PDA

View Full Version : More rumors, BA related...

steelsnis
12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I saw this posted over at the StillerNation board, supposedly from Bouchettes PG Plus article:

From his PG+ blog:

--- Look for Bruce Arians to be fired after the season. I was not sure about that until someone told me that Jay Glazier said Arians has been making fun of Tomlin to other coaches. Now, I do not know if that is true or not. But I do know that Tomlin and Glazier are tight, so if Glazier said that, Tomlin must believe it.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
There was a shot last night where I thought I saw Tomlin hand motion to Arians to keep quite. It was real quick. I believe the defense was on the field at the time. I looked like Tomlin told him to do something and Arians wanted to comment but Tomlin didn't want to hear it. Did anyone else see it and was it Arians? I'm not 100% sure it was. The shot was Tomlin looking out at the field and Arians was standing behind him talking.

Arains has so many high & lows. I really think that an offensive assistant might be the best route for one year. An up & coming position coach (QB or WR).

By the way...WE SAW SOME SCREENS!!! If I start see shuttle passes against the Ravens I want part of Arians salary!

ANPSTEEL
12-21-2009, 02:01 PM
...By the way...WE SAW SOME SCREENS!!! ...

I was in shock when I saw that -

one sort of screen to Mendenhall, and a bubble screen to Logan.

holy crap...

also- the TD to Moore was a sort of bubble screen as well.

Plus Ben checked down to Mendenhall quite a few times. Someone must have finally gotten it through his head- that holding onto the ball for a half hour hoping to make a 30yd pass play- isn't really the best strategy.

where oh where have these plays been all season.

steelblood
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM

holy crap...

Plus Ben checked down to Mendenhall quite a few times. Someone must have finally gotten it through his head- that holding onto the ball for a half hour hoping to make a 30yd pass play- isn't really the best strategy.

Yes, finally there were lots of quick passes, screens, and a new draw play that took advantage of an aggressive blitzing D. Also, Mendenhall released after chipping and had several nice catches. Often, our RBs are left in the backfield too long. The offensive game plan was very good. Unfortunately, it may be too little too late.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-21-2009, 02:39 PM
There was a shot last night where I thought I saw Tomlin hand motion to Arians to keep quite. It was real quick. I believe the defense was on the field at the time. I looked like Tomlin told him to do something and Arians wanted to comment but Tomlin didn't want to hear it. Did anyone else see it and was it Arians? I'm not 100% sure it was. The shot was Tomlin looking out at the field and Arians was standing behind him talking.

Arains has so many high & lows. I really think that an offensive assistant might be the best route for one year. An up & coming position coach (QB or WR).

By the way...WE SAW SOME SCREENS!!! If I start see shuttle passes against the Ravens I want part of Arians salary!

I saw the exchange you mentioned where Tomlin was doing that. Couldn't tell who to though.

California-Steel
12-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Yes it was Airhead.

Flasteel
12-21-2009, 02:48 PM

holy crap...

Yes, finally there were lots of quick passes, screens, and a new draw play that took advantage of an aggressive blitzing D. Also, Mendenhall released after chipping and had several nice catches. Often, our RBs are left in the backfield too long. The offensive game plan was very good. Unfortunately, it may be too little too late.

I took notice of this as well and I'm guessing it was Arians who was calling those shots...so a small shout out to him. However, I thought that we once again relied way too much on the passing game and we didn't mix things up.

As much as I'd realy, really like to see Arians go, I'm not buying into this rumor based on a single second-hand report. Why would Arians be making fun of Tomlin? They seem to get along and Arians job is tenuous at best, so why would he go around doing something like that?

I too saw the gesture in question, but I interpreted it more as a conciliatory acknowledgement following a missed opportunity. If I remember correctly, it came right after a drop or missed throw. Besides, I also saw them embrace (in a non-Belichick-Parcells homo-erotic fashion) following the game.

http://i46.tinypic.com/nez2ft.jpg

NWNewell
12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
I saw this posted over at the StillerNation board, supposedly from Bouchettes PG Plus article:

From his PG+ blog:

--- Look for Bruce Arians to be fired after the season. I was not sure about that until someone told me that Jay Glazier said Arians has been making fun of Tomlin to other coaches. Now, I do not know if that is true or not. But I do know that Tomlin and Glazier are tight, so if Glazier said that, Tomlin must believe it.

I saw one shot in the 4th I think around the time we didn't covert on 3rd down and had to kick a FG to make it 30-28.

Both BA and MT were facing the field but BA was standing just behind MT and to his right. MT was making a double slap hand slap to BA's jacket covered gut while continuing to look a way.

From the motion, face, and mannerism, it looked like the kind of consoling pat a coach would give a player on the butt... kind of a "you know better, but keep your head up, we'll come back to you" kind of thing.

Anyone see that.... know what I'm talking about?

If that is what you are talking about, I don't know that it in any way showed a displeasure from MT that would make you think BA is on his way out.

Or maybe you are talking about another incident or I read it wrong.

I too saw the gesture in question, but I interpreted it more as a conciliatory acknowledgement following a missed opportunity. If I remember correctly, it came right after a drop or missed throw.

I think you and I saw the same thing.

steelblood
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
That game probably saved Arians. I can't see him going. Ben loves the guy.

SteelBucks
12-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Arians hates Tomlin, Tomlin hates Arians, everybody hates Ben, Ben hates Reed, Clark hates the media. Did I miss anyone?

RKSteel
12-21-2009, 03:38 PM

From his PG+ blog:

I saw one shot in the 4th I think around the time we didn't covert on 3rd down and had to kick a FG to make it 30-28.

Both BA and MT were facing the field but BA was standing just behind MT and to his right. MT was making a double slap hand slap to BA's jacket covered gut while continuing to look a way.

From the motion, face, and mannerism, it looked like the kind of consoling pat a coach would give a player on the butt... kind of a "you know better, but keep your head up, we'll come back to you" kind of thing.

If that is what you are talking about, I don't know that it in any way showed a displeasure from MT that would make you think BA is on his way out.

I too saw the gesture in question, but I interpreted it more as a conciliatory acknowledgement following a missed opportunity. If I remember correctly, it came right after a drop or missed throw.

I saw the same gesture from MT. Maybe MT was shooing him away while saying "Nice play call Dumba$$." :D

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM

From his PG+ blog:

I'm almost certain the defense was on the field. Perhaps it was right after a punt and maybe it was what you said. Interesting how things could be perceived differently. You guys might be correct, but I thought it was to Tomlin's left but he was standing behind Tomlin & to the right facing us on the TV. I watched every minute so this is most likely the sequence I saw. Tomlin nevered turned his head when he made the gesture so this sounds like it.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Arians hates Tomlin, Tomlin hates Arians, everybody hates Ben, Ben hates Reed, Clark hates the media. Did I miss anyone?
Big Snack hates Jared.

NWNewell
12-21-2009, 03:43 PM

From his PG+ blog:

I'm almost certain the defense was on the field. Perhaps it was right after a punt and maybe it was what you said. Interesting how things could be perceived differently. You guys might be correct, but I thought it was to Tomlin's left but he was standing behind Tomlin & to the right facing us on the TV. I watched every minute so this is most likely the sequence I saw. Tomlin nevered turned his head when he made the gesture so this sounds like it.

It could have been more like a "shooing" move telling him to get away or back off... as you said it was real quick.... tough to tell the intent behind it.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-21-2009, 03:43 PM

From his PG+ blog:

I saw the same gesture from MT. Maybe MT was shooing him away while saying "Nice play call Dumba$$." :D

Maybe it was nothing. I mean...Arians could have farted & maybe Tomlin just didn't want him close because it was stuck in his coat.

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 04:02 PM
The offensive play-calling was actually excellent last night. I am HOPING that this was a game where we decided to override Arians. It would confirm two things ...

1. We CAN do much better offensively than we currently are
2. Arians must go

Hell, I'll even go so far as to say screw having an OC. Let Ben call the plays. Hand the "overpaid janitor" broom to BA. :tt2 :moon 8) :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Big Snack hates Jared.

Jimmy Hate hates everyone (hence the nickname). Ike Taylor's hands hate the feel of pigskin.

Oviedo
12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Big Snack hates Jared.

Jimmy Hate hates everyone (hence the nickname). Ike Taylor's hands hate the feel of pigskin.

Is Ike a Muslim? Maybe it is a religous thing.

costanza2k1
12-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Hines and Ben hate each other...
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1220/nfl_a_bigbents_576.jpg

frankthetank1
12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
so BA is going to get fired because he makes fun of tomlin? yeah that sounds plausable :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2009, 04:36 PM
so BA is going to get fired because he makes fun of tomlin? yeah that sounds plausable :roll:

Maybe BA goes around on message boards calling Tomlin an overpaid janitor. :wink:

Chadman
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Big Snack hates Jared.

Don't forget- True Fan hates the Steelers.

Chadman
12-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Big Snack hates Jared.

Don't forget- True Fan hates the Steelers.

And, of course- everybody hates Chris, but strangely, we all love Raymond...go figure?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-04-2010, 08:46 AM

By the way...WE SAW SOME SCREENS!!! If I start seeing shuttle passes against the Ravens I want part of Arians salary!

All right Bruce...Fork it over!!! You didn't think I would notice it was a game later! :lol:

Jooser
01-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Hines and Ben hate each other...
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1220/nfl_a_bigbents_576.jpg

Coz, Ben is copping a feel there, and Carey Davis is loving it. http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/throwupsmiley-2.gif