PDA

View Full Version : Yay, a W. Tyrone Carter still sucks in coverage...

RussBII
12-20-2009, 09:13 PM
A) That "tackle attempt" on the first longball to Jennings.
B) His consistently not being anywhere near the person he was supposed to cover.
C) I guess he's good in run support, but jeez he ba-lows in coverage.

I thought for sure I was going to have to write this thread about Willie Gay. Granted he didn't have a great game, but TC sucks bizzalls....

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 09:15 PM
B) His consistently not being anywhere near the person he was supposed to cover.

I thought for sure I was going to have to write this thread about Willie Gay. Granted he didn't have a great game, but TC sucks bizzalls....

I was upset about your point A until they showed the replay. Aikman's opinion was spot on. He thought the pass was long and he was playing the ball.

But yeah, he's just not great.

Iron Shiek
12-20-2009, 09:16 PM
i hate him

RussBII
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM

I was upset about your point A until they showed the replay. Aikman's opinion was spot on. He thought the pass was long and he was playing the ball.

I kind of witch Anthony "Killswitch" Whateverhiseffinglastname was had been in that spot. At least he would've killed Jennings. It was just piss poor.

Job description for a Safety:
A) TACKLE
B) Cover, and let no one behind you
C) Try not to suck.

Jooser
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
He sucks. I'll be glad to see him gone next year.

stlrz d
12-20-2009, 09:20 PM

I kind of witch Anthony "Killswitch" Whateverhiseffinglastname was had been in that spot. At least he would've killed Jennings. It was just piss poor.

A) TACKLE
C) Try not to suck.

I'm only defending him in that one instance. He thought he had a shot at an INT...something we haven't seen in a long time.

The ball was perfectly thrown by Rodgers. Jennings caught it right in stride.

RussBII
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
[quote=RussBII]A) That "tackle attempt" on the first longball to Jennings.

A) TACKLE
C) Try not to suck.

I'm only defending him in that one instance. He thought he had a shot at an INT...something we haven't seen in a long time.

The ball was perfectly thrown by Rodgers. Jennings caught it right in stride.[/quote:k14uzozr]

It was a great pass, and a big play even if he is down where he catches it. He could've still gotten a hand on the guy and slowed him down some. If that was a bible camp, he would've gotten demerits for a "front hug." That's how close he was....

Shoe
12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
How about the tackle attempt on Clark's TD? That was so amazingly inept.

costanza2k1
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
C) Try not to suck.

Classic...try not to suck :lol: :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
12-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Jeff Reed makes better open field tackles than Carter...

NJ-STEELER
12-20-2009, 09:39 PM
How about the tackle attempt on Clark's TD? That was so amazingly inept.

yeah, he's not so great at run support either.

he needs to be off the team next year

RussBII
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM

Hehehe... ouch...

To borrow a line from the Simpsons...

He's the suckiest bunch of sucks that have ever sucked.

And I hate saying that, because he shows such good effort, but he's just not good.

NorthCoast
12-20-2009, 10:03 PM
The defense is officially a very sick (as in not good) unit with quite a few problems. It is amazing to me that Troy was able to cover for the ineptness of the others back there. Carter just does not have the range or the smarts to play in LeBeau's defense. Gay, well he didn't suck, but he was not very good again. Burnett was schooled a couple of times as well.
It is looking more and more like we may go defense 1,2,3 in next year's draft. It has been many many years since I have seen a Steelers defense play this badly.

On some positives, Hampton played a damn fine game today. Harrison got his usual 2 or 3 holds not called. Farrior, well, we are seeing the twilight games of a great player. We need to start looking for his replacement.

grotonsteel
12-20-2009, 10:15 PM

:lol: :lol: