PDA

View Full Version : The Walrus in Cleveland - it's official

steelblood
12-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Holmgren agrees to become Browns President. I didn't think I could hate the Browns any more.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-21-2009, 08:48 PM
He probably took the job to try and get even against the Steelers.

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/16/normal_madrax.jpg

stlrz d
12-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Brings a whole new meaning to "lemon yellow custard dripping from a dead dog's eye".

Think dawg pound.

:D

kindlecatsb'ng
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Gawd--it's disgusting. The fans here are strutting around like they won something today.

It's the second coming of the "Browns Czar"; seen nothing like this since Jim Tressel came to OSU.

:brownssuck

:tt2 Onto the Ravens game and a "W"!

Happy Holidays, All

Starlifter
12-21-2009, 11:32 PM
i think the curse the resides over the stains organization is far to powerful to be affected by the diminishing skills of the walrus. he won a SB in GB like 15 years ago and has only been back once. he'll want to be in charge but doesn't want to coach. he'll have to hire a 'yes-man' to do the work for him. it will be an interesting dynamic and one that has a high probability of failure.

DukieBoy
12-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Seattle to Cleveland is a long fall.

NorCal-Steeler
12-22-2009, 12:43 AM
doesnt matter we have our REF's...... :Blah

BATMAN
12-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Last night I was talking to a Cleveland fan at the bar. I didn't know at the time he was a Cleveland fan until we started to talk. I went to get hotwings after the game and the place was empty for all but a few. Anyway, I asked him something about the Steeler game and he said he wasn't a Steeler fan.
He didn't offer what team he was a fan of so, I had to ask. He said he was a Browns and Raider fan. I said to him, " let me guess, your from Cleveland/Ohio but you became a Raiders fan at a young age because at one time they were good. Also the Browns usually stunk and you wanted a team to cheer for and especially a team that might have a chance against the Steelers ? "

He looked at me as if I was a mind reader and said, " yes " and then asked, "how do you know ? " I told him it is common knowledge that back in the day when few teams were nationally telivised, the Steelers, Raiders and Cowboys got the TV time because they were the best teams in the league. You had many fans pick the Steelers because their city had no NFL team and you had many fans pick the Steelers because their teams stunk. Cleveland fans needed to pick the Raiders or Cowboys because their Browns stunk and couldn't match up to us for many years. This year we are in a tail spin and you guys capitalized on it after 12 losses in a row.
He's a Cleveland fan but, he doesn't know a player from the water boy when I started to ask him questions about his team.
Also today, I seen a minivan with a Cleveland sticker in the window. Boy oh boy, it's going to be a mouthy off season for the Cleveland fans this summer.

Iron Shiek
12-22-2009, 09:32 AM
The Walrus doesn't seem too qualified...people are acting as if he's Bill Walsh or Ron Wolf re-incarnated. What did he do? He was an okay offensive coordinator for the Niners but basically was Walsh/Seifert's puppet (I'm guessing here...ha, I know he started with the Niners and it just sounds good, but on to the meat of my argument). He basically had Favre win a Super Bowl for him...but he wasn't even the GM. And in Seattle, if I recall he was coach/GM. They got to a Super Bowl and you never heard from them besides that year. They had some decent records (9-7's, 10-6's) highlighted by 13-3 in 2005, but he left that team in shambles (4-12 his last season and currently sitting 5-9 with what I have to assume are still most of the players he brought in). Granted they've been bitten by the injury bug, but so have we and we are still in position to at least go .500.

I just rambled alot, some of it I have facts to back it up, some of it not. But it sounds good to me and I can use it all against my Browns fan coworkers/friends to sh*t on their good news (if thats what you want to call it). :tt2