PDA

View Full Version : What is the playoff senario now?

Steeler Mafia
12-21-2009, 12:59 PM
We got some help yesterday with the Jets, the Dolphins, the Broncos all losing their games.

Anyone know the path for us to make the playoffs now? I would have to imagine that our chances of making the big dance is much better now than it was last week.

Anyone.....anyone.....Beuler......Beuler?????

flippy
12-21-2009, 01:01 PM
We got some help yesterday with the Jets, the Dolphins, the Broncos all losing their games.

Anyone know the path for us to make the playoffs now? I would have to imagine that our chances of making the big dance is much better now than it was last week.

The favorites have to win next week and we need to win our last 2 and we'll be in.

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 01:14 PM

I'm OCD about this. Go to this link and look at my post (first one at the top of the page)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9695&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9695&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15)

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe it is easier if we look at who can't finish 9-7. The Jags & Jets can't finish 9-7.
The Texans can finish 9-7 as long as the Titans equal them. If the Ravens, Steelers ,Titans ,Texans ,& Broncos all finish 9-7 Steelers are the 6th seed. If the Ravens lose against the Raiders, the Steelers are the #5 seed.

To make the post season:
Steelers win out. (1 loss by Ravens then)
Jets lose 1
Jags lose 1
Broncos lose 1

Titans need to finish 9-7 or the Texans must lose.

The Steelers actually could regain control of their own destiny after this weekend and just need a victory against the Dolphins to make the post season.

Here is the scenario:
Steelers beat Ravens.
Broncos lose to Eagles.
Jags lose to Patriots
Jets lose to Colts.
Dolphins beat Texans.

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Steelers beat Ravens.
Broncos lose to Eagles.
Jags lose to Patriots
Jets lose to Colts.
Dolphins beat Texans.

All of the teams we want to win those 5 games will be favorites next week.

As of right now, Vegas has the Steelers favored by 2.5, Eagles favored by 7, Patriots favored by 8, Colts favored by 8, and Dolphins favored by 3.

:tt2 :tt1

SteelBucks
12-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Steelers beat Ravens.
Broncos lose to Eagles.
Jags lose to Patriots
Jets lose to Colts.
Dolphins beat Texans.

As of right now, Vegas has the Steelers favored by 2.5, Eagles favored by 7, Patriots favored by 8, Colts favored by 8, and Dolphins favored by 3.

For how bad this season has turned out, I can't believe we still have a chance.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-21-2009, 05:24 PM
the elephant in the corner is obviously how long Indy plans on playing their starters. i would not be surprised to see manning pulled early to avoid a rex ryan cheap shot attempt.

caldwell wasn't giving any hints during his PC.

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2009, 05:38 PM
the elephant in the corner is obviously how long Indy plans on playing their starters. i would not be surprised to see manning pulled early to avoid a rex ryan cheap shot attempt.

One half of Peyton Manning + One half of Curtis Painter > One full game of Mark Sanchez

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 05:39 PM

I think the fact that Vegas has the Colts favored by 8 tells us something about the Colts' intentions. A chance for perfection this late in the season only seems to come around twice every 44 years or so. I know if I had the chance I'd be going for it. Plus, historically, IND has done terribly when playing the "rest the starters" game. IND's week 17 game is @BUF, which should be a pushover. I think IND plays hard and plays to twin.

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Steelers beat Ravens.
Broncos lose to Eagles.
Jags lose to Patriots
Jets lose to Colts.
Dolphins beat Texans.

For how bad this season has turned out, I can't believe we still have a chance.

If we can get into the playoffs and get Troy back, I give us a chance. Without him there is no chance. The best possible scenario would be if we could get Troy some PT against BAL and then a full game against MIA to shake off the rust and ramp up to form.

Then, if we can survive that first playoff game and have Troy fully adjusted and healthy, I really like our chances. All those missed games could turn to be a blessing in disguise, allowing to play harder as he has taken less beating.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-21-2009, 05:47 PM
i hope you guys are correct.

i am not real optimistic.

i say a half of manning is a plus for the steelers. manning has never been interested in an undefeated season before. and it's his call.

skyhawk
12-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Steelers beat Ravens.
Broncos lose to Eagles.
Jags lose to Patriots
Jets lose to Colts.
Dolphins beat Texans.

Hope they are right. They have been WRONG and have lost the last 5 lines for Steelers games. Steelers didn't cover against the Pack either.