PDA

View Full Version : So what are the scenarios?

AkronSteel
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I know we have to win our last 2 games, but if we can accomplish that what else needs to happen?

7-7 teams are:

Steelers
Dolphins
Jets
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

8-6 teams are:

Broncos
Ravens

If we win our last two it looks good! The Jaguars have to go to New England next week, The Jets have to go to Indy, the Texans play the Dolphins so one will eliminate the other, plus the Texans have to play the Patriots to end the year. The Titans have the Chargers coming in on Christmas. The Broncos have a tough trip to Philly next week which is going to be a very tough game for them to win! So what I'm saying is if we win our last two games I think we get in!!!! I know I'm wearing black and gold colored glasses but hey I can enjoy at least one more week!

:tt1 :tt2

JTP53609
12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
it will happen.....only if we get a non pedestrian qb :Blah

costanza2k1
12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Denver

Jets

Houston

Jags

They all have to lose one.

Upcoming games:

Denver @ Philly
Houston @ Miami
Jags @ Cheaters
Jets @ Indy

AkronSteel
12-20-2009, 09:36 PM
So if we win and the Dolphins win next week then week 17 is a play in game??? As long as Denver loses in Philly, Jax loses in New England, and the Jets lose in Indy......I'll take my chances!

I actually like our odds!!!

SteelAbility
12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Denver

Jets

Houston

Jags

Upcoming games:

Denver @ Philly
Houston @ Miami
Jags @ Cheaters
Jets @ Indy

I believe we also need Tennessee to lose one. Next for Tennesse is at SD. Fortunately, SD has not wrapped up the 2 seed and are still motivated. It comes down to the fact that if we get into a 3-or-more team tie-break we would lose out on conference record.

brothervad
12-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Denver

Jets

Houston

Jags

Upcoming games:

Denver @ Philly
Houston @ Miami
Jags @ Cheaters
Jets @ Indy

I believe we also need Tennessee to lose one. Next for Tennesse is at SD. Fortunately, SD has not wrapped up the 2 seed and are still motivated. It comes down to the fact that if we get into a 3-or-more team tie-break we would lose out on conference record.

Unless we have a 3-way tie at 9-7 doesn't the Steelers win out vs Tenn head to head? Or is this assuming Denver/Balt, Pgh, Tenn are tied at 9-7 which in case we get invalidated by division record first?

Argh my head hurts :evil: (due to the Steeler putting us thru this)

Lebsteel
12-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Denver

Jets

Houston

Jags

Upcoming games:

Denver @ Philly
Houston @ Miami
Jags @ Cheaters
Jets @ Indy

Unless we have a 3-way tie at 9-7 doesn't the Steelers win out vs Tenn head to head? Or is this assuming Denver/Balt, Pgh, Tenn are tied at 9-7 which in case we get invalidated by division record first?

If it came down to Denver, Tenn. and us, wouldn't we win since we have beat both of those teams? Does it work that way?

JDSteeler
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Denver

Jets

Houston

Jags

Upcoming games:

Denver @ Philly
Houston @ Miami
Jags @ Cheaters
Jets @ Indy

If it came down to Denver, Tenn. and us, wouldn't we win since we have beat both of those teams? Does it work that way?

If it is a 4-way tie with Steelers, Broncos, Titans, and Baltimore...Baltimore
would be #5 and the Steelers #6!!!!!

I'm pretty sure about this!!!!

Assuming that the Jets, Jax, and Texans lose one of their last two.

JD

JTP53609
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
we need miami to win nextweek over houston, just in case....