PDA

View Full Version : No more Carter... PLEASE!

NWNewell
12-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I think I'd rather see Mundy in there. Is Carter really the best we have?

He takes some of the worst angles I've every seen to tackle, not that that it matters because he can't tackle anyways.... nor can he cover.

He had that Grant TD run in his sites for about 30 yards... it's just bad.

He's the 3rd best safety we can get our hands on? Really?

NW Steeler
12-21-2009, 12:18 PM
If Carter is our 3rd best safety, then Mundy must really suck. Carter is absolutely horrible.

RussBII
12-21-2009, 12:27 PM
If Carter is our 3rd best safety, then Mundy must really suck. Carter is absolutely horrible.

Mundy's probably better, but Carter probably understands the defense better at this point. But geez...

papillon
12-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Carter's lack of speed is his problem. He can't keep up with NFL caliber speed, that's why his angles always look bad, the other guy is simply faster than he is.

Pappy

flippy
12-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Clark is playing just as bad. The last game our DBs looked ok, Troy was playing SS and Carter was playing FS in Denver.

When Troy gets back, it would be fair to let Carter and Clark compete for the FS position.

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Clark is playing just as bad. The last game our DBs looked ok, Troy was playing SS and Carter was playing FS in Denver.

When Troy gets back, it would be fair to let Carter and Clark compete for the FS position.

I'd rather have Clark. At least he has speed and can deliver a big hit. Carter seems to get caught too many times between two opinions. Mix that with slowness of foot and you get a D who can barely support a QB with 503 yards passing, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 10.9 YPA and clutch play after clutch play.

NWNewell
12-21-2009, 01:25 PM

I'd rather have Clark. At least he has speed and can deliver a big hit. Carter seems to get caught too many times between two opinions. Mix that with slowness of foot and you get a D who can barely support a QB with 503 yards passing, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 10.9 YPA and clutch play after clutch play.

At least Clark usually makes a tackle when he comes in contact with the WR instead of doing an "O-lay" move like Carter did on Driver. Ridiculous.

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 01:30 PM

At least Clark usually makes a tackle when he comes in contact with the WR instead of doing an "O-lay" move like Carter did on Driver. Ridiculous.

I thought it was more touch football by Carter. :P I guess the result is the same. I think we are on the same page. 8)

Shoe
12-21-2009, 01:30 PM

I disagree flippy. Clark is at least an average NFL free safety. Carter is *possibly* the worst strong safety in the league, almost certainly amongst starting SS's.

Jooser
12-21-2009, 01:36 PM
TC, exit stage left....even.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/doggy.gif

Oviedo
12-21-2009, 01:39 PM

Mundy's probably better, but Carter probably understands the defense better at this point. But geez...

What good is knowing the defense when you can't make any plays? I'd rather see Mundy or Burnett or Lewis. Heck, Lawrence Timmons could play SS better than Carter. Anyone except Carter.

feltdizz
12-21-2009, 03:29 PM

"That has to be the dumbest statement ever" Sorry but I had an old Cosby show flashback...

Seriously though... Carter is absolutely terrible. The only thing he does well is line up before the play and talk smack after it. He stays out of position during playsand runs up like he has 3 voices in his head telling his arms, legs and eyes to do 3 different things.

It's like he maxed out his contrac incentives in the Denver game.

RussBII
12-21-2009, 03:30 PM

What good is knowing the defense when you can't make any plays? I'd rather see Mundy or Burnett or Lewis. Heck, Lawrence Timmons could play SS better than Carter. Anyone except Carter.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I was just offering up what i think is the probable line of thinking.

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 03:55 PM

"That has to be the dumbest statement ever" Sorry but I had an old Cosby show flashback...

Seriously though... Carter is absolutely terrible. The only thing he does well is line up before the play and talk smack after it. He stays out of position during playsand runs up like he has 3 voices in his head telling his arms, legs and eyes to do 3 different things.

That is absolutely true and absolutely hilarious. :lol:
That is also absolutely true and absolutely hilarious. I made a comment his being caught between two opinions. I'm also on board with 3 or more opinions. :mrgreen:

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 03:57 PM

feltdizz, you are totally winning the hilarious award this week. :lol: :Bow

frankthetank1
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
if it was up to me i would bench both gay and carter. burnett had a bad game but he cant be worse than gay. mundy has to be a lot more athletic than carter. carter may understand the defense more than mundy but what difference does that make?

NW Steeler
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
if it was up to me i would bench both gay and carter. burnett had a bad game but he cant be worse than gay. mundy has to be a lot more athletic than carter. carter may understand the defense more than mundy but what difference does that make?

If Mundy can't do better than Carter they may be better of playing with 10 men. That way at least Carter isn't taking his own guys out trying to make a "tackle". Yesterday on that 80-some yard bomb Carter rubbed Timmons completely out of the play, although I don't think he would have caught the guy anyway.