PDA

View Full Version : Our new arrival...history repeating itself?

ColumbusSteelerFan
12-21-2009, 07:31 AM
I haven't had much of a chance to post this, but I do now, and it's pretty wild that history may repeat itself once again. For those that remember from the "old board", the day after a huge loss to a division rival (Bungles, 12/04/2005), our first child, Gretchen Elizabeth, was born and we all know what happened to the Steelers after that!

Back to the present. 12/10 - Steelers lose to a division rival (Clowns) and all hope for any postseason appeared to be lost. Guess what happened the next day?

You got it. Our next daughter, Miriam Katherine, came to us at 8:04 AM the next day. 8 lbs., 10 oz., 21" long, another big baby courtesy of my side of the family. :lol: Mom is still recovering from the c-section, but otherwise all are doing well. Big brother and sister enjoy our new addition as well.

I have NO idea if this helps our chances, but I thought this was at least worth sharing. HERE WE GO!!!!!

steelblood
12-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Congratulations! That is truly wonderful news.

I wish I believed your daughter was a good luck charm. But, alas, I have kids and know that they mostly break your stuff and stand in front of the TV when the Steelers are playing.

Jooser
12-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Beautiful baby! Congrats! She won't hurt our chances, I'll give you that! It's a shame she wasn't a premie.... :lol:

stlrz d
12-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Sure looks better than Jooser's bulldogs! :lol:

Congrats man!

Steelgal
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Congratulations!!!! The next photo though should have some Steeler apparel on however :wink:

J/K, she's beautiful.

Jooser
12-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Sure looks better than Jooser's bulldogs! :lol:

Congrats man!

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt71/mrbk614/Bulldog-7.jpg

What a bummer! :D

msp26505
12-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Congrats!

But the fate of Steeler Nation seems like a lot of pressure to put on a newborn.

phillyesq
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Congrats!

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Congrats, C-Bus!

You want history to repeat itself? Okay, here goes...

That year, in order to even have a chance at making the playoffs, we had to follow that tough divisional loss with a home win over a NFC North opponent in frigid winter conditions (then Bears, now Packers) and then win out. So far, so good.

Here is what is going to happen to complete this repeat of history from 4 years ago.

On Friday night, San Diego will hand Tennessee its 8th loss, dropping the Titans from contention.

Why is this realistic? Even though Tennessee is hot (winning 7 of their last 8 games, the Chargers are hotter, winning 9 in a row. I would favor a Philip Rivers QB'ed team over a Vince Young QB'ed team.

We beat the Ravens, making us both 8-7, but unfortunately, they would still hold the tiebreaker over us on the basis of a better divisional record.

Why is this realistic? We took them to overtime at their place with Dennis Dixon at QB. Now that we seem to have gotten our mojo back with a comeback victory against a quality opponent, I think Ben can outdual Flacco.

Jacksonville loses in New England to hand the Jaguars their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? New England is 7-0 at home and 2-5 on the road. This game is in Foxboro.

Houston loses in Miami to hand the Texans their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? Since losing Ronnie Brown and the wildcat, Chad Henne has emerged as a legit QB and Ricky Williams has emerged as a legit RB. The young Dolphin defense is playing well and they have a strong o-line. Game is in Miami.

New York loses in Indy to hand the Jets their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? The Colts have won 22 regular season games in a row. Even if we get Peyton for a half and Painter for the other half, I think that is better than Mark Sanchez for the entire game.

In the last week of the season, we win in Miami, to hand the Dolphins their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? The Steelers goal was to end their season in Miami. They want to do it in early February, though, not in early January. If this was essentially a playoff type of "win-and-you-are-in" game, would you put your money on two-time Super Bowl champion Ben Roethlisberger or Chad Henne? Yeah, me too.

Baltimore loses in Oakland to hand the Ravens their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? Oakland is not as bad as you think. They have beaten the Eagles, Bengals, Steelers, and Broncos this season. It is difficult having to travel across the country.

That would make the playoff seeding in the AFC as follows:

1. Indianapolis
2. San Diego
3. Cincinnati
4. New England
5. Denver
6. Pittsburgh

In the wild card round, Pittsburgh beats Cincy and Denver beats England in two road upsets.

Why is this realistic? You really think the Bengals would beat us 3 times in one season? The Broncos have always given New England trouble in the playoffs.

In the divisional round, Pittsburgh beats Indianapolis and Denver beats San Diego in two road upsets.

Why is this realistic? Indy is rusty after resting players for half the game in week 16, resting players for all but a series in week 17, and then getting a bye on wild card weekend. Denver already won in San Diego this season back in October, so it can happen again.

In the AFC Championship game, Pittsburgh beats Denver in a road upset.

Why is this realistic? We already won in Denver in Novemeber. With Polamalu healthy again by this point, it won't be a big deal that Ryan Clark will have to sit out such an important game (since Ty Carter has played most of the season already, he'll be ready to start again). And remember, Carter has 2 INT's in that last Denver game, including a pick 6.

On to the Super Bowl, baby!

Horrible divisional loss followed by a frigid NFC North win at Heinz to jump start a strong finish, winning out to qualify for the playoffs as the 6th seed, then winning in Cincy then in Indy, and finally in Denver to reach the Super Bowl. :mrgreen:

I can dream, can't I?

costanza2k1
12-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Awesome news, congrats!

NW Steeler
12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Congrats, C-Bus!

You want history to repeat itself? Okay, here goes...

That year, in order to even have a chance at making the playoffs, we had to follow that tough divisional loss with a home win over a NFC North opponent in frigid winter conditions (then Bears, now Packers) and then win out. So far, so good.

Here is what is going to happen to complete this repeat of history from 4 years ago.

On Friday night, San Diego will hand Tennessee its 8th loss, dropping the Titans from contention.

Why is this realistic? Even though Tennessee is hot (winning 7 of their last 8 games, the Chargers are hotter, winning 9 in a row. I would favor a Philip Rivers QB'ed team over a Vince Young QB'ed team.

We beat the Ravens, making us both 8-7, but unfortunately, they would still hold the tiebreaker over us on the basis of a better divisional record.

Why is this realistic? We took them to overtime at their place with Dennis Dixon at QB. Now that we seem to have gotten our mojo back with a comeback victory against a quality opponent, I think Ben can outdual Flacco.

Jacksonville loses in New England to hand the Jaguars their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? New England is 7-0 at home and 2-5 on the road. This game is in Foxboro.

Houston loses in Miami to hand the Texans their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? Since losing Ronnie Brown and the wildcat, Chad Henne has emerged as a legit QB and Ricky Williams has emerged as a legit RB. The young Dolphin defense is playing well and they have a strong o-line. Game is in Miami.

New York loses in Indy to hand the Jets their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? The Colts have won 22 regular season games in a row. Even if we get Peyton for a half and Painter for the other half, I think that is better than Mark Sanchez for the entire game.

In the last week of the season, we win in Miami, to hand the Dolphins their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? The Steelers goal was to end their season in Miami. They want to do it in early February, though, not in early January. If this was essentially a playoff type of "win-and-you-are-in" game, would you put your money on two-time Super Bowl champion Ben Roethlisberger or Chad Henne? Yeah, me too.

Baltimore loses in Oakland to hand the Ravens their 8th loss, dropping them from contention.

Why is this realistic? Oakland is not as bad as you think. They have beaten the Eagles, Bengals, Steelers, and Broncos this season. It is difficult having to travel across the country.

That would make the playoff seeding in the AFC as follows:

1. Indianapolis
2. San Diego
3. Cincinnati
4. New England
5. Denver
6. Pittsburgh

In the wild card round, Pittsburgh beats Cincy and Denver beats England in two road upsets.

Why is this realistic? You really think the Bengals would beat us 3 times in one season? The Broncos have always given New England trouble in the playoffs.

In the divisional round, Pittsburgh beats Indianapolis and Denver beats San Diego in two road upsets.

Why is this realistic? Indy is rusty after resting players for half the game in week 16, resting players for all but a series in week 17, and then getting a bye on wild card weekend. Denver already won in San Diego this season back in October, so it can happen again.

In the AFC Championship game, Pittsburgh beats Denver in a road upset.

Why is this realistic? We already won in Denver in Novemeber. With Polamalu healthy again by this point, it won't be a big deal that Ryan Clark will have to sit out such an important game (since Ty Carter has played most of the season already, he'll be ready to start again). And remember, Carter has 2 INT's in that last Denver game, including a pick 6.

On to the Super Bowl, baby!

Horrible divisional loss followed by a frigid NFC North win at Heinz to jump start a strong finish, winning out to qualify for the playoffs as the 6th seed, then winning in Cincy then in Indy, and finally in Denver to reach the Super Bowl. :mrgreen:

I can dream, can't I?

An ultimate scenario Ruthless, and one that makes a lot of sense. But I see Denver losing at Philly next weekend and then winning their last game. We end up in a tie with Denver for the 6th seed and win it based on the head to head. Baltimore gets the 5 seed.

Congrats on the addition to the family, BTW!!

And, of course:

:ratsuck

Wolfhound45
12-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Congratulations!

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2009, 05:36 PM
An ultimate scenario Ruthless, and one that makes a lot of sense. But I see Denver losing at Philly next weekend and then winning their last game. We end up in a tie with Denver for the 6th seed and win it based on the head to head. Baltimore gets the 5 seed.

Congrats on the addition to the family, BTW!!

And, of course:

:ratsuck

Oh yeah, I'll be rooting for the Eagles big time this weekend (I screamed with joy when I saw the Oakland over Denver 20-19 final score). I just devised a scenario in which our pathway to the Super Bowl would be the same this season as it was 4 years ago...which, amazingly, is still entirely possible, except for the Seahawk thing at the end).