PDA

View Full Version : Plays Like That Game Winning TD Have to Mean Something

Flasteel
12-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Would the football gods really render such a fantastic play meaningless?

I say no.

This was divine intervention setting us up for the most unlikely of playoff runs. This was one of those moments that you look back on as the necessary catalyst for destiny to be realized.

This has to count for something other than a meaningless win in a season of disappointment...I feel it!! :tt1 :tt1

:Boobs

LordVile
12-20-2009, 09:46 PM
you can't do any wrong with a positive attitude, we played for pride today, and am greatful for it.

Lebsteel
12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
you can't do any wrong with a positive attitude, we played for pride today, and am greatful for it.

I hope the Steelers play for pride next week against the Ravens and just totally thrash them. It will make a bad season a little better and maybe, just maybe..... :tt1

feltdizz
12-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Flasteel I'm with you. I believe... I hope Troy has the best week ever and finds a way to play. I believe the D finally understands how little faith Tomlin and the nation has in them and stops watching last years highlights.

msp26505
12-20-2009, 10:06 PM
My brother pointed out that when the Steelers gave up the late TD, got the ball inside the 20, then took a holding penalty on the first play of the drive, that it was eerily similar to a certain SB-winning drive.

Hmm...

:tt2

Flasteel
12-20-2009, 10:08 PM
My brother pointed out that when the Steelers gave up the late TD, got the ball inside the 20, then took a holding penalty on the first play of the drive, that it was eerily similar to a certain SB-winning drive.

Hmm...

How 'bout the toe-tap job by Wallace in the end zone? Eerily similar in its own right. :Boobs

LordVile
12-20-2009, 10:44 PM

Hmm...

How 'bout the toe-tap job by Wallace in the end zone? Eerily similar in its own right. :Boobs

I'm sure we all agree, that even before this game, Wallace is a bright spot. Let's thrash them RATBIRDS, def SB deja vu only if it mattered more but at least I can sleep alittle better tonight and try to gain back some respect from the haters.

sd steel
12-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Would the football gods really render such a fantastic play meaningless?

I say no.

This was divine intervention setting us up for the most unlikely of playoff runs. This was one of those moments that you look back on as the necessary catalyst for destiny to be realized.

This has to count for something other than a meaningless win in a season of disappointment...I feel it!! :tt1 :tt1

:Boobs

We are still alive!! Divine intervention??? Otherwise I agree. Ben is the greatest QB, Lebeau is the greatest DC and Arians is the greatest OC ever!!!! :lol:

We won...thank you jesus!!!

SteelAbility
12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah it meant something. It meant that our D SUCKS. When your QB is 29 of 46 (63%) for 504 yards (10.9 YPA) and no INTs ... and you BARELY win, you have problems.

stlrz d
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Tomlin, after Fitz scores a TD late in the SB: If they're going to score that's how you want them to score...quick!

Yup...very similar FLA!

msp26505
12-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah it meant something. It meant that our D SUCKS. When your QB is 29 of 46 (63%) for 504 yards (10.9 YPA) and no INTs ... and you BARELY win, you have problems.
Actually, and this is just a guess, but I think those kind of QB numbers are generated because a team is either trying desperately to come from behind or is in a shootout, meaning that the team will either barely win, or worse, lose.

NorthCoast
12-21-2009, 11:05 AM

Looking at the positives, did you see the graphic during the game? We BARELY lost at least 4 games this season. Would love to see a summary of league stats this season on close games. It seems there have been a whole lot of them and teams records show how evenly matched the games are. It used to be that 10-6 was a minimum to get a wildcard spot. Last season you had a 9-7 team in the SB. This season it looks like 9-7 will be the wildcard floor.