PDA

View Full Version : Can We Act Like We Won Yesterday???

SidSmythe
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM
This game kind of reminded me of the Bears 1995 game, which was a huge turning point.
Seriously...we're still in the hunt. Are we dominant...no, are we even a contender, probably not

It was a great win for the offense.
If we can pull it off against the Ravens at home and I'd be interested to see what impact the return of Troy P. has on this defense.

With Tyrone Carter in the lineup, we are playing with 10 and a half men out there at times. With Troy in there we are playing w/ 11 and a half.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-21-2009, 10:32 AM
This game kind of reminded me of the Bears 1995 game, which was a huge turning point.
Seriously...we're still in the hunt. Are we dominant...no, are we even a contender, probably not

If we can pull it off against the Ravens at home and I'd be interested to see what impact the return of Troy P. has on this defense.

With Tyrone Carter in the lineup, we are playing with 10 and a half men out there at times. With Troy in there we are playing w/ 11 and a half.

I can't believe that Carter is our best option.

NorthCoast
12-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Yes we won. But it wasn't the Superbowl and truly honestly if this offense had shown up in Cleveland last week we would be on the inside looking out rather than outside looking in. Somehow, 'sneaking into the playoffs' given the talent on this team seems to ring hollow. Don't get me wrong, would love to see us put something together in the post-season but any way you slice it, this season has been a disappointment for a defending SB champion.

Jooser
12-21-2009, 10:50 AM

:Agree Amen brother.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-21-2009, 11:00 AM

:Agree Amen brother.

First round Safety anyone? There appears to be a couple of good ones coming out this year.

1st & 2nd round material

Taylor Mays
Eric Berry
Darrell Stuckey
Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Major Wright
Kam Chancellor

papillon
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM

JPN, it always seems that Carter takes a bad angle prior to the catch, after the catch or even pursuing on a running play. I have to assume that this is simply because he doesn't have the necessary speed to play in the NFL. There's no other conceivable explanation for always allowing the guy you're trying to tackle get the edge on you.

Pappy

Ghost
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I still think Gay is the worst DB on the field but carter is making 1 and 1A. Damn they are bad.

flippy
12-21-2009, 12:59 PM

That was the type of game we won last year. And this is basically the same team.

If we get in and get Troy healthy for the playoffs, we might even be road favorite for our playoff games.

And the best part is the tape lies about this team this year. Teams will gamplan against us based on what they see on tape and we're gonna put a different team on the field come playoff time.

stlrz d
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM

I disagree. With Troy in there we are playing with 12 1/2.

Yes, Troy is

http://jhrtsholidayparty.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/two-and-a-half-men.jpg

SteelAbility
12-22-2009, 07:42 AM

That was the type of game we won last year. And this is basically the same team.

If we get in and get Troy healthy for the playoffs, we might even be road favorite for our playoff games.

And the best part is the tape lies about this team this year. Teams will gamplan against us based on what they see on tape and we're gonna put a different team on the field come playoff time.

Very good point, a blessing in disguise, if you will. The other potential advantage is that Troy won't have the wear/tear of the season if we get into the playoffs. But he has to at least get in for one game to shake off some rust. If we can survive that first playoff game with Tory ramped up and healthy, I like our chances.

Jooser
12-22-2009, 08:37 AM

Yes, Troy is

http://jhrtsholidayparty.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/two-and-a-half-men.jpg

:Agree Amen Brother X2

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Yes, Troy is

:Agree Amen Brother X2

You agreed with the two and a half men post and gave it the ol' "times two"??? So does that mean that you think Troy is now worth five men? :P