indicated he was thinking run after the catch, which was absolutely ret*rded given the situation. If he was thinking catch first, it was game over and we control our own playoff destiny.

papillon
12-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Pappy

The problem is that these big mistakes have not only been easy plays but remarkably huge. The coaching spends hours thinking of ways to get players into position to make plays. When easy plays go wrong, months of off-season hard work can go down the drain. Right now, Sweed's drop in CIN has put us into a "need help" situation. Burnett's drop, the same. With those two easy and simple plays, we would virtually have a playoff spot locked and would be 9-5, only needing to win out to win the division.

You are right about Burnett. He had an easy INT drop against OAK, right into his chest. His body language indicated he was thinking run after the catch, which was absolutely ret*rded given the situation. If he was thinking catch first, it was game over and we control our own playoff destiny.

Exactly, and I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water because of these mistakes. Sweed, obviously, has less leeway than Burnett, he's a higher pick and has an extra year in the league. He needs to improve next year (his third and final of his contract, I think) or I'll be all for releasing him and letting him get on with his life's work. He gets open easily, can make tough catches (based on this year's pre-season), and he seems like a physical receiver, so it would be a shame to give up without seeing a more complete picture.

Burnett, makes a good break on the ball, needs a little help with technique it seems and seems to be a good tackler, giving up on him would be just as ludicrous without a more complete picture. His picture may come into focus over the next two games and possibly more if the Steelers can somehow stop the bleeding on defense.

Pappy

JAR
12-22-2009, 12:03 PM
For an illness to end your season, it has to be pretty significant. I think everyone should hold off on the jokes about Limas until we find out what's really going on. I mean, if it turns out to be a serious illness, won't you all feel like crap poking fun at the guy?

ikestops85
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Unless Limas has a really bad attitude he will be back with the Steelers in training camp. The guy has too many physical attributes to give up on him yet. I'm not a fan of his so far but I hope to be in the near future. This receiving corp would be one of the best in the league if he ever gets his head on straight.

You never know when the light bulb is going to go on for a guy like Sweed but when it does watch out. I know I'm probably dreaming but he could turn out to be a Chris Carter type of guy. I'm sure the Eagles regret giving up on Carter and I don't want the Steelers to feel the same about Sweed.

Since Wallace has progressed so fast we have the time to wait and see with Limas. He can still be the receiver we thought we drafted.

flippy
12-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Wonder if we'll see Logan get some chances at WR?

Oviedo
12-22-2009, 12:54 PM

And, Burnett? Drops the game winner versus Oakland and then gets torched late against Green Bay to give the Pack the lead. Does he have a margin of error near zero? The only thing that Sweed has done that upset me was feigning injury after the drop and costing the Steelers a timeout. Other than that, he needs to play, hopefully, he'll come back nect year ready to play.

Pappy

Given that you are so willing to give up on a rookie who is getting only his second game of significant playing experience by using the same metric we should have gotten rid of Ike Taylor years ago, never signed Ryan Clark, never kept Bryant McFadden, dump Keenan Lewis right now, send Deshea Townsend out to the glue factory, etc., etc.

Burnett played no worse than any other player in both secondaries on Sunday. Charles Woodson actually had a worse day and they are talking about Defensive Player of the Year for him. The field was terrible for the DBs and they were all slipping when trying to make cuts which is why boith QBs had huge days.

Hopefully that is why we pass our butts off versus the Ravens because their defensive backfield is worse than the Packers or ours.

cruzer8
12-22-2009, 03:03 PM

Pappy

Given that you are so willing to give up on a rookie who is getting only his second game of significant playing experience by using the same metric we should have gotten rid of Ike Taylor years ago, never signed Ryan Clark, never kept Bryant McFadden, dump Keenan Lewis right now, send Deshea Townsend out to the glue factory, etc., etc.

Burnett played no worse than any other player in both secondaries on Sunday. Charles Woodson actually had a worse day and they are talking about Defensive Player of the Year for him. The field was terrible for the DBs and they were all slipping when trying to make cuts which is why boith QBs had huge days.

Hopefully that is why we pass our butts off versus the Ravens because their defensive backfield is worse than the Packers or ours.

Looks like he is just applying some logic to this discussion.

Just an observation.

papillon
12-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Pappy

I never said I was giving up on Burnett, quite the contrary. It may not be in this thread, but somewhere I stated that both Sweed and Burnett need to see more playing time before any decisions can really be made. Playing no worse than any other player in the secondary is hardly an endorsement.

Sweed has two game changing drops that everyone harps and they happened in two separate years. Burnett made two bad game changing plays within 2 weeks of each other. I want him to succeed, because, it's fairly obvious that Willie Gay is a good nickel or dime corner and nothing else.

The same as I want Sweed to succeed, Ward is getting on in years and Holmes is going to want a King's ransom (and he'll get it from someone), so, the Steelers need Sweed to develop and be the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him.

I just don't get the hate for Sweed because of two drops. In the pre-season he made some tough catches. He gets separation rather easily, maybe better than any other receiver the Steelers have. He isn't afraid to block. The tools are there, focus and concentration may be the demon he has to overcome.

Pappy

SteelAbility
12-22-2009, 03:31 PM

Pappy

I never said I was giving up on Burnett, quite the contrary. It may not be in this thread, but somewhere I stated that both Sweed and Burnett need to see more playing time before any decisions can really be made. Playing no worse than any other player in the secondary is hardly an endorsement.

Sweed has two game changing drops that everyone harps and they happened in two separate years. Burnett made two bad game changing plays within 2 weeks of each other. I want him to succeed, because, it's fairly obvious that Willie Gay is a good nickel or dime corner and nothing else.

The same as I want Sweed to succeed, Ward is getting on in years and Holmes is going to want a King's ransom (and he'll get it from someone), so, the Steelers need Sweed to develop and be the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him.

I just don't get the hate for Sweed because of two drops. In the pre-season he made some tough catches. He gets separation rather easily, maybe better than any other receiver the Steelers have. He isn't afraid to block. The tools are there, focus and concentration may be the demon he has to overcome.

Pappy

I think the hate is really frustration. You gotta realize, though, that those two drops are not islands unto themselves. They erode confidence and the entire offense. The lost points are accompanied by deflating demoralization which can easily ripple into the rest of the game. Fortunately, in the AFCCG the D didn't let it get to them. They took care of business.

I am all for giving Sweed another chance. After all, he was a 2nd round pick. Right now, having to win out to get in, I would be absolutely opposed to playing Sweed if he were in the lineup.

For me the real issue is the question that WHEN IT COUNTS how is he? So far not good. Yes, it's a small sample set. BUT both times the plays were gift-wrapped and he was completely unharrassed by defenders. It's not that hard to put the cherry on top of the cake once the cake has already been made and there isn't so much as small child trying to stop you.

SteelAbility
12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Wonder if we'll see Logan get some chances at WR?

We already saw that against GB for one play. I liked the call. It has potential to open things up. It seems to me like it's a great option on 3rd and short as Logan is extremely elusive.

papillon
12-22-2009, 04:26 PM

Pappy

Pappy

I think the hate is really frustration. You gotta realize, though, that those two drops are not islands unto themselves. They erode confidence and the entire offense. The lost points are accompanied by deflating demoralization which can easily ripple into the rest of the game. Fortunately, in the AFCCG the D didn't let it get to them. They took care of business.

I am all for giving Sweed another chance. After all, he was a 2nd round pick. Right now, having to win out to get in, I would be absolutely opposed to playing Sweed if he were in the lineup.

For me the real issue is the question that WHEN IT COUNTS how is he? So far not good. Yes, it's a small sample set. BUT both times the plays were gift-wrapped and he was completely unharrassed by defenders. It's not that hard to put the cherry on top of the cake once the cake has already been made and there isn't so much as small child trying to stop you.

I'm sure that the hate is frustration, but, it's the same with Burnett. The INT was gift wrapped and he dropped it. I don't know why I have this confidence in Sweed, he really hasn't proven anything, but, I'd have no problem putting him in a game right and throwing him the ball. The drops were so easy, that I can't fathom the possibility that it will happen again, I guess.

A player that has made it this far in his career has to be able to catch those balls or he wouldn't have made it to the NFL. Sweed gets open as easily as Randy Moss and I believe the Steelers would be making a huge mistake giving up on him right now. The hardest facets of the position come too easily to him, getting a release, running routes, getting open, blocking that is all there from the brief moments he's played. He drops easy catches, it will all click and when it does he will be a good receiver.

He hasn't complained, moaned or groused about not playing and by all indications he works hard in practice according to Bruce Arians. He hasn't given up, I hope the Steelers don't.

Pappy

California-Steel
12-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Nov. 20 - "He's done it in practice. He's earned the right to get back out on the field," coordinator Bruce Arians said. "I have confidence in him, but we're not going to take Heath [Miller] out to put a fourth wideout in right now, especially with the zone blitz packages we're seeing. He just has to bide his time."
Yes because a simple one step drop and fade to Sweed would be something that might work in the red zone so keep him on the bench. :roll: Does BA even have a brain?

steelerkeylargo
12-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Lets all keep in mind that Sweed is a second year player and a second round pick. With that are expectations to contribute right away. Joe Burnett is a fith round player, a rookie and the 5th CB on the depth chart. Expectations arent nor should they be equal!

NorthCoast
12-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Last I checked there were two parts to a WR's job, getting open AND catching the ball. There are plenty of guys in the NFL that can do one well but not the other. We happen to have a rookie that can do both and that is why he is playing. And I don't think the decision to sit Sweed has been based on just his game play. He must not be impressing in practice either otherwise why sign an unknown like Grisham?

Sweed might be given one more chance next season, but I would guess his chain will be very short. Don't sweat it too much, if he was truly the next Moss I think we would have seen at least a couple of flashes at some point. We haven't.

Slapstick
12-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Lets all keep in mind that Sweed is a second year player and a second round pick. With that are expectations to contribute right away. Joe Burnett is a fith round player, a rookie and the 5th CB on the depth chart. Expectations arent nor should they be equal!

According to Tomlin, the 11 men on the field ARE the Steelers and the expectations are the same regardless of your position on the depth chart...

Unless your name is Limas Sweed and/or Joe Burnett, apparently...

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Last I checked there were two parts to a WR's job, getting open AND catching the ball. There are plenty of guys in the NFL that can do one well but not the other. We happen to have a rookie that can do both and that is why he is playing. And I don't think the decision to sit Sweed has been based on just his game play. He must not be impressing in practice either otherwise why sign an unknown like Grisham?

Sweed might be given one more chance next season, but I would guess his chain will be very short. Don't sweat it too much, if he was truly the next Moss I think we would have seen at least a couple of flashes at some point. We haven't.

Grisham was in camp with us this year, and has been on our practice squad all this year. They did not sign Grisham because Sweed was not impressing in practice. Tyler was promoted from the P.S. to the 53 man roster prior to the Cleveland game because Hines was a game-time decision (most of us thought Ward would be unlikely to play against Cleveland, so it was smart to have an option like Grisham available if Hines could not go). Then, after that game, came Limas' unknown "illness" that kept him out of practice all week prior to the Packers game, so Grisham dressed in Sweed's spot against Green Bay.