PDA

View Full Version : Max Starks

NorthCoast
12-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Anyone know if Max was hurt going into this game? He really had a rough outing. I was glad to see they slid some protection to his side later in the game because he really needed the help. Just wasn't sure if I missed an injury report that would have explained his play. Also was it Foster playing for Kemo? I thought he did a pretty decent job today and didn't hear his name get called (which is a good thing for an OL).

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Anyone know if Max was hurt going into this game? He really had a rough outing. I was glad to see they slid some protection to his side later in the game because he really needed the help. Just wasn't sure if I missed an injury report that would have explained his play. Also was it Foster playing for Kemo? I thought he did a pretty decent job today and didn't hear his name get called (which is a good thing for an OL).

On the play where Matthews got to Ben (the one that was overturned, and rightfully so since the arm was going forward) I saw Max first put a hand to the guy on his inside and then try to turn outside to get Matthews...bad move.

The holding flag on him late in the game was ridiculous. The defender fell down and Starks fell on top of him. They never call that holding.

Anyway, Matthews is very fast and very strong. He'll be trouble for a lot of LTs for many years.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-21-2009, 12:06 PM

On the play where Matthews got to Ben (the one that was overturned, and rightfully so since the arm was going forward) I saw Max first put a hand to the guy on his inside and then try to turn outside to get Matthews...bad move.

The holding flag on him late in the game was ridiculous. The defender fell down and Starks fell on top of him. They never call that holding.

Anyway, Matthews is very fast and very strong. He'll be trouble for a lot of LTs for many years.
Max struggled all game. First time this year I could really say he didn't play to his contract. Hope it was just this game because he struggles with Mathews and other players as well.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Starks struggles vs. most speed rushers. Remember Merriman running right around him at RT a year or two ago.